1,070 results
All reviewsrobin suefisherman's villageother guestskoh samuiexcellent hostsfamily bungalowquiet endhoneymoon suitewelcome drinkhome from homerestaurants and barsthai staffwalking marketsmall hotelbo phutshort strollbophut beach
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I can only speak from my own experience of staying at The Waterfront and as I have stayed there 8 times I know this place very well. This time I went alone but have been with friends and family and it is always amazing.
Not only is it immaculate it is entertaining with stunning gardens and a pretty beach.
Sue Robin Michael and all the staff are delightful.
The bar is always busy with guests and locals that pop by, they are always welcome time and time again.
The pool is a perfect temp and the loungers are so comfy you just fall asleep!
In a nutshell this place has it all, don't even look any where else. Bophut fisher mans village is the prettiest place to stay in Samui and The Waterfront is at the quiet end of the village which works well.
Now with the walking street market on Fridays in the village it's even better here than my last visit.
I'm going back to the waterfront Christmas can't wait!
Thank you The Waterfront your biggest fan Hayley

Room Tip: I always have a one bedroom beachfront bungalow with a view to sea, lush gardens all around. This is also a great price for what you get clean linen towels orchids, air con, uk tv!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just returned from our 3rd stay at the Waterfront, once again we had a wonderful stay in this small and friendly hotel.
Robin and Sue are perfect hosts and the staff are always friendly and helpful the hotel is in a perfect location, a short stroll to the village with it's amazing collection of restaurants and bars, would highly recommend 56 and Seaside but in all honesty we didn't have a bad meal in the 2 weeks we were there.

The Waterfront is an ideal base if you want to explore the Island but even better if you just like lazing in the sun.

We are heading off to pastures new next year but have no doubt that we will be returning to the Waterfront in the near future

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I can't believe everyone is so happy staying at the waterfront.
I was so disappointed in this hotel after all the excellent reviews on tripadvisor,
Before I start you can check out my other hotel reviews on trip advisor, I always give my honest opinion good or bad!

At check in we were given a free welcome drink by one of the Thai staff, then we were given a questionnaire card to fill in which I found a bit intrusive, unnecessary and time consuming. Who wants all this fuss after a long haul flight to Thailand? Other hotels take a quick copy of your passport (job done).

We were eventually shown to I think the only room in the hotel without a sea view (room No 4). The room was tiny with just enough space to walk around the bed, this was reflected in the size of the T.V. or should I say 14 inch computer monitor. The room was aged and tired but fantastic compared to the dark dingy and smelly bathroom, the horrible chocolate brown tiles belong back in seventies, whenever we turned on the shower we got disgusting smell of stagnant water from the drain, I'm not sure if other guests had this problem but every bathroom was supplied with a large can of air freshener. This problem may be caused by what looks like sewage tanks just outside our room. (Check photos).

Like many tourists I holiday in Thailand for the nice weather and lovely beaches with warm seas you can swim in, This hotel is located on the worst part of Bophut beach , It's totally unsuitable for swimming with sharp stones under foot and a smelly river depositing all kinds of rubbish and sewage into the sea.( check photos) This leaves the only other option which is the hot tub, (sorry I mean swimming pool :-)). The size of the pool is mentioned numerous times on trip advisor.

After a nice evening meal we returned to the hotel bar to be greeted for the first time by Robin, Sue and son Michael the English family who run the waterfront.
They get a lot of praise on trip advisor but I found them to be quite intrusive and felt like I was been interrogated for my life story. The son was quite intoxicated and was making fun of other English guests and there accents. Those guests laughed it off but it may offend some other people.
For the rest of our stay I found Robin & Sue a bit over the top with their hospitality which gave me the impression of it not being genuine.
Some British tourists love the taste of home while on holiday but I found them totally out of place in Thailand, I prefer hotels run by local Thai's , there are plenty of Robin & Sue's running B&B's back in England if want that sort of holiday.

Unfortunately for the Thai staff at the hotel Michael as learned to speak Thai and this reflected in their body language when he is around them, they don't look happy in their jobs compared to staff in other Thai hotels I've stayed in.

There wasn't much I liked about my stay at this hotel, but I would like to praise the Thai chef who provided us with some lovely food.

To sum up I think this hotel is an overpriced 2 star B&B; I stayed the previous 3 nights in a 3 star hotel in Lamai beach which was far superior and was £20 a night cheaper! Don't make the mistake I made and only read the good reviews, there are better hotels than this one in Bophut.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
18  Thank lpool63
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for over a week while on holiday and have nothing but good things to say about it. We loved the location - a few minutes walk from the center of Fisherman's Village, but nice and quiet with its own section of beach. The pool, the beach, the garden, everything was lovely. Our room was clean and tidy, with an amazingly comfortable bed (which can be hard to find in Thailand). I am super surprised by the negative reviews found on here; our towels, shower, linens, etc. were pristine. The power did go out once during our stay, and we were immediately supplied with a flashlight. Hey, you're on an island in Thailand, sometimes the power goes out!

Breakfast on the veranda was a great way to start each day. Our eggs were cooked to order, and the staff was attentive. Yes, I had to ask for marmalade once, and it promptly appeared! We saw the owner around every day, and he chatted with us several times. We thought this place was great. We have been many places in Thailand now and would happily stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BounceMonster
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is our 8th visit to the Waterfront and we will keep coming back, we have rebooked for July this year.
We have never in all our years of travels found a comparable hotel which scores 5 stars in all areas.
Sue & Robin deserve all the compliments they receive.
The atmosphere around the poolside bar in the evenings is incomparable to elsewhere, totally charming
You can enjoy the company of fellow travellers from all over the world

Room Tip: Book as early as possible to avoid dissapointment
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple