“Tranquil beachfront resort”

Ranked #43 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Ahmedabad
“Tranquil beachfront resort”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife & I stayed here from 1st January until 4th January. The check-in was quick and easy. We reached late in the evening, we wanted to take drive around the island on our own. This was our first trip and first day on Thailand.
The staff was friendly and assisted us in getting a vehicle on rent and suggested us places to visit. I loved our room, it was big, quiet, away from the pool and rush. I think the resort was quiet because not too many rooms were occupied.
The beach was serene. The morning after we checked in, we went for a stroll on the beach, we didnt notice anyone on the entire strip, except for 2 kids playing from the next door resort.
This was what we really wanted, that is why we didnt take any resort on chaweng,
The fisherman's village is a close drive, they have some really good restaurants there. Chaweng is a bit far. It takes about 20 minutes to drive and reach green mango, that is where the parties are. I recommend taking a car on hire rather than a scooter and although your gps may show you shorter route from chaweng party street back to your hotel, go only through the main street as the shorter route doesnt have much lights and people on the street.
They have small library with good books and a great dvd collection incase you dont feel like going out.
We left kohsamui after 3 nights at saboey. Of all 10 nights spent in thailand, saboey was definitely our best hotel and if I ever get a chance to visit kohsamui again, I would still prefer to stay on bhoput beach and at saboey only!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Mumbai
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The resort was really nice. I had gone to celebrate on year of married life.
The room given to me was a Ocean facing Villa with an excellent view and an even better interiors(specially the bed).
The only let down of the trip was the food. The breakfast is not that great and the menu needs an immediate overhaul. However, considering you are out most of the time visiting other islands around food wasn't a major let down.
All in all I would recommend the place.

Room Tip: Ocean facing
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here from the 1st June 2012 until the 12th June. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the two ocean villas. The accommodation was certainly up to our standard. We found all of the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The location was great for us, we wanted somewhere quiet, close to a good swimming beach and within walking distance of restaurants. We ate at Ban thai down the road a couple of times, very affiordable delicious Thai. We spent quite a bit of time lazing around the pool which we mostly had to ourselves as it was the quiet time. We utilised happy hour at the bar most afternoons as the cocktails are half price between 5 and 7pm. We did the Thai cooking course which was great, if you're considering doing this do not eat lunch as it is a huge amount of food. My only criticism of this would be I would have liked to make curry pastes and do a bit more from scratch, rather than have everything pre prepared. The lunches are good value, particularly the Thai lunch specials they offer each day. Jon was a very good host and provided us with lots of ideas to make the most of our time on Samui. Saboey provided us with the perfect holiday and we will certainly return. I really can't understand the bad reviews, some people must be very hard to please I guess.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Tokiyala04
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I originally only booked saboey as its close to the airport with free airport transfers, and also close to the pier for going over to Koh panyang/Koh Tao so just wanted something not too expensive and nice to stay over in and I Luved it, I really wish I stayed here for a week...
The first stay we were upgraded for free to a pool villa, which was gorgeous... Very clean, luvly bed:) the 2nd stay we had what I booked the suite rooms in the main building this was also really nice!
The pool was so nice, and the sun loungers probably the comfiest I went on the whole 3 weeks away, they have great pool/waiter service, bringing over beers/food etc, the food was great aswell... The pool is right on the beach with gorgeous views! And your not far away from chaweng or bohput village for going out for food, drinks etc...I would def stay here for longer next time :)

Room Tip: The sea view villa suites looked really nice although I didn't stay in these :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank missmerryweather87
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This place was great, we were staying here in mid May 2012 as part of a wedding party and couldn't have been happier. Everyone smiled and was very friendly and even though we were a group of about 20 people PLUS all the others staying there at the time, all the staff remembered our room numbers etc so was very hassle free. Food was good and John the owner was a god send. Very good knowledge of the area and was always willing to go out of his way to help us out with where to go and how to get there.

One last thing, while we were staying there, a big storm hit one night and we had a leak in the roof of our room through no fault of the owners (they had had builders fix it but they obviously didnt do a great job :P) when we notified them (about 2am) they kindly rushed up to make sure none of our belongings had been damaged and cleaned up the mess, even offering to move us straight into another room then and there. We decided to wait until the morning to do it so first thing after we were up in the morning they were all very helpful in moving us to another room which had an awesome beach view.

Way to go Saboey! making what could've been a real mess into something really hassle free.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Like most of the hotels in Thailand, the rooms power only works when the key is on a slot ont he wal...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Aaron C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We got a beach villa on the weekend of 19 - 21 May 2012; excellent views of the ocean coupled with a wonderful room and experience. It was also a special trip for us as I proposed to my partner while staying at this property, and the hotel management went out of their way to set up a beach pavilion and complimentary dinner for us... very thoughtful and excellent service! (Unfortunately we couldn't use the beach pavilion as there was a storm incoming, but that's a story for another day)

The only downside to this property is that the beach isn't too clean and the sand is not powdery soft, but that's to be expected of any property along the Big Buddha beach stretch. The nearby town made renting a motorcycle and lunch pretty convenient though, and I highly recommend the family run restaurant on the opposite side of the street. A completely satisfying meal at 300 baht, and that's tourist prices.

Room Tip: The beach villas are excellent and have a better view in my opinion than the penthouse suites.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris_Ng_HB
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My husband and I spent a very enjoyable week at Saboey. The very hospitable staff were ably led and encouraged by the obliging manager Jon Feaver. Our room was large and clean and the bed very comfortable.The breakfast was adequate, although not an extensive range. The facilities at the resort were very good, spa, pool, garden, bar and beach.
We found the location of the resort and villas to be very good, with a variety of restaurants and fine dining within either walking distance or short taxi trips. The glitz and bustle of Chaweng is only a10 minute taxi drive away from this peaceful resort. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jon E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
The Waterfront
Imperial Boat House Beach Resort
Prana Resort Nandana
Prana Resort Nandana
#11 of 186 in Bophut

Been to Saboey Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!