Cocooning Hotel
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$115
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$67
  • Pool
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
$320
$260
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$196
$153
  • Pool
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$299
$70
The Tongsai Bay(Bophut)
$434
$224
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$122
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$104
$92
Priceline
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$180
$160
$711
$389
Agoda.com
All reviewsfisherman's villageair conwalking streetnice flat screen tvkoh taoperfect hostshot showercozy hotelhotel ownersexcellent hospitalitybophut beachquiet endnearby islandslocation is idealearly hourson friday nightsrooms are clean
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. This hotel is located at the "end" of Fisherman's Village and enjoys a more peaceful location away from the sounds of night life. After checking nearly every single hostel in the entire village this is the best option if you want a nice cheap room with AC. 1000 baht per night, is to me is an extremely low rate. The lowest we found before that was a terrible little room near by for 800 with no AC and little lizards running all over it.

Our room was called "desert" and was really cozy and nicely designed with a lovely little balcony but had the worst bed I've ever slept in. The matress in this room is too hard to sleep on. Apart from that, there are not many complaints. On one night there was a wild party going on in one of the rooms which was a bit annoying when there's nowhere to complain. But we used our ear plugs.
We had laptops and used the WIFI every day which worked perfect without any interruptions. We used it in our rooms, in the restaurant and in the pool area.
The pool area is really small but only adds to the cozyness of this hotel. After eating in the restaurant you can easily move to the comfortable chairs by the pool and have a beer or coffee. As the night lights come on there's a really nice atmosphere and cozyness - although they are not always open late and if they close you don't have access to the restaurant. Sometimes they would shut at 4 already.
On Thursdays they have like a Swedish gathering where they all sit and have tapas which is really nice and can turn into a real party.
The staff here is great, when I accidentally walked on the sharp stones surrounding the gate area the bargirl litterally ran out, lifted me up and carried me back!!
From here you can easily walk through the entire village and choose from many small restaurants if you don't want to eat at the hotel. We usually had 1 or 2 meals per week in the hotel restaurant.
To access the small Bophut beach you can easily walk to one of the hotels on the opposite side and as long as you buy something from the bar you are welcome to use their sun beds.
To get to Chaweng from here you need to go grab a taxi by Seven Eleven or have a motorbike rented. Samui is not for walking.
We will surely stay here again but only after checking if the sleep quality standards have improved.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aripper
AshleyThailand, Swedish manager at Cocooning Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

Sorry to hear about the bed, I can tell you all ,that new madresses been installed in every room.from 1 st April 2010. Looking forward to have you as guest again!

Reviewed February 16, 2010

We stayed at Cocooning for 4 nights over the Chinese New Year holiday.

Fisherman's Village on Bo Phut beach is an excellent location - rustic, lined with boutique hotels and restuarants. Not a party-town like Chaweng, so if you're looking for a relaxing holiday with places to go for a dinner and quiet drinks this is ideal.

Cocooning is nice enough as a small boutique hotel. We stayed at the Sunrise Suite, which has a lovely living area + bathroom, with a spiral staircase leading up to the bedroom. The living area is somewhat let down by the floor - concrete with a slick of waterproof paint, but in rather bad condition, something you would expect to find on the floor of a warehouse, not a hotel room. The floor was also rather dusty, and this remained so throughout the 4 days we were there.

The shower is rather temperamental, but all in all the bathroom was clean enough.

The bedroom was lovely with new wooden floor, exquisitely designed with plenty of light. The opening to the spiral staircase was a bit of a hazard as there were no railings, simply a hole in the ground that you'd very easily fall into in the middle of the night!

The cleanliness of the room wasn't up to standard - although I have to say my standards are quite high.

The swimming pool is alot smaller than it looks on the website, and we didn't use it at all. Really, it's more of a jacuzzi!

The staff were nice, food was good, and the wireless internet works.

Perhaps it's low season but while we were there the advertised walk-in rate was 2/3 of what we paid - can't be helped I guess.

All in all, although we had a good stay here, I'd say there are other hotels in a similar price range with cleaner rooms and better facilities.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dashador
AshleyThailand, Manager at Cocooning Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

Nice to have you as a guest, new wood floor same as on top in the suite was installed on april 8 th 2010.
Now the sunrise suite has top standard.
New curtains as well.

Reviewed January 3, 2010

Cocooning hotel looks charming....but really, the staff are very unhelpful and are cheap. The pool, quite small, but would be nice for a quick dip, was quite dirty. Why? Because they turn off the filters at night! And the supposed free wifi....never works! Why? Because they turn off the router! During our trip to Samui, I was in and out of the hospital (Bangkok Samui Hospital to be exact, highly recommended if you have any mishaps) and had to be in contact with my insurance company, but alas, I could not because they were too cheap to keep the wireless going. I pleaded one day (after complaining the night before) to please turn it on, or they should erase the "free internet" notice on their hotel's sign. They informed me that the router was in a guest's room, and therefore, they could not turn it on because it would disturb the guests. I am sorry....but who puts a router in a guest's room? I was pissed, to say the least, and demanded to talk to this lady's supervisor (I say "this lady" because you never really knew who was staff and who was not, seeing as there was no uniform, no name tags, no officail reception area...) who then laughed in my face (well, over the phone) when I said that it was not fair that I had to pay to use an internet cafe when I am paying for free internet with my room. What was more aggrevating was that there were amazing places right next door that we could have booked at instead, such as Hacienda or Carpe Diem.
Nonetheless, we were thankful to be staying in Bo Phut and not Cheweng which was like Bangkok with a beach--too noisy and touristed.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
AshleyThailand, Owner at Cocooning Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

Sorry to hear about your problems, I can say like this like the whole Samui we have had internet problems, but now they are solved. Internet works. Acoording to filters nd light they are always on as well as the router.
The router is located outside the sunrise suite and we need to go through that room before we can reset it. Its fine now and problems solved. We have great staff and sorry if they were rude to you. Some staff is new from this year now , talking about 1st april 2010 and we made big changes.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2009

This is a lovely small hotel with great value for the price, mainly because of its location in Bo Phut beach. The rooms are trendy and nice, with good airco and a nice big balcony. The view isn't much (building site, though they stopped building so there wasn't any noise) and neither is the pool, but the ocean is close and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We had no problems here, it's unwise to leave valuables in any hotel room anyway! It's very cute and the rooms are all individually themed and new looking. Lovely cold air conditioning. The pool was great and the sea is 20 seconds away. I liked that they did different food to everywhere else and Bo Phut is a stunning find on the island. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple