1,068 results
All reviewsrobin suefisherman's villageother guestskoh samuiperfect hostsfamily bungalowquiet endhoneymoon suitewelcome drinkhome from homerestaurants and barsthai staffwalking marketsmall hotelbo phutshort strollbophut beach
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Robin & Sue,

We would like to thank you very much for our wnderful two nights with you at THE WATERFRONT, Fishermans Village, BOPHUT.

Firstly, the warm welcome extended to us from Sue was personal and caring, we loved it. Our Stay at your lovely Boutique Hotel gave us a much different perception of Koh Samui because we previously stayed 6 nights at different locations on Chewang & Lamai. This was the quiet & tranquil pace we were after. With the Beach Views from your tropical garden & pool deck we wish we had come here first, because we would have stayed....

Your Staff were all fantastic and friendly, and i thank your laundry person AGAIN for returning my VISA card that i had left in a shirt pocket. I felt very secure and cared for at THE WATERFRONT. So much so i would like to return with children and let them experience what wonderful hospitality is.

I have selected couples because it was only my wife & I on this trip, but THE WATERFRONT would also be perfect for all Visitors.

Room Tip: ALL rooms are situated that you can see the beach fromt your own balcony. Our room was clean and comfortable with all basic necessities (mini bar!), Air Con, TV.... WiFi.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I was coming to Koh Samui I asked a local Thai friend to recommend a hotel in Bophut. She suggested the Waterfront and I'm grateful she did. I spent 10 wonderful weeks there and cannot fault a single thing about it.

My experience began after a 17-hour journey from Sydney, Australia, landing at Samui Airport at 9.00pm. What a relief to emerge from the airport and find a lift waiting for me so that I didn't have to use what little was left of my brain! On arriving at the Waterfront one of the owners, Robin, was there to greet me and offer me a drink. That was my first surprise - I've never actually met the owner of a hotel before.

But Waterfront is no ordinary hotel. It has about 18 rooms, all built around a beautiful garden and swimming pool right on the beach. It feels like a family business, with Robin and Sue there every day chatting to the guests. They have been there for 10 years, but some of the staff (who are all Thai) have been there even longer. As I was also studying the Thai language during my stay, the staff all gave me a hand and we had a lot of fun together.

I noticed the number of guests who were return visitors as well. Many of them were greeted like old family friends, and some come every year. There were families with children of all ages and retired people, from several countries, so there were always great conversations over breakfast or around the bar in the evening.

Although Fisherman's Village can get noisy and busy on occasion (especially during Friday night 'Walking Street' markets!), the Waterfront is down the quiet end, but there are many restaurants an easy stroll away.

I enjoyed my stay so much that I extended it much longer than originally planned, and as it was High Season, I moved rooms a few times to fit in with the existing bookings. This was great as I got to experience quite a lot of the accommodation! The rooms range in size from single to family, all with air conditioning and internet (although be aware that in Samui both the internet and the electricity can drop out during storms!)

Every day I was there I awoke to palm trees and the gentle sound of water lapping on the beach only 50 metres away. I don't think I could ever get sick of it. I was treated with such friendship by everybody there that this will always be a hotel that I will look forward to coming back to.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Timothy W
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spent two nights in this wonderful hotel, in a beach bungalow looking out onto pool and sea beyond. Extremely peaceful location and yet so close to the busy fisherman s village shops and restaurants. Very relaxing either sitting on comfy loungers round pool or on fab beach. Robin and sue the owners made us feel very welcome indeed and we really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely love to go back for longer stay next time.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotell is nice and clean, and the beds are exelent. No wifi in the room (nr4)
But the beach are not suited for swiming, shalow water and a smelly river running out in front of the hotel.
Bophut village is filled with huge mediterrainian resturants witch are overprised and has charm like and averege Mc Donnald's.
There is alsow a few turkish tailors who screams at you when you walk by. The usual "hellow my friend, where you from. Spesial price for you."
We stayed at the hotel 3 nights, and had dinner two times in mae had, the neigbour town.

6  Thank Me1349
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from 7 nights at the Waterfront. We have stayed in Bophut before at the Bophut Resort and Spa which is a 5* hotel. However the Waterfront wins hands down.
It is a friendly, small hotel run by Robin and Sue, who have obviously travelled and stayed in many hotels and have used their experience to cover every comfort. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very well appointed. The general ambience is one of calm, quiet comfort with the bustle of Fishermans Wharf just outside the gate. PERFECT !!
My husband and I will certainly return and would not hesitate to recomend this hotel to anyone.

oooo before I forget the staff are amazing, sweet people so congratulations to all for a lovely hotel experience

1  Thank Angie E