Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I am very late in writing this review but we had such an awful experience here I thought people should be warned! We had part of our honeymoon at this resort in feb 2010, unfortunately the site wouldn't let me select this date as it is a bit too far back I think. But I am writing it anyway. We stayed here for 10 days. We also had our 7 month old with us.

Positives: Good location. Swimming pool was fine. Dining room attractive looking.

Negatives: Where do I start! I got severe food poisoning from the hotel restaurant. We had no phone in our room, reception was closed, no taxis nearby. I was so sick the first night my husband wanted to take me to hospital but we couldn't/didn't know how to get there! My husband told them first thing in the morning and they said "you should have woken the manager up" and he said "where does he/she sleep, no one told us anything when we arrived!" My fever and vomiting went from 9pm until 6am non-stop. Was very scary! It took me almost a week to feel normal again. I was too scared to eat in their restaurant and only had toast with nothing on it each morning. Our toilet wouldn't flush and the sink didn't drain properly. They eventually moved us to another room which had allot of greenery and was a haven for mosquitoes. We were bitten to death despite bug spray! The shower had two settings, freezing or bloody scalding. The place wasn't geared up for kids and I didn't find the staff friendly or helpful. The owner/manager didn't care that I had been sick, she said it must have been from somewhere else. I hadn't eaten anywhere else, it was on our first night there! They did nothing special for us on arrival despite knowing in advance it was our honeymoon. No congrats or anything. We gave our clothes to reception to be washed and half of them came back pink!

We have been to Thailand many times before and love Koh Samui and the friendly people that live there. If you want to experience Koh Samui at its best, DO NOT STAY HERE. It totally ruined our holiday.

Date of stay: September 2011
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank amberlouises
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The laid back attitude of this place rubs off! We had fled a hideous hotel and on the eve of sonkran was lucky to find this place. The rooms are all individual in style and have a great quirky atmosphere. Our room was clean and the bathroom basic but adequate. The shower was cold and quite hit and miss. A gap in the screen ment we had a couple of lizard friends but we didnt tell them till we left, im sure it would have been sorted if we had asked earlier.
The breakfast was fabulous! Great coffee, juice and fantastic choice. I love egg in bread! We were sorry we couldnt stay longer! The hotel is in a great position fishermans village, however we didnt love ko Samui. If we could move the hotel somewhere else perfect!

Room tip: Go for the slightly more expensive rooms - cute little whirlpool in the front!
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good location, right by the Fisherman Village. We went on Friday, Bophut walking street started right outside the hotel, which was great for food and drinks.
The hotel itself was not that nice, a bit pricey for 1,000 Baht and still have cold shower! And it could do with shower curtain as water was just everywhere in the bathroom. We stayed in B7, old pillows but the bed was ok.
Staff were friendly.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for 3.5 days in room B7 - A/C, fan, free wifi, tv, balcony of pool view, minibar - 2 free water daily, safe, towels, cold shower (i think it's just our room..), shampoo, conditioner, body gel provided.

For what we're getting, Carpe Diem is very affordable and great value located in Fisherman's Village. They have a swimming pool which I thought didn't look too bad and a restaurant.

Wifi is reliable and bed is comfy. A/C plus fan was a bonus and the room is spacious. Balcony isn't as private as the neighbours can see you from both side. Bed and pillow was comfy and not noisy area. Bathroom is big too.

Tip: Stay there during Friday because every Friday night there's a night market right infront!

I would stay here again :-)

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank okmumyesok
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Carpe diem has very unusual style, rooms and all the interioir designed in an unexpected manner. And look good and impressive.

This hotel has wonderful location in Bo Phut fisherman's village, not far from the Pier restaurant.

Staff speaks strange language except of the one girl at the reception. It is impossible to get any cooperation in the evening, because the guy who sits in the restaurant doesn't speak.

All the equipment looks pretty old and weary and dirty.

The biggest disappointment for me personally was that despite we had our breakfast included it was impossible to get it.

The whole restaurant was empty except a group of friendly people from China who went to the kitchen and made breakfast for themselves.

May be this is some sort of a neat experience for the guests but was unprepared for this and had to look for breakfast somewhere else.

The amount paid for breakfast wasn't reimbursed after a couple of my requests. I decided to seize the argument.

Date of stay: April 2012