Having spent 10 wonderful nights at this resort, it is easy to understand why it gets such good ratings and such a high guest return rate. It was a truly fabulous way to end our month in Thailand.
We were allowed to check in early at 8:30am and were given a complimentary breakfast. Simple touches that got our stay off to a wonderful start and the service just continued on a friendly and guest orientated level throughout our stay.
Throughout our stay nothing was too much for the staff or owners and it was with real sadness that we had to leave! The personal touches and attention to detail was superb throughout our stay (cold towels & free pineapple around the pool, the numerous restaurant & trip recommendations, staff calling everyone by their first names, etc etc etc).
Our room was compact (Room 1 Seaview Bungalow), but really quaint, clean and all in working order. The grounds were immacualtely looked after by an around the clock gardening team. The pool, whilst small, was fine and the loungers and foot rests so relaxing. Never a problem finding loungers around the pool or on the beach.
Breakfasts (cooked to order) and lunches were good (a very wide choice and all food great) and with so many wonderful restaurants in Bophut (including the local restaurant opposite) you are spoilt for choice.
However, the biggest plus for this place is its home from home feel and how you are truly welcomed in to the extended family. The interaction with staff and other guests was wonderful (it certainly attracts a friendly bunch from all around the world).
Bophut itself is a great little village with a number of quaint bars and restaurants, which more than compensates for not having one of the best beaches on the island.
As someone who has travelled many times throughout Thailand, each time staying at a different resort, I have to say this is one place we will be coming back to.
We just don't think the five ratings allowed by TripAdvisor are sufficient enough for our stay at The Waterfront!
STEVE & KELLY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut