We stayed at the Saboey for 10 days, September 2013,The Saboey Resort is a peaceful and classy type place offering a relaxing and intimate holiday experience,lovely gardens and fish pools, right on the beach which was spotless,and a fab swimming pool.we were first in the deluxe room first then after a few days "Jon" the gm upgraded us to the The Ocean Room which was only a few steps from the beach, and the pool and the bar/dining area, and very quiet,both rooms were excellent,well furnished,always clean,beds made,fab views of the beach and the bay.
A special mention for"Belle" at Reception,and "Rat" in the dinning room , always smiling and always helpful,and full of information,which was great and Mr. Att at reception,again, full of information, helpful and informative,booked and printed out all our tickets free of charge.
The food was excellent,both at the buffet, and a la carte breakfast and the allday/ evening open aired dinning room next to the pool, fab food, fab curries and shell fish,couldnt get enough of them !!!!,first class as were the afternoon cookery classes,excellent value for money, worth every penny, 3 courses,thai menu,they were so good we went back the next next day and did another one!!!, so many thanks to the kitchen staff, especially "chef", and "little chef" who were excellent teachers togther with resort staff and management made the afternoons both fun and informative, well worth the cost.
The village is only a few mins walk away which was great, plenty of fresh fruit to buy, as well as fresh fish/seafood/meat etc in the local market,we bought loads of fresh fish/seafood and fruit daily , which was cooked by the chefs at the sabaoey (after asking jon the gm which he agreed he could do for for a small cost) which made the experience much better for us as wannabe foodies/chefs just to sample the local food, which was delicious.
just outside the resort there are plenty of cafes and places to eat both sides of the resort, all within walking distance,all are very reasonable, and the street venders are great as well , they are all the way into the village on the sides of the roads, and in the evenings after about 5pm they are all in the village square, from fruit,curries,sushi,soup,drinks etc, like a mini international food fayre, every day, fab.again, low cost and you could easily have a starter,main course and a dessert for less than a fiver for two of you.
we hired mopeds via the resort, again, had a good deal for the 10 days,traveled right round the island eventually,but if you want a quiet,picturesque ride, then travel to the west/south and north of the island, travel to the east of the island and you'll think you're in Blackpool/Benidorm, very touristy.great bars and pubs, clubs, and restaurants. but very busy much like Bangkok.
we really enjoyed our stay at this wonderful resort and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.can wait to go back to koh samui and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saboey is a beautiful, secluded resort, designed to maximize serenity, space and privacy. Nestled amidst lush tropical gardens and landscaped around a double-infinity freshwater pool and Jacuzzi, allowing stunning beach and sea views. A contemporary Asian design, offering 14 spacious villas and 6 suites. Saboey is an intimate retreat, with personalized and attentive service. Indulge with the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Saboey Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saboey Resort And Villas Hotel Bophut
- Saboey Hotel Bophut
- Saboey Resort Bophut
- Saboey Resort And Villas Ko Samui/Bophut