We had a really pleasant welcome when we arrived at the cocooning. We were both struggling with our stomach because of some bad food we ate the previous night . Dave made us some toast And even went to the 7/11 to get us some sort of rehydration powder which you had to mix with water! Incredibly helpful!
This awesome English (ex) dive instructor created rooms that are designed with cosy yet fresh colours, comfy beds, good showers and more important, rooms which are clean! They just refurbished the place and it made a really fresh impression.
These rooms, located in a great place of the island called ‘Fishermans Village’ Bo Phut, is the perfect place if you are looking for a great price/value balance.
We are both graduated from the Hospitality business school, worked in different hotel chains and dealt with several levels of hotelmanagement. We have met numerous of hospitality related entrepeneurs and this was a perfect example of commitment towards your guests.
During our stay Dave was very willing to help us with all sorts of issues. From arranging a snorkelling trip through the National marine park to advising us on where to sleep in Bangkok on our way back home. He even drew us a map by hand, so detailed that we didn’t even needed Google Maps to guide through the hustle and bustle of this massive capital! So where do we need IPhones for… Just ask Dave to draw one for you
In other words, you do not only pay for the room: All this friendliness and helpfulness, feeling of being home, excellent standard of customer service, the magic toast, his lovely Danish wife and his great looking son of only a couple of months old, his jokes about his own length, their knowledge about the island and advices they can give you…. I think that will give you just a small idea of how it´s like staying at the cocooning.
Sometimes when you reside in a palace, the staff can turn it into a nightmare. However, this visit was without a doubt truly amazing.
We both would go back in a heartbeat. Definitely!
PS. Dave, If you are still thinking of opening a second place in Thailand…. Do not hesitate to contact us!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes walk from the beach and perfectly located at the quiet end of the villages many shops and restaurants, Cocooning is a tranquil paradise and a great place to enjoy Samui from. Great value for money, the hotel is very competitively priced for the area and perfect for couples, families and singles of all ages. You will be guaranteed a warm welcome from Dave and Therese, the hotel's owners, who are by far the hotel's biggest asset. The dynamic duo from England and Sweden have lived in Thailand for over 10 years, offering a wealth of experience and local knowledge. They started their journey on Koh Tao where they met and worked in the diving industry, until they set up their first business together running a very successful beachside bar and restaurant. They were later married and looking for a new adventure with the imminent arrival of their first child, set their sights on Cocooning in 2012. They instantly added something special to the hotel and their little personal touches can be seen throughout. Service is most definitely with a smile and guests are made to feel instantly at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cocooning Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocooning Hotel And Tapas Bar
- Cocooning Hotel Tapas Bar
- Cocooning Hotel Koh Samui
- Cocooning Hotel Ko Samui/Bophut