1,068 results
All reviewsrobin suefisherman's villageother guestskoh samuiperfect hostsfamily bungalowquiet endhoneymoon suitewelcome drinkhome from homerestaurants and barsthai staffwalking marketsmall hotelbo phutshort strollbophut beach
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at the Waterfront for 8 days over the Christmas period and everything was excellent like my previous visit. One thing that was particularly nice was that all the guests staying were very friendly as the property was full. Would recommend the Waterfront to all my work colleagues and friends and will be staying again when I next visit Koh Samui.

Room Tip: Choose one of the beach front bungalows.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed there for 2 weeks in September( 8 days, left for a week in kho pangan and came back for 5 more days), and I don't have words enough to describe how much we enjoyed every minute and aspect of our stay.
Everyone has been so helpful and nice since we booked until we left, making us feel welcomed and at home straight away. The staff were really nice with our children, helping us arrange activities, accepting and understanding strange and childish food preferences, letting them play happily in the pool.
The food is absolutely Lovely, everything you can ask for, I have to say I was really surprised how one cook can master so many cooking all by herself so well.
As other people wrote the rooms are basic but nice, the beach is not the best in Thailand, and there is not enough closet space, but for us non of it mattered one bit, we loved being there and just can't wait to get back :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cookie_san_5114
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I visited this hotel in september with my partner. Who had been here twice before. He always spoke about gong back to the waterfront as he really enjoyed his time here before, he spoke highly of the hotel, staff and location.

The whole experience of koh samui was just outstanding it beat all my expectations that i had. The location of the hotel is perfect (walking distance to the viallage) the hotel is on the beach, the staff at the waterfront were so friendly and went out their way to help us, i really enjoyed our evenings of sitting by the bar and talking to the bar staff and robin and sue. There really is nothing to fault.

We enjoyed our time so much they we will be going back to the waterfront again next year.....anyone that is considering visiting koh samui i would encourage you to and i would highly recommend staying at the waterfront.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We wandered into The Waterfront with a view to stay for a few nights. We are an over 50 couple and were with my adult daughter and her partner. The greeting we received ( I presume it was Sue) was as if we were very unwelcome intruders. We felt so awkward being followed around the grounds that we made a hasty exit. Clearly we can't comment on the accommodations or the food but if this is how management treat their guests then I am very surprised with all the fantastic reviews. We did see the pool and the grounds which were not inspiring and the beach at this end of the village is a bit rocky and grey but pleasant enough. Location is quite good

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank Gemgem50
WordsKohSamui, Owner at The Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Well this won't be long.What do you say to a reviewer who walks in for 10 minutes and then blasts you with a 1 rating 6 months later.My first reaction is thank god he didn't stay but still Ta lets him hit us with a 1. We never follow guests arond and my wife Sue was in UK all June!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed for 9 nights at the Waterfront in November in a Deluxe bungalow. Some good things and some which could use some improvement, good things first. Complimentary Airport pickup and drop off is included, nice touch. The rooms are clean. The location is quiet. Food is good though we had a few issues with breakfast (see below) and drinks are a reasonable price. The staff are friendly but not as helpful as staff we've experienced at the Anantara or the Mantra where we've stayed before.

So now the not so good - sorry Waterfront. The rooms although clean are basic and the walls are very thin so coughing, talking, television noise etc is a real problem when you're trying to get to sleep, as is the very noisy and old air-conditioning unit in the room. There is very little drawer space to put clothes so don't take much clothes with you! The bed was very hard but if you like a firm mattress you'd be OK.

As mentioned in lots of other reviews the beach is not the best and the sunbeds on the beach are showing their age - there is also no sun-shades available either on the beach or by the pool so you have to drag your sunbed into what shade there is on the beach if you need a respite from the sun.

Breakfast is basic with three types of cereal, fruit and then a choice of eggs x2, sausage x1, bacon x1, or croisants, or pancakes etc, but if you wanted pancakes and eggs you would dip out. My husband asked to have 2 sausages and 2x bacon as we were going out for the day and wanted a good breakfast to start off the day with. We were told the only way he could have this if I did not have a breakfast and gave my sausages and bacon away to him! A bit petty we thought.

Quite a few stray dogs and cats around, nothing the Waterfront can do on this one but it's just a warning if you have young children.

All in all we enjoyed our stay as Fisherman's village is a great place with lovely beach-front restaurants, but I wouldn't stay at the Waterfront again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple