Villa Tanamera
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$136
$115
Amari.com
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$96
$76
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$66
  • Pool
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
$321
$260
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$197
$153
  • Pool
Bo Phut Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$193
$173
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$154
$126
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$299
$69
Hansar Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$174
$144
The Tongsai Bay(Bophut)
$434
$227
All reviewsbig buddhaliving roomkoh samuismall kitchenprivate terraceclean poolwalking distanceclose to the airportmassage ladiesperfect holidayoutdoor showerchaweng beachbeach sideislandpierskhunthailand
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed in the Beachfront Bungalow (two bedrooms). We enjoyed our private terrace under palm trees very much.. The entire small resort is very peaceful and relaxed. The bungalow was spacious and clean. Service of the staff very attentive, personal and nice.
The beach is not really nice to go swimming (not the mistake of the hotel), and dinning opportunities in the area a little bit limited. Regular planes flying over, which was irritating in the beginning but not a problem. Taxi to airport 10 minutes, to Chaweng 15 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WorldZH
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Friendly helpful staff, great location, very comfy bed and lounge, good sized rooms. We stayed in villa no 6 and loved it. Great lap pool, not too chlorinated. Generous amounts of bottled water supplied free. Gorgeous manicured garden with luscious grass by the pool, such luxury for tired feet. Walking distance to great food (eastern & western) & massage shops aplenty. Motorbike hire an added bonus. Shower water nice - at the Saboey it smelt metallic and made me smell. Overall a very comfortable rejuvinating experience. Free WiFi too, good speed & reliable. The road outside is noisy but the villa is well insulated and surprisingly peaceful. The manager Tan is very welcoming, helpful & attentive. I felt at home, it was an intimate, private setting for a well-earned holiday!

• Stayed: May 2013
thairambler, General Manager at Villa Tanamera, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear trtouch,

thank you very much for your review, we are very proud of our gardeners effort in keeping the landscaping lush and adding that tropical feel to our resort. As for the pool, we switched to a new system last year which requires minimum use of chlorine as it uses minerals to keep the water clear and clean.
Hope to host you again in the future

best regards

Milos

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We're two couples booked pool side villa and stayed for 4 nights. Both of us loved this peaceful villa. We felt like staying at home in Villa Tanamera. We enjoyed the breakfast by Tan, the manager, every morning. And every night we come back we saw staff still waiting at the gate. Though the beach outside is not as nice as Cha Weng, it's very quiet, like a private beach. Next time, we would choose Villa Tanamera as well.

Room Tip: Rent a car is necessary.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a place where you go to enjoy your family, friends and your time there! I mean, the hotel is not close to the downtown. You just have some bars and massages houses nearby. A good point is the the airport is close and the ferrys going and coming from Phanghan are close too. The hotel doesn offer many options further than the wi-fi and the swimingpool. The service is restrict as during the night the roomserice does not work and thats why you have your own stuff in the room to cook your food. On the beach, in front of the hotel, you have a place where you can enjoy a massage looking at the sea. If you want, you can rent a jet-ski... its nice to ski there, the water is so calm.

Room Tip: Take the bungalow in front of the beach!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I loved my stay at Villa Tanamera so much in June 2012 that I was back for another 3 weeks in Dec/Jan, and now it does truly feel like a second home. The first week (over New Year), I stayed solo in the studio. There was a little bit of street noise up there but I found keeping the kitchen window and bathroom door closed not only negated it but kept the mozzies out too. It's very spacious and comfortable and the view down across the pool to the beach is magical. A friend and her teenage son then arrived for two weeks and we relocated to the pool villa (still love the blue bathroom) and finally the beachfront. This must be one of the loveliest spots on the island for the price. The villa is enormous but we hardly left the gorgeous deck, perched above the sand among the palm trees. The wonderful staff were as welcoming and hardworking as before.

Just a couple of things to point out:
I witnessed the 'facecloth' incident mentioned below, mainly because I was in the studio above reception and could hear every word of abuse the woman who wrote it screeched at Tan, though I could not hear his response. I also saw the offending towel on the reception table later and it was completely covered in orange stains and irrevocably ruined. Tissues are always good when travelling with children I find. That and a respectful attitude to the locals. I don't think I have ever met a hotel employee who is as generous and warm with his assistance as Tan.

Milos - please get some new sunloungers!

Room Tip: I've stayed in them all now!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends