1,068 results
All reviewsrobin suefisherman's villageother guestskoh samuiperfect hostsfamily bungalowquiet endhoneymoon suitewelcome drinkhome from homerestaurants and barsthai staffwalking marketsmall hotelbo phutshort strollbophut beach
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was my 3rd stay at The Waterfront and as soon as I arrived I remembered exactly what I loved about it. I am sure there are many similar hotels however none have the same personal touches; from the 'welcome back' in petals on the bed to the singha beer on arrival, it is just perfect.
We were there during Songkran (my first experience of this even though I have visited Thailand around 10 times) and that was certainly an experience. I had expected a few teenagers with water pistols - I was very wrong!
Just everything about this place is fantastic, the happy helpful staff, the rooms, the location (at the end of Fishermans Village and a 5 minute walk to many great restaurants serving a variety of food); and just that feeling that they see their guests as extended family and not just paying customers.
Robin was unfortunately back in the UK at this time but Sue was there and as usual was the perfect hostess. I always say that The Waterfront should be marketed as a cure for depression as you just could never be unhappy there.
I know I will return time after time.............

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JTDubai
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We booked the Waterfront before our trip to Koh Samui using Trip Advisor for information about where to stay and we were more than delighted with the location, comfort and friendliness of this lovely boutique hotel. The rooms had everything you could want including air conditioning, fridge, fully stocked bathroom, clean beach towels daily as well as tea/coffee/milk and fresh bottled water every day.

We booked to stay for four nights and loved it so much that we stayed again on our way back to the airport two weeks later. Breakfast is freshly cooked for you every morning, the outside bar near the pool is just the right size for cozy chats with the other guests, which often went on until the early hours of the morning. In fact staying at the Waterfront is so friendly that it's like being on holiday with an extended family (without the arguments). Sue, the owner, is always on hand and must be the best and most attentive hotelier I have ever met. Nothing is too much trouble for her or her wonderful friendly staff.

I would certainly recommend anyone to stay at the Waterfront.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent with beach front views
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Iainmac51
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We have stayed at the waterfront for three years in a row now and every time seems to get better.
We have never stayed in the same place more than once but we have never found anywhere like the waterfront, Robin and Sue go out of there way to make sure your stay is perfect, the staff are always smiling and very helpful, the rooms are perfect and kept clean and the location is ideal so why would we want to go anywhere else.
Thank you to Sue and all the staff for yet again making our holiday just awesome !!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TJWhiteUk
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is the third stay here in three years. It's like coming home to a wonderful place and wonderful family. Unfortunately Robin, one of the owners was away this time but Sue his lovely wife was there and treated us like old friends.We love coming here it is a small friendly hotel with lovely helpful staff and you always get to meet the other guests around the bar in the evening. The pool is small but that's why I love it and you can always sit around it in comfy chairs to catch the sun. The food is lovely and the rooms are ideal we stayed in the honeymoon suite as we got married in Thailand this year and they made a beautiful design out of flowers on the bed and bought us a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Nothing is too much trouble and will definitely go back to this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: As it is so reasonably priced go for honeymoon suite as nice and private and double shower and sinks.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

As veterans of more than a hundred holiday trips between us, my wife and I cannot think of a more welcoming, relaxing and caring place than The Waterfront. It's fanatstic value for money, spotlessly clean and, in our case, we had a beachfront air-conditioned en suite room with all mod cons, including a very necessary fridge (it was very hot in April), and very comfortable and spacious double bed. The room was modern and immaculately kept. From the room's tiny terrace you looked acoss the green grass garden onto the sandy beach just yards away and, with a superb backdrop of islands in the distance, a scene of peaceful relaxation. Sue is a wonderful host, remembering everyone's names and she is suported by a lovely Thai staff, including two masseuses - the massage beds are next to the pool and outdoor bar and could hardly be more handlily placed. Thanks to Pa's ministrations I got rid of a crick in my neck that had been bothering me for months. The outdoor bar was circular under a thatched roof and small enough for everyone to talk to each other, in a cosy, clubby atmosphere. After a Singha or two, we would make our way the few yards to the Bophut restaurants where we were spoilt for choice with cuisine of all sorts, though we stuck mainly to Thai even in the nearby Juzza Pizza resaurant, which we rated one of the best. Then it would be back to the bar, where nights often went on until the wee small hours. We invited Sue to lunch one day and she said why walk when we have out own 'taxis' - and three staff, led by hotel chef, 'Cooking', appeared to drive us to the Happy Elephant by motor scooter. Great fun.

I think it only fair to point out that, although there is a small and attractive pool by the bar, you cannot dive into the sea: it is too shallow. But you can walk a few hundred metres down the beach where he swimming is fine. But we can definitely recommend The Waterfront to anyone looking for a peaceful and self-indulgent holiday in Koh Samui and have every intention of going back there.

Room Tip: All have a great view of the beach and are quite and peaceful.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple