“Excellent Hotel”

Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed December 20, 2006

We have just returned from 8 nights at the Bo Phut Resort & Spa and can only give it an excellent review.

On arrival we were upgrade to a junior suite with ocean view and made very welcome by the staff.

The hotel is a nice size and was about half full during our stay, which ment we had the pick of the sun beds and lots of staff at hand when required.

The hotels restaurants were pleasant with good food and very reasonable prices. At around 400 baht the breakfast buffet was excellent value.

We did eat in our room on a number of occassion, from the room service menu, which again was excellent value and good food.

The hotel is well placed on Bo Phut beach, in the middle, which ment you could walk to the local bars and restaurants in fishermans village within five minutes.

I have read other reviews before going and was a little worried about the sand on the beach being too course, however, I don't this is worth mentioning, I thought the sand was okay.

We did explore most other beaches and hotels on Koh Samui and thought Bo Phut beach had everything without being overcrowded.

We did plan to stop at Poppies on Chaweng Beach and looked at the Sala Samui hotel but can only say that we made the right choice with Bo Phut.

Chaweng beach was very busy and mainly catered for the male clientelle and back-packers. Okay for a bunch of lads looking for a good time. (Nice to visit but not to stay).

I think the others reviews covered most things about this resort and can only concur with all the good things said.

The only downside to Koh Samui, which I suspect can be said with all the resorts in Thailand, there is a lot of poverty outside the hotels and the facilities / infrastructure is no where near western standards.

There are a lot of stray dogs and cats roaming the streets and although they didn't cause harm it was a little upsetting to see.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Fletch2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,670)

Reviewed December 20, 2006

What a brilliant place. We stayed 2 weeks & would happily have stayed for ever! Absolutely stunning hotel. We had a garden apartment which was so spacious & beautifully decorated. The staff were fabulous - I've never met such friendly people; always eager to please & make sure you're happy without being in your face. We had fresh fruit in the room every day & one day, one of the gardeners presented me with a beautiful flower to put in the room. Every evening while we were out they came in, tidied up a bit & turned the bed down & left fresh chilled water.
The pool area was great - lots of sunbeds, umbrellas & staff to bring drinks. The beach was nice too although the sand's a bit gritty; we bought food from them beach vendors most days for lunch - try the lady barbecueing the sweetcorn & the fresh pineapple - never tasted anything like it!
We used the Sala Thai restaurant several times which was lovely, if a bit on the pricey side compared to the restaurants down the road in Bo Phut village (which were all excellent). The gardens surrounding the rooms were beautifully maintained too; every night you could smell the frangipani & other flowers & hear the frogs croaking away - idyllic!
We used the spa for a honey milk bath & massage which was fab.
I could happily go back & spend a month in Ko Samui; fantastic hotel & island.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jo N
Reviewed December 9, 2006

On the 4th November my partner and I returned having 3 weeks at the Bo Phut resort.
Leading up to our day of departure I spent time reading through the reviews of this hoteland couldnt wait to get there and I was not disappointed with the hotel.
We had attempted to book a pool villa but they were all booked for the duration of the stay, and now i know exactly why. If you are visiting this resort and can afford to spend a little extra on a Pool villa do so, they are extremely luxurious.
On our arrival we were upgraded to a garden Villa, that certainly had the wow factor.
The staff were very welcoming and attentive and couldnt do enough for you especially Mr Nirwat, Kate and Jah.
THe Sala Thai I've read that some have descibed it as very expensive, yes you do pay a bit more however you get what you pay for the food and service was second to none.
I was disappointed with Fishermans Village maybe it was because it was nearing the end of the season and the chioce was limited. I was looking forward to visiting the rib shack but found that this was closed for refurbishment.
Whilst at the Bo phut we went to the Santaburi Beach resort to have a look around. I found it too big and i couldnt wait to get back to the family feel of the Bo phut.
i thoroughly enjoyed the three weeks and would recommend it to close friends and family

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Dozzy
Reviewed November 5, 2006

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Bo Phut and didn't want to leave. For a high end resort it was extremely friendly, welcoming, chilled out and not pretentious at all. I've stayed at some really amazing resorts and this would have to be my favourite overall.

The staff were a delight to talk to and provided great travel advice. The rooms were beautifully kept. The gardens were spectacular and the pool was great!

It's true about the sand at Bo Phut being a bit grainy, however it didn't bother us. It was very clean and made a great exfoliate! :-)

When I’m stressed out at the office... I take my mind back to the very lovely Bo Phut resort. We'll definitely go back there one day soon - I HOPE!

Book via Asia Rooms for the best deals available. We got our room for just under $200AU per night.

If you want something extra special then say that you're on your honeymoon and your room will be decorated in flowers.

The staff do an amazing job to ensure that you have a relaxed and wonderful stay. It's the extra little special things they do which make it very worthwhile. We were very grateful for our time with them.

Sala Samui is also worth a visit and extremely popular, however i would choose Bo Phut over Sala any day! Sala is very spectacular and well worth a visit to view the design of the hotel and their amazing pool, however it lacked the warmth of Bo Phut. The staff were up themselves. The food was overpriced and not all that good. Originally we had planned to go to Sala but it was totally booked out for months in advance.

For anyone going to Bo Phut... i'm jealous. Have a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
15  Thank JRJC
Reviewed October 31, 2006

We had an amazing stay at this hotel. everything was perfect, the staf was very friendly and the service was great. We would deffinetly stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank Tessa_123
Reviewed October 23, 2006

The resort all round is a great place to stay and covers off most areas for a perfect holiday experience. The architecture is modern but at the same time maintains a traditional Thai atmosphere. We stayed with our one-year-old child and found the resort to be very accommodating and the staff were always very friendly and couldn’t do enough for you. The villas are large and great if you are staying with a young family especially within good proximity to the pool and beach (although sand is coarse and soft and is not pram friendly at all)

The location of Bo Phut is ideal for a more relaxed setting close to the Fisherman's Village and only a short taxi to Chaweng, which is the busy, main drag in Koh Samui.

I must admit we found the food in the main restaurant to be below 5 star expectations and because breakfast was not included in our accom we had the choice of eating next door at the Anantara Resort, which had a fantastic breakfast buffet (and there are more affordable choices in the Village although very basic). Dinner at their Sala Thai restaurant was great. Pool service could also do with some improvement.

I think overall the small touches made this resort a lovely experience with fresh flowers and fruit in the room every day, beautiful candles & lights in the garden at night, turn down service, a fantastic spa facility, very friendly staff (you wont find this at all of the 5 star resorts) and within walking distance to either casual food (Cactus which is on the beach) and resort style dining (Anantara, Zazen Resorts) or a short taxi to Chaweng (East Sense & Poppies restaurants) - there is lots of choice for eating out. I think the Bo Phut area is the better spot on Koh Samui to stay and I would highly recommend this resort or the Anantara next door.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
8  Thank massie
Reviewed October 18, 2006

It was our honeymoon!!! It was very nice staying 5 night's at the Bophut Resort. We liked a lot the arriving, and all personal treatment. The dinner at beach was also very nice. We recieved special treatment because it was our honeymoon. The front beach, every day was cleaned. We highly recomend for a romantic stay....

• Stayed: September 2006
8  Thank Alberto_Taboada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Poppies Samui
#2 of 104 in Chaweng
Sea Dance Resort
Sea Dance Resort
#2 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Bo Phut Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!