“Very nice setting for the price”

The Sundays Sanctuary Resort & Spa
Ranked #132 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very nice setting for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My room was pretty standard and considering the price I paid I would recommend to anyone. The hotel setting is very relaxing, next time I will book a cabana. My room looked a bit "tired" and the only downside was the WIFI only worked in the lobby. The pool and the garden was extremely nice. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late at the hotel and there was a warm friendly welcome. We'd booked a mountain room and having looked at the bungalows we decided to upgrade.

We did spend one night in the mountain room which was pretty good. The room was really spacious. Lots of concrete and the wooden balcony railing (which was really loose) meant probably not the most kid friendly of hotels but it's not as of this place markets itself as a family hotel so no issue (just something to bear in mind)

We upgraded due to the low price difference and the bungalow was clean and very comfortable all week.

The resort itself is a lovely setting as you can tell from the pictures. The hill on which it is placed is sometimes a little too much in the heat but good exercise.

The pool and communal areas very nice. Staff extremely helpful and pleasant.
We ordered taxis,bikes, breakfast - all treated with swiftness and a smile.

There were some renovations going on throughout our stay - whilst no big deal and good for future travellers, the noise levels (whilst no way extreme) didn't suit the setting and therefore led us to spend our days away from the poolside.

Overall a very good stay in Samui. For the price I'd say this place is hard to beat. Way better than budget bungalows and a good shot at making cheaper accommodation feel like one of the big luxury resorts.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a good stay here at Sundays Sanctuary. The staff were very friendly and always happy to help us. The rooms were more than we expected for the price we paid. Te property is set in small tropical gardens and when sat out on the terrace in the evening, it was so tranquil and relaxing!!

The only negative from our stay was that the swimming pool was not totally full of water nor was it clean. When mentioned to the reception we were told that some works were about to be carried out on the hotel and that the pool was also having work done. Had we known about this prior to booking we may have looked elsewhere.

All in all we were happy with our stay there despite no pool to use.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank charlie D
Phuket, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've been to Sundays as someone booked it accidently for me, toilette and room facilities are very basic like a little home for low to medium rank person with aircon and hot shower. I stayed in room no. 11 and a few thing I cannot accept is
1. The picture frame over the bed head is shadow of a lady and a boy frpm the back side so it make me feel hooorful when looking at that so I keep the light turning on for whole stay (2 nights).
2. Lot of dog hairs falling on the sofa at the lobby where I having breakfast.
3. Limited choice for breakfast: just 3 choices (egg sandwich, cereal with yoghurt or toast with yam) with orange juice and coffee or tea

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at the Sunday for five days (November 2012). After a harrowing stay at Koh Phangan (long story), I wanted to go somewhere where there is modern civilisation but far from bustling Chaweng. The resort met all my expectation:

The Good: the resort is tranquil, surrounded by wooded area and just quiet. The pool is big and somewhat deep so perfect for swimming (although there are some broken tiles so you may want to watch out otherwise you'll get a cut) and cleaned daily. The room was spacious, with cable TV, good working A/C and spotlessly clean sheets. Shower was adequate (hot water not lukewarm) and can't say anything bad about the room. The staff was kind. I spent days either on the pool watching as the day went by or on the balcony. You can hear birds chirping and perfect peace.

The Not-so-Good: The resort didn't have a restaurant. They served breakfast but it had very limited selection, meaning I had to go out to forage food. At daytime, this was no problem, as the resort was on a well connected path to the main Ring Road, but after sunset, became a whole new story - the path was not lit... so it was a bit scary (being a solo traveller) after the dark. Wifi didn't work at the studios but it is serviceable in the restaurant area. If you do not have any mode for transport, going to be beach may mean approx 30 mins walk under blazing sun.

There wasn't anything bad about the resort, especially considering the price. If you are looking for a quiet time For me, I would consider staying at Sunday again.

Room Tip: Take a lantern the pathway from the restaurant to the hotel rooms can be quite dark.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

It's hard to give a rating for this resort, as the facilities and services are of varying degrees of goodness. The pool is great, the counter lady was a bit disinterested, the rooms - whilst big and spacious with a good bed the toilet had wall stains and appeared not too clean. Simple maintenace on small issues would make the resort so much more pleasant to stay in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chiang Rai, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I booked this place by accidentally found in Agoda website. At the beginning,I didn't expect to see such a lovely place like this place.I arrived late but staff was very helpful esp,her english is fluently.Nice swimming pool ,quiet ,greeny areas and clean bed that made me feel wonderful for spending 5days at The Sunday.This place could make everyone feel like living in a small oasis in Koh Samui:-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business