This is our third stay at the Waterfront and in our opinion it continues to provide a complete relaxing holiday in paradise. On this occasion we had toured New Zealand for two weeks and were looking to chill out before returning home and it is certainly living up to our expectations again.
As I write this review I am sat on the beach overlooking Koh Pragnan and the beautiful turquoise sea of the Gulf of Thailand and what could be more idyllic. In the knowledge you are being provided with exceptional hospitality by the Waterfront's delightful staff.
We have previously reviewed the Waterfront in our profile and would only be repeating ourselves in relation to the rooms and facilities offered. Everyone who stays here have differing opinions and 99% rate the Waterfront extremely complimentary.Perhaps the seven or eight who have provided an alternative view have not considered the cost of staying at the Waterfront when compiling their views and opinions, compared to other hotels in Thailand.
In relation to Bophut village the restaurants and bars appear to be finding the world wide recession difficult compared to previous years. Many are empty and are vying for custom and the atmosphere has disappeared, you can at times be the only people dining with around four waiters hovering around the table. Slightly disconcerting and worrying for the Thai people who are totally dependent on tourists
Thanks once again to Sue and Robin and all the delightful Thai staff who continue to provide wonderful holidays in paradise and with this in mind I am now going to book for another stay next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut