The old adage you only get what you pay for!
The main problem, the owner! She should not be allowed front house, she's not good at it and obviously doesn't enjoy it!
Her staff save her bacon on every occasion.
Points worth making:
1. First room offered: not fit for human habitation unless malaria or tuberculosis us your goal!
2. On complaining, second room better, but air conditioning needed to visit to get working, sort of.
3. Wi-Fi not working, greeted with a shoulder shrug.
4. In arrival fir breakfast the only table available was occupied by the owner counting her takings from the previous day. Little or no intention of making way for the paying customers.
This hotel could have so much going for it in terms of location. Small things would fix everything and the owner needs to take a back seat!
Bo Phut fisherman's village has so much to offer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carpe Diem owners, Jean-Christophe and Vincent, brothers from France, cordially extend an enthusiastic welcome, providing you with their unique charming, seductive mixture of French & Thai hospitality. Opened in December 2005, Carpe Diem offers you a pleasing warm environment, impressive well appointed rooms, swimming pool, gastronomic restaurant set in a wonderful tropical garden. Situated at Bophut, in the Fisherman Village, is Carpe Diem a peaceful hidden oasis of tranquility within 10 minutes easy access to many of the island most popular places. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Carpe Diem Hotel Restaurant Ko Samui/Bophut