Of the 5 places we booked to stay in our recent South East Asia trip, the Waterfront Bophut was the resort we had the least expectations for. We got married on Koh Samui and spent 5 wonderful days at Rockys Resort before going off to Koh Tao. We then came back to Samui for 4 days before flying off to SIngapore. We wanted somewhere clean and easy in close proximity to the airport so we chose The Waterfront and were very pleased with our choice.
Robin, Sue and their son were fabulous. Sue greeted us on our arrival and we had a drink and a chat with her before being shown to our wonderfully clean room (the Denise Van Outen suite!!). If you ever need a Thai translator then Robin and Sue's son (I forget his name) is fluent in Thai and one of the best on the island. We had a great chat with him about Thai culture on the way to the airport.
Robin and Sue are well-travelled and know exactly what westerners want and expect from a resort. The rooms are very clean, tidy and spacious, including the bathroom. They reminded me of a typical spanish apartment - tiled floors, pine furniture, patio doors. Having stayed in much more traditionally thai-styled places on our trip so far this was the refreshing, cleansing experience we really needed!
If you want to experience the Thai islands and culture but still come back each evening to a safe, clean, western-style apartment then The Waterfront Bophut is definitely for you.
The fishermans village of Bophut itself has a lot of character and there are some great places to eat and drink. If I am completely honest, it lacks a little of the Thai culture as there are a lot of european-owned bars and restaurants that have been cleaned up a little to attract the western tourist but this is a great place to explore the island. We even did a day trip to Koh Phangan from Big Buddha pier which is also in very close proximity.
I do not understand any of the previous negative comments about this place. For me, you cannot fault it and the owners really bend over backwards to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. When Sue found out that we were on our honeymoon she decorated the room beautifully with flowers and a special message on our bed. It's those touches and thoughtfulness of the owners that make this place what it is today.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut