“SABOEY ROCKS!”

Saboey Resort and Villas
Ranked #42 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a wonderful resort made all the better by the wonderful staff, who are so accommodating. We were fortunate to be upgraded to the Beach Villa and it just made our trip. The room was large and spacious, The breakfast was good, we were pleaseantly surprised by the fresh fruit prior to receiving your breakfast but it was a lovely touch. The GM Jonathon was extremely helpful and went out of his way to assist you in any way he possibly could. We will be back. Plenty of little family run cafes with delicious food around the resort. I had the best Thai Beef Salad at the bar. Wonderful Place will be back

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Irene M

Reviewed July 23, 2012

On arrival we were booked in by a lovely polite receptionist who promptly dealt with us and showed us to our room that was going to our base for the next 14 days.
The staff at The Saboey were some of the nicest,polite people you could possibly meet,especially One and Fon who entertained us for the duration of our stay.
A conversation at the poolside with John the manager ,i said i room did not have the greatest of views over the kitchen,with that we were promptly offered another room with fantastic views looking over the garden looking out to sea.Getting out of bed to that view will be with us for a long time.John is making big improvents to this hotel and i can only sing his praises.
Breakfast was very relaxing listening to thai low level music in what is the restaurant,very enjoyable breakfasts.
Jacuzzi,infinity pool and directly onto small white sandy beach with palm trees,sounds great?? IT WAS!
Numerous bars and eating places within walking distance and very reasonable..Chewang has to be visited to see,but i still prefer to come back to Bophut.A good base to travel to and from as the Fishermans Village and Big Buddha are close by.Transport apart from taxi is cheap,you could even hire a scooter(not as scarey as you may think).
John and his staff will give you any amount of good advise to assist in you in enjoying your stay at Saboey,would recomend...Tony and Sue

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TONYANDSUE2402
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We booked for 5 nights at the hotel and as soon as we got there we wanted to leave. They were meant to pick us up from the airport, which they never did. The bed was like rocks. It gave me the worst back ache and we couldn't get more than 2-3 hours of sleep a night. The bathroom was filthy and disgusting. There was blood on the side of the wall which was absolutely disgusting. We decided to find another place after spending 2 horrific nights there. We booked it because of the reviews but we should have just booked some other place.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Mariola D
SaboeyManager, General Manager at Saboey Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

I would to say I am sorry to hear about Mariola 2 horrific nights here.Which I understand the reasons for her 2 horrific nights, where a hard bed and a dirty bathroom.

Beds are in Thailand generally quite hard,which suits most people.If it is too hard for guests, we have an under quilt to soften the bed and if the guest had spoken to us about a hard bed , my staff would have fitted it for her straight away.

As for the bathroom being filthy and disgusting,this is not possible,as all our bathrooms have been renovated and are checked by 1 staff and 1 manager before new guests checks in and by myself each week.If it was as the guest said,it is strange,she did not take the time to report this to my staff or myself.

As general Manager , I am in our breakfast restaurant ,six days a week to talk to the guests from 7 to 10am, to see if there are any problems and if there are, to get them fixed straight away,if possible.This guest never spoke to me about any problems during the stay .We also did not have any early check outs that month .

I am very proud of my resort and my staff,if things do go wrong,we fix them,if we make a mistake ,we are the first to admit it and try to fix it to the guest satisfaction. If the guest has any problem I am always at hand to assist them.But if a guest,does not even go to reception or to my staff to report this horrific problem ,it is impossible to assist them.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We arrived with 21 people for a wedding and Johnathon and his staff could not have been more helpful.
Great swimming pool with comfy recliners and enough for us all, romantic rooms, a fun bar and a lovely ambience.
Would definitely go back and stay at Saboey!!! Wish we were still there now.
Annie

Room Tip: Every room was lovely. We had the ocean front villa but our kids were more than happy in the cheaper...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank annie f
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife & I stayed here from 1st January until 4th January. The check-in was quick and easy. We reached late in the evening, we wanted to take drive around the island on our own. This was our first trip and first day on Thailand.
The staff was friendly and assisted us in getting a vehicle on rent and suggested us places to visit. I loved our room, it was big, quiet, away from the pool and rush. I think the resort was quiet because not too many rooms were occupied.
The beach was serene. The morning after we checked in, we went for a stroll on the beach, we didnt notice anyone on the entire strip, except for 2 kids playing from the next door resort.
This was what we really wanted, that is why we didnt take any resort on chaweng,
The fisherman's village is a close drive, they have some really good restaurants there. Chaweng is a bit far. It takes about 20 minutes to drive and reach green mango, that is where the parties are. I recommend taking a car on hire rather than a scooter and although your gps may show you shorter route from chaweng party street back to your hotel, go only through the main street as the shorter route doesnt have much lights and people on the street.
They have small library with good books and a great dvd collection incase you dont feel like going out.
We left kohsamui after 3 nights at saboey. Of all 10 nights spent in thailand, saboey was definitely our best hotel and if I ever get a chance to visit kohsamui again, I would still prefer to stay on bhoput beach and at saboey only!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The resort was really nice. I had gone to celebrate on year of married life.
The room given to me was a Ocean facing Villa with an excellent view and an even better interiors(specially the bed).
The only let down of the trip was the food. The breakfast is not that great and the menu needs an immediate overhaul. However, considering you are out most of the time visiting other islands around food wasn't a major let down.
All in all I would recommend the place.

Room Tip: Ocean facing
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here from the 1st June 2012 until the 12th June. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the two ocean villas. The accommodation was certainly up to our standard. We found all of the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The location was great for us, we wanted somewhere quiet, close to a good swimming beach and within walking distance of restaurants. We ate at Ban thai down the road a couple of times, very affiordable delicious Thai. We spent quite a bit of time lazing around the pool which we mostly had to ourselves as it was the quiet time. We utilised happy hour at the bar most afternoons as the cocktails are half price between 5 and 7pm. We did the Thai cooking course which was great, if you're considering doing this do not eat lunch as it is a huge amount of food. My only criticism of this would be I would have liked to make curry pastes and do a bit more from scratch, rather than have everything pre prepared. The lunches are good value, particularly the Thai lunch specials they offer each day. Jon was a very good host and provided us with lots of ideas to make the most of our time on Samui. Saboey provided us with the perfect holiday and we will certainly return. I really can't understand the bad reviews, some people must be very hard to please I guess.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Tokiyala04
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
The Waterfront
#74 of 185 in Bophut
The Kala Samui
The Kala Samui
#15 of 63 in Maret

Been to Saboey Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!