“A little Paris in Samui” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gourmand Samui

Gourmand Samui
Ranked #69 of 439 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Sandnes, Norway
“A little Paris in Samui”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Very nice place in Bophut. Lovely decor and very friendly staff. We order chicken salad and it was very good and the portions where huge. Cons: No kids menus. We will recomend it.

2 Thank Frank_Meland

Ko Samui, Thailand
“Really tasty food cooked with care and nice french cafe design”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Everytime when I come here, feel like I'm in some cafe in a middle of Europe, not in Thailand, and I love it! This place owned by lovely french couple. So if you looking for warm and friendly atmosphere, you must check this place! Food is also really good, big portion of salads served with warm homemade crispy bread and tasty dressing ( you can ask your preferences), a lot of different bruschettas which also served with salad lettuce, delicious desserts and great wine choice. If talk about main dishes, I'll not lie, didn't try them yet, just because I'm always full even after one salad! But my friend tried a lot, and they love it. And every dish looks so good and fresh with delicious smell, I really can tell, that it have cooked with care!
About time preparation - yes, sometimes it's take little bit long, but for me it's worth it. Anyway my recommendation to the owner take one more cook, so it will be perfect.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Anastasia K
Sydney, Australia
“Ok but more for lunch not dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant after reading the great reviews but came away disappointed .
Firstly the menu and the way it's written is confusing & the waitress was not much help.
The starter of 4 types bruschetta was tasty but only enough for I and a very limited mains selection (3).
My husband chose the meat balls which were more like tiny beef patties served on salad with little chunks of potatoes on the side. My main of duck with raspberry sauce was under done. I like my duck blushing but this was just plain raw ! We didn't stay for dessert.
The waitress was friendly but very poor English.
I wouldn't,t bother coming back for dinner, maybe lunch.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Yvette P
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointing Dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Our experience at Gourmand was our only really disappointing dining experience while staying in Koh Samui and Koh Phangan for 12 days and, as it was the last night of our honeymoon, we were very disappointed.
Based on previous reviews we were expecting a great meal, but when we arrived at the restaurant we found the menu to be very limited. In fact it is more of a cafe and may be ok for lunch, as it offers a good selection of salads, but is not great for dinner. The one woman working there was nice and friendly, but seemed to be under pressure to deal with the numbers and there were only about 10 people there, but she was on her own. As a result, we were waiting for a very long time. We both ordered bruschettas for our starters, when these arrived two tiny pieces of bread with a small amount of toppings were placed in front of us. We had to fight the urge to laugh, two bites and they were gone, it was not explained on the menu that one person would need at least two or three of these. In fact that was the main problem, the menu is not very clear and you aren't quite sure what you were getting, unless you speak good French. When I asked questions of the waitress, she was helpful, but her English was limited, so we were still unclear about the menu. We were left waiting a very long time for our mains, nearly an hour and a half after we arrived, only for my husband to have a large salad placed in front of him. We were confused as we had both ordered the same Duck dish, but this didn't appear to be duck. after questioning the waitress we discovered it was a gizzard salad, not something we would ever order. At this stage our plans for the night had to be changed because of the long waits and we decided to leave without waitying for the correct main to be cooked. In fairness to the woman we were dealing with, she was understanding and nice and she allowed us to cancel our order and pay for our drinks and starters. We left and had to go and find another restaurant.
This is my first negative review, however,after reading all of the positive reviews I felt compelled to write, as we went there purely because of the high rating it gets on Tripadvisor and I think other people may also be expecting a different experience from Gourmand than what is on offer.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Niamh B B
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Beautiful food & place..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

My friend & I called for lunch,we live on Samui but haven't been for awhile we wasn't disappointed. We had the homemade burger which was so tasty & salmon salad which was delicious too. The owner or so nice the food is presented so lovely, if you are staying near the peace hotel or any one of the others hotels in bophut please try this lovely restaurant you won't be disappointed....

Visited April 2014