my husband and i stayed here for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon in sept 12. The hotel itself is in a poor location as you need to get a taxi to get into the town. the hotel have their own taxis and therefore rip you off as they dont phone a normal taxi. the resort is very expensive and definately not 5 star. our honeymoon was ruined as in the 5 nights we stayed there we had to move room 6 times, we coudn't relax and constantly had to pack our bags. the reception staff tried their best and were helpful however it did not compensate for the hassle we had to go through on what was supposed to be a trip of a lifetime. the staff in the sea view restaurant were very unattentive and i felt like everything was a real bother to them. the breakfast in the morning was terrible as everything was infested with flys and they had nothing in place to get rid of them.
when we arrived we were told that our room had been overbooked and they would have to downgrade us for one night but then they would upgrade us for the remaining 4 nights, they also gave us a complimentary massage as compensation so we accepted this. when we got to the room it was nice,there was a bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us and they had decorated our bed with flowers saying happy honeymoon so we were very happy at the effort they had made. my husband went to run a bath in the outdoor bath but it was getting dark and the light in the bath was not working, we called reception and they sent someone to fix it, we had to wait around 2 hours with some man in our room fixing the bath.....great start!
when we moved to the upgraded room the following day, it seemed ok until i went over to the tea/ccoffee making facilities and it was crawling with ants, later we found cockroaches and gekkos and more ants in the room. i understand that you cant stop nature but i think in a 5 star hotel the rooms should be sealed properly, there was gaps as wide as my 2 fingers between the floor and the door and at the sides of the door massive gaps between the door and the wall so obviously anything that wanted to get in could do very easily. the headboard are all wooden and there was ants all around it too!! disgusting.
we complained the next day and i asked for our money back so i could book another hotel but they couldnt do this as we booked through an agent so we asked to be moved back to the downgraded room as at least it was cleaner, they apologised and said there would be a deep clean done in the next room and gave us a meal voucher etc. when we went back to the old room it seemed fine until i was sitting on the bed and seen something on the wall between the bed and bedside table which looked like a wire, when i touched it, some of it broke away......it was a termite tunnel!! called housekeeping and they just swept it away.....so much for their deep clean, about an hour later there was lots of noise coming from behind the headboard (apparantly millions of termites bang heads to make noise when their tunnel has been touched) so we rand up and asked to be moved AGAIN. this was now 12.30 at night, the room was even worse than the previous room with ants, this one had giant ants and even larger gaps in the building, the ceiling above bed had a ledge to which there was a couple of gekkos hiding.....( something you dont want above where u are sleeping) so i said i was not staying, they moved us to another room with the exact same layout and said there was nothing else available, my husband had to phone up at 3.30am to come and kill 2 more gekkos above our bed, we got hardly any sleep and at this point i was fuming. the next day i asked to speak to the manager again and asked to be moved again, so we got moved again to a basic room, this time there was a shutter outside broken to which anyone could have gained access and also there was some stains on the bedsheets so we had to ring to get these problems rectified.
all in all i would not recommend it, we paid 200 pounds per night and definately expected alot more, a honeymoon is something u should want to remember but we will remember this for the wrong reasons!! we spent most of our time trying to get rooms sorted and moving rooms and got hardly any sleep, so we couldnt even enjoy it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 77 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Splitty, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut