“A must stay at this resort”

Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Sunshine Coast
“A must stay at this resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was our first holiday to Koh Samui so I did my research for 4-5 star beachfront resorts before booking and it was better than any of us expected. . We booked two Garden Villas as we were travelling with friends and asked to be accommodated next to each other. The villas were very big, with huge beds and large open bathrooms. It also included a small sitting area.The villas were traditional Thai but light and modern. All in all, we were very impressed. In our opinion, we thought our two villas were the best as far as being ideally located near the pool, restaurant and beach but still with plenty of privacy. Our housekeeper, Mrs. Saw was friendly and helpful, bringing in fresh fruit and keeping our rooms immaculate. The towels were snow white and thick and were replaced everyday. Take advantage of the free "jetlag" massage available, it is well worth it..
We attended the Management cocktail evening which was very hospitable and welcoming. The Hotel restaurant although nice, was very expensive and we only ate there on one occasion. This was probably the reason why it was rarely full. Breakfast was amazing. Plenty of choices and in abundance and we had a choice of eating inside or outside both with beach and pool views. Plenty of sun lounges available either on the beach or next to the pool and there was no problem ever getting four together. As far as service goes, this is the best we have ever received in Thailand. The reception staff speak English very well. We had booked out of the resort and three days later were having lunch in the Capital when four of the resort staff passed our table, recognised us and stopped to chat!.
The location of the resort is good. An easy 10 minute walk along the road, (although you have to know where to cut through if the market is closed) or a slower walk along the beach. There are a number of restaurants and bars in this area and the choices are varied. Check out the Aussie Bar, it has a great atmosphere and good food. The beach is gritty compared to Chaweng Beach but still walkable and being a beachfront resort was perfect for us. We highly recommend this resort for service and 5 star treatment. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Villas 200 or 201
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank LorryPomona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Scouser in Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We we’re recommended the Bo Phut Resort & Spa by the rep at Trailfinders and prior to booking I read the reviews on here. We stayed here from the 16th to the 26th June.

There isn’t much I can add to the majority of the reviews that most have given but I’ll try. All I can say is from getting picked up at the airport to getting dropped off after the end of our 11 day stay, the whole experience was fantastic.

We we’re greeted by staff at the entrance to the hotel with a bracelet thing made of flowers, a cold flannel and a wonderful lemongrass cooling drink. Check in was very easy and a very polite lad bought our luggage to the room. The guy that checked us in took us to our room and showed us how to use various things in the room. We had been upgraded to a Garden Villa and stayed in room 204.

The villa was very nice, but and it is a small but, could’ve done with a little tidying up in the shower area. I guess this would be the difference between a 4 & 5 star.

Some have complained about the air-conditioning being too loud and yes ours was just noticeable but it was either that or the extreme heat.

The bed was very comfy, and we felt very at home. We had fresh fruit and water every day and the turndown service which included a very nice incense burner was a very nice addition.
The choice on the TV channels was poor and we had hoped for an Ipod Dock of some description but all we had was an old midi hifi.

We ate in the beach restaurant once, and although the food and service were fantastic, but it was a little pricey. The main restaurant was even more expensive and we did not eat there. And this was the reason that it was maybe 15% full when we we’re there. The highlight of the day is happy hour at the beach restaurant between 4 & 6pm when cocktails are half price.

Some have complained about the process of getting a sun lounger. But we found it very very easy.
Breakfast was really good.
Location of the hotel is also good, a 10 minute walk from Fishermans Village.
Please check out Cafe 69 opposite the Fishermans Village sign, it’s fantastic.
We would definitely book this hotel again.

1 Thank P4ula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was our third visit in 3 years, which speaks for itself. We absolutely love the hotel and will defiinately stay again..
When we arrived we were greeted at the hotels entrance by 5 smiling staff welcoming us back and presenting us with bouquets of flowers. As returning guests, we were upgraded to garden villas which are huge and have everything you could wish for.The rooms are spotlessly clean, the bath towels are large and fluffy, and there was a turn down service every night. However, the main reason why we keep returning to this hotel, are the staff. They are ALL helpful, always smiling and nothing is ever too much trouble A special mention to all of the pool
and restaurantl staff, Tik and Natty on reception, and Tanya at the spa.
If there is one thing I would change at the hotel, it would be more variety at breakfast. They provide a very good breakfast but perhaps different fruit, pastries etc could be offered.
We will be back- a perfect home from home! The Barnards.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chloeann22
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have just returned from 10 nights at the resort. The first three in a Garden Villa which was lovely, lots of room and lovely bathroom. Only thing I didn't like was the two beds pushed together, it's impossible and painful to sleep in the middle on the gap. We then upgraded outselves to a Premier Pool Villa for 7 nights. Amazing! Even more room and a fabulous very private pool area. Breakfast was lovely, anyone complaining about lack of variety must be very hard to please, juices, fruit, pastries, fabulous bread (real bread that you slice yourself), egg station, a daily noodle soup, smoked salmon etc. Tables outside overlooking the beach, or inside. Lovely sun lounges on the beach or by the pool. We chose the beach before we had our own pool. Locals cook corn and sates and slice fruit on the beach for you. Watch out for the sea lice in the ocean, only an issue if you're swimming laps and in there for more than 10 minutes. Gorgeous hotel, great staff, fabulous manager Mr Nick. 5 minute walk to Fishermans Village along the beach or 10 min along the walkway - great restaurants on the beach in the sand. We went to The Address 3 times and had beautiful whole bbq white snapper, bbq prawns and lobster. Definitely go to the Walking Market on Friday night, we ate off the street and the food was great, as were the Mojitos! Can't wait to go back, it's a gorgeous hotel.

Room Tip: The garden villa was lovely but the premier pool villa was incredible. Make sure you take aerogard...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna F
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I chose to stay here to celebrate our recent 40th wedding anniversary - and could not have chosen a more perfect venue. Many reviews have commented on the surroundings,quality of accomodation,service levels, and friendliness of the staff. All I can do here is to echo such comments, as I wish to add another, different form of testimony to illustrate just how exceptional the management and staff really are.
Namely, two days before we were due to end our holiday,I had an accident, this resulting in a multiple fracture of my spine.
Obviously this resulted in my hospitalisation, ultimately this being for three weeks at the Bangkok Samui Hospital.
On no less than 6 occasions during this period,various staff of the Bo Phut Resort and Spa visited me in hospital, (this being located some 20 minutes away from the resort).
On each occasion I was presented with either beautiful flower arrangements, arrays of fresh fruit, or, on one occasion,even freshly cooked Pad Thai.
Additionally, and as my wife visited me at least once a day, the hotel management organised private transport to and from the resort to the hospital.
Whilst I was hospitalised, the staff at the resort could not have looked after my wife more. Her every need was catered for, with each and every member of staff showing, and proving, genuine concern for our joint well being.
Upon my return to the resort from hospital, I was somewhat restricted from a mobility point of view - but such a restriction was minimalised by the provision of a wheelchair,and,more often than not, a member of staff to assist me in moving around the resort.
Resultantly, my wife and I made many friends with the staff, and our thanks must go to so many people, and in particular the following;

Nick (the Front of House Manager),Here was a man who,because he was involved in a business meeting in Phuket, on the day of my eventual departure,made time to call me,to ensure that all was in order, that I was fit to travel,and to wish me a safe and comfortable return to the U.K.

Sak (who looked after our every need around the poolside area),

Aom & Toom (who cheered me up so much with their visits to my hospital room),

Eak (who looked after us many times at L'Ocean, and catered for my wife so well),Tan,Nok,Na,Bus, Roon(another frequent visitor to my hospital room), and, of course, Duang - someone who typified the very essence of what the Bo Phut Resort and Spa stands for - friendliness, care,attention to detail, and, above all,immaculate service.

Not surprisingly,my wife and I would recommend the Bo Phut Spa and Resort to anyone. It is a byword for peace,tranquility,friendliness, location (of which this report deserves a separate mention), but above all, such levels of service that I have never experienced in all my many years of, fortunately,worldwide travel....

4 Thank Shillingstone
Bicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Bo Phut Resort & Spa as the first stop on our honeymoon. We had originally booked a room with a jacuzzi and were informed on check in that we had a "double upgrade" to a villa with a plunge pool. The villa was beautiful, with an amazing bathroom, four poster bed and seating area. When we arrived there were flower petals throughout the villa and we spent probably the first 10 minutes just taking photos!

Check in was efficient and we received a voucher for a complimentary jet lag massage, which we immediately booked! It's a very clever marketing technique as we then realised how lovely their massages were and decided to book more!! We were shown to our room by the helpful receptionist and all aspects of the room were explained to us, including the fact that the soft toy monkey was ours to keep!

The villas are cleverly designed so that you have complete privacy and you are in no way over looked!

Breakfast every morning was plentiful, if a little warm, although the staff always did their best to ensure a fan was pointed in our direction. There was plenty to choose from and we liked the little touches lie the yoghurty shots!

As well as the spa, we made use of the DVD library and the pool. We never had to fight for a sun lounger around the pool and the pool boys were on hand to move sun loungers and umbrellas and provide towels. It was a nice little touch when they brought frozen flannels and pieces of fruit out to us whilst we were sat by the pool.

There were a variety of activities available to hotel guests - the only one we took advantage of was a 3 hour trip to the Big Budda and a number of other popular destinations, including the grandmother and grandfather rock.

Location wise, Fishermans Village was a 10 minute walk, which we preferred to get to by walking on the road during the day and along the sand of an evening. During the day the sand was just too hot to walk on!

The staff were all very helpful and it was the perfect start to our honeymoon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CWJ-CPC
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I don't have a bad word to say about this place, it is simply perfect.
Visually, it is stunning and so private and quiet with the well maintained gardens and beautiful flowers everywhere. There are so many little touches around the communal areas with flower displays creating beautiful smells everywhere you go.
We had a garden villa which was beautiful. A huge four poster bed, loads of room to relax, a gorgeous bathroom and all the amenities you need. The turndown service was exquisite with the evening service preparing the room for the night and lighting an oil burner so the room was filled with a glorious smell when you returned from the evening meal.
The pool area was lovely with the option of lounging by the pool or down on the beach. The pool itself was clean with a relaxing bubble area as well as a pool big enough to do a little swimming if you felt the need!
The beach at Bo Phut isn't as nice as others on the island, Chaweng has a much softer sand, but it is clean and is lovely for walking along towards Fisherman's Village for some lunch/dinner.
The staff are wonderful as well. So friendly and happy to help and the restaurants are great. There is a Thai restaurant and a restaurant by the pool which also has evenings where you can eat on the beach or this can be booked for an individual table on the beach although this was quite expensive so we didn't do it but it looked lovely. The restaurant by the pool does a mixed Thai/Western menu and the Western food is very good, also the cocktails are the best I tasted on the island.
The location is perfect, just a short 15 minute walk along the beach to the Fisherman's Village which is a lovely little town. Lots of restaurants and bars and little boutique shops with a brilliant Friday night market when you can eat street food until you're stuffed!! The village is small and more traditional, not tacky like so many other places on the island.
For food, if you don't fancy walking along to the village, there is a superb restaurant directly opposite the main entrance of the resort. It's a small Thai place and doesn't look like much from the outside but is the best food I had on Koh Samui. You can lounge in a private little hut on futon's with the world bustling by and the food is delicious and incredibly reasonably priced unlike so many restaurants along the beach front. Whether for lunch or dinner, this place is a must!
I can't praise the resort highly enough, it was the perfect place to enjoy a wonderful holiday. Thank you Bo Phut Resort!

Room Tip: We had a free upgrade to a garden villa. Gorgeous and I would recommend over the basic room as there...
1 Thank ebarbs14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Poppies Samui
The Tongsai Bay
The Tongsai Bay
#6 of 187 in Bophut
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,815 reviews

Been to Bo Phut Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!