We stayed for 9 nights at the Waterfront in November in a Deluxe bungalow. Some good things and some which could use some improvement, good things first. Complimentary Airport pickup and drop off is included, nice touch. The rooms are clean. The location is quiet. Food is good though we had a few issues with breakfast (see below) and drinks are a reasonable price. The staff are friendly but not as helpful as staff we've experienced at the Anantara or the Mantra where we've stayed before.
So now the not so good - sorry Waterfront. The rooms although clean are basic and the walls are very thin so coughing, talking, television noise etc is a real problem when you're trying to get to sleep, as is the very noisy and old air-conditioning unit in the room. There is very little drawer space to put clothes so don't take much clothes with you! The bed was very hard but if you like a firm mattress you'd be OK.
As mentioned in lots of other reviews the beach is not the best and the sunbeds on the beach are showing their age - there is also no sun-shades available either on the beach or by the pool so you have to drag your sunbed into what shade there is on the beach if you need a respite from the sun.
Breakfast is basic with three types of cereal, fruit and then a choice of eggs x2, sausage x1, bacon x1, or croisants, or pancakes etc, but if you wanted pancakes and eggs you would dip out. My husband asked to have 2 sausages and 2x bacon as we were going out for the day and wanted a good breakfast to start off the day with. We were told the only way he could have this if I did not have a breakfast and gave my sausages and bacon away to him! A bit petty we thought.
Quite a few stray dogs and cats around, nothing the Waterfront can do on this one but it's just a warning if you have young children.
All in all we enjoyed our stay as Fisherman's village is a great place with lovely beach-front restaurants, but I wouldn't stay at the Waterfront again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run, small, select and peaceful, yet only steps away from excellent restaurants, bars and boutiques.All rooms are beachfront and the view of the sea and outlying islands is spectacular. Many guests extend their stay, recommend us to others or return themselves, often to meet other guests who have now become friends. Its like coming home, they say. Lots of little touches to make you feel welcome including free pick-up and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Hotel Bophut
- Waterfront Bophut
- The Waterfront Ko Samui/Bophut