We only stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after booking it on the internet. The description of "suite" is very misleading - there is only the bedroom with a sofa and chair in it - not a separate room. The floor looks like unfinished concrete, it may be a style thing but was weird. The sheets had holes in them and had dried blood stains - ugh.
On seeing the bathroom we almost walked out - it's tiny and very basic. The toilet seat was very badly stained with years of use. Not a pleasant experience!! The shower was luke warm and not very powerful and had a hole in the wall to let in light with a metal mesh over it - anyone on the balcony next door could see in at night as there is no blind.
The hotel is on the main road, literally, with no drive. "Suites" are located above the reception and restaurant, right on the main road. There is a little balcony, the width of one person that looked over the kitchen and was totally open - no privacy from the other so-called suites' balconies.
Once you wander down to the pool/garden area things greatly improve. The bar area is smart as is the pool and sun loungers. Drinks are expensive but happy hour between 5 and 7pm gives 50% off. The villas looked nice and all had a good view of the beach/gardens which was right in front of the pool. We enjoyed drinks on the terrace watching the sun go down.
Both nights we ate at a restaurant just over the road called U2 Restaurant. Don't be deceived by its look - the food was fantastic and was amazing value. The owner was friendly and provided great service - we cannot recommend it highly enough for good Thai food. There was also a Seven Eleven across from the hotel.
Taxis to the airport are 350 Baht and Chaweng beach 400. They can charge the cost to your room.
Breakfast is basic with a choice of fruit, toast/pastries and cooked. The cooked selection consisted of bacon, hotdog sausages and 2 Thai dishes. There was also an egg station but the chef was rarely there so ask the waiter if you want something.
We wouldn't stay here again in a so-called "suite" but maybe in a villa if the price was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saboey is a beautiful, secluded resort, designed to maximize serenity, space and privacy. Nestled amidst lush tropical gardens and landscaped around a double-infinity freshwater pool and Jacuzzi, allowing stunning beach and sea views. A contemporary Asian design, offering 14 spacious villas and 6 suites. Saboey is an intimate retreat, with personalized and attentive service. Indulge with the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Saboey Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saboey Resort And Villas Hotel Bophut
- Saboey Hotel Bophut
- Saboey Resort Bophut
- Saboey Resort And Villas Ko Samui/Bophut