Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Peace Resort(Bophut)
  • Breakfast included
1,721 results
All reviewsgarden villathai restaurantfisherman's villagejet lag massageocean restaurantour honeymoonflower garlandskoh samuilily pondoutdoor jacuzzicold towelsdim sumturn down servicefresh fruitwalk along the beachpool staffcoarse sand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for a week in October and we had a great time. We booked the cheapest room which was still really big and nicely decorated.

When we arrived at the airport the hotel car was waiting to pick us up and take us to the hotel. We were greeted with hand garlands and given a welcome drink on check in. we were also offered a free 15 minute massage which was booked for a couple of hours later. We were shown around our room by one of the hotel staff, a lady named Toom who was very informative and helpful.

The location of the hotel is great, it is a 10 minute walk from fishermans village and right across the road from the hotel are a few massage places and a laundry place and a supermarket/pharmacy. There are also a couple italian restaurants - we wanted to try Terrazzo but didnt get a chance but went to the other little italian which is across the road from Bo Phut just on the way to Fisherman's village. Can't remember what it was called but the pizza we ordered took agesssss to come but when it came it was actually amazing! :)

The room was lovely, and decorated nicely with swan shaped towels and flower petals in the bath and we even got a little anniversary cake. We ate some of the cake on arrival but obviously as it was a full cake and there was only 2 of us we kept the rest to eat over the next couple of days. However, when the room was cleaned the next morning, we noticed that the cake had also been taken away. this was a bit annoying and rather thoughtless, I think, not to mention a waste as I'm sure the cake would have just been thrown away.

It felt like the room we had been given was the one with the worst view as it was in the corner and we had to sort of look to the left to be able to see the garden and directly in front of us was a dirty path and a building so most of our view was of the roof of this building. Didn't detract too much from our stay as we spent most of the time by the pool and out and about, but if we had a better view we would have liked to spend a bit more time sitting on the terrace.

A couple of other very minor negatives about the room – there wasn’t much space around the sinks to put toiletries, so we ended up having a huge mess around the sinks area every day, and also the toiletries they provided were tied in bags with a straw-like string which was extremely difficult to open – every day I had to fiddle with the strings for ages! Also, the bed is massive – really, really MASSIVE. We actually realised it was 2 double beds pushed together. Although it wasn’t a problem for us, we didn’t need SUCH a big bed and it probably would be nice to just have a king size bed and then there might be space for a little sofa or table and chairs, or even just to have a bit more space around the room.

The pool area was lovely, we managed to get a sunbed every day even though we came down around 10ish. The pool was a good size for the amount of people – there were only ever 5/6 people in it at a time. They also offered inflatable toys and balls to play with which was nice. The hotel had a happy hour from 12-1.30 and 4.30-6 so we could get drinks by the pool at half price. However, the service was a bit erratic and it was difficult to always find someone to take our order or bring us a drinks menu.

The breakfast was lovely and extensive – lots of fruit, breads, muffins, fresh eggs cooked to order, potatoes, beans, tomatoes, pancakes, salad, noodles station – and that was just the vegetarian selection. The juices tasted a bit weird though!

We were able to borrow dvds to watch in the room which was nice. We also hired a car for a day through the hotel which was good. The hotel provided some activites for free which I think was a really nice touch. We were able to borrow the kayak for free and do some kayaking near the shore. We also tried to take a windsurfing lesson (but the sail was too heavy for me), and we learnt some fruit carving. We would have liked to do more of the activites but didn’t have enough time.

Food in the Poolside restaurant was quite expensive compared to places in Fishermans village but it is a 5 star hotel so I guess it is to be expected. We ate in the restaurant only one night and the food was nice. They had a thai dance show on that night, which was ok.

The beach isn’t the greatest to walk on but we still took a couple of walks on the beach. We tended to walk along the road to fisherman’s village as it was easier. The mosquitos were annoying – I got bitten a couple of times so I had to make sure I doused myself in deet every single time I went out (I am allergic to the bites).

Our room was cleaned twice a day which was nice, and every evening a little flower decoration was left on our pillow. The staff were all very helpful and tried to help out with whatever they could, although we did find that most of them often didn’t clearly understand what we were asking, or that we sometimes couldn’t understand what they were explaining to us, not that it caused much of a problem.

I loved staying at the Bo Phut resort and wouldn’t hesistate to return tomorrow – however, I would say that I think Bophut and Fisherman’s village on the whole was a little quiet for us with not enough choice for restaurants (they were mainly all fairly expensive formal dinner places – not really any cafes or casual eating places), so we may be inclined to try another area with a better beach.

6  Thank Londongirl789
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Firstly upon arrival the staff could not be more helpful if they tried.
Greeted with bellboys, drinks and more staff than you could shake a stick at. That being siad, it was low season so it may differ from the summer.
There were always 3-4 staff available in the reception area and the poolside/restaurant areas at all times.

The room we had was very nice, not the biggest room but big enough, TV with limited channels, some sports channels, a music channel but 2 good movie channels and a dvd player. We had a bath/jakuzzi outside on the balcony, which was lovely.
Also a nice stitting area as well looking out onto the lovely garden/pond area which was really nice.
The rooms get cleaned everyday and the bed turned over at nights is a nice gesture. Plenty of water available in the rooms, which you will need. Even in October/start of rainy season it was warm indeed.
WiFi galore, there must be something like 5 different router covering the complex so you didn't struggle to get a signal anywhere, which was nice. So you can just sit by the pool and check your emails or surf the net, I thought that made a difference to me.
Hotel has its own spa, which was very good and relaxing. It also has a gym which looks good but I don't see the gym as a holiday activity. There's a library area with 3 PC's to check your emails and print off your boarding passes etc. Also has lots of magazines and books to help yourself too.
Food was very good, and the service was brilliant. Buffet breakfast was good Id say, noodles, dim sum, loat, breads, cereals, loads of different juices, omletes to order and/or fries eggs. Bacon, croissants, beans, eggy bread and a few other things. Good choice I thought.

As it was quiet season there were very little guests hanging around later on so the hotel was dead from 10 at night, but it was mostly older couples and or honeymooners I think.
A few families here, but not too many kids.
Transport was easy, 300 Bat (6 pounds) to most areas within the island. If your young and looking for pubs ect, I recommend going to Cheweng, especially the Ark bar, its bouncing later on. Plenty nice restaurants here to choose from and even a Burger king or McDonald's if you get desperate.
The fisherman's village is 5 minutes walk away and is the only real place to go in Bo Phut for food and bars. I recommend The Shack, for a beautiful steak, one of the best Ive ever had. Also some other nice restaurants in the village real aswell. On the fiday see's the area especially busy with a local market taking up most the area, lots of watches, shades, clothes and interesting food stalls aswell. Worth a look.

Things to do in the area, well there are the usual trips, Elephant riding 1/2 day was good, a boat trip around the island also good. There is a aqua park tour but I never did it.
A few close by shopping centers which have the usual things, shooting range, which I loved, driving range near by. A golf course or even crazy gold which we did. Was okay, a bit out of the way. Golf international it was called.

Definitely a quiet holiday resort, but good fun all the same.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and looking around at all the others, I would say its most likely one of the best.

Room Tip: The rooms by the garden/pond area can be noisy if you are a light sleeper. There was a nice vocal frog (I think his name was Kermit) outside making a noise which you will become familiar with during the holiday. As they sell these wooden versions, which I didn't realize until Id heard the noise, but the actually should the same. You'll understand when you go out and about. But it wasn't overly annoying, depends how light a sleeper you are.
5  Thank cowie666
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed 6 nights at this hotel, booked early on their website and was upgraded to a garden villa, which was huge, lovely big bathroom with bath and walk in shower, the bedroom was very large with twin beds and a separate sitting area.

the gardens are immaculate, and the whole resort is spotless, the staff are always cleaning and gardening!

The pool staff are very helpful, always found a lounger on beach or poolside for me and always had time for a chat, the pool was a nice size with a little pool for babies/children

buffet breakfast, a wide choice of dishes something for everyone,I had a table overlooking the sea watching the local fisherman with their nets, watching the day start.

I used the spa 3 times, was really nice and quite good value compared to the UK prices I pay, ask for Bam she is excellent.

The hotel provide a complimentary transfer to and from the airport, you are met at the airport by the driver, and when you arrive to check in, you are given a cold drink and cold towels to freshen up with.

Lots of nice touches at this hotel, fruit and water provided in the rooms daily, if you needed a cold towel in restaurant you only had to ask or in my case they just appeared!

All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful, the hotel is in a great position on the beach , only a 5/10 min walk to fisherman village, the beach was clean and the sean calm and warm to swim in.

I would recommend this hotel for a nice relaxing beach holiday, in beautiful surroundings and lovely staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank seska1
Reviewed October 16, 2012

You will certainly not be dissapointed if you stay here. Conveniently located a 10 minute walk from the delightful Fishermans village where there are plenty of restaurants and chilled bars to suit all tastes, the Bo Phut Resort is the perfect base for a chilled holiday.

The staff take extra care to make the grounds spotlessly clean, the rooms are spacious and immaculately clean, the breakfast is always spot on with plenty of choice and the pool has great views across the sea.

Yes the beach is not the best on the island but has a lively chilled vibe and you will not get hagglers pestering you every minute. Try the massages to the left of the hotel along the beach, divine!!

Fishermans village is the perfect base for your holiday. Try the coconut bar for drinks under the stars on beanbags and be sure to try the steak house, expensive but well worth it!!

Overall the Bo Phut resort is a great hotel and in my view, having been lucky enough to stay in some of the best 5 stars on the world, is well up there in my top places to stay. Having looked at the Hansar we were very happy with our choice, the Hansar does not look half as nice and looks very impersonal....do go there for cocktail hour though!!

We travelled in September and although overcast, the weather was perfect. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank hstockton
Reviewed October 16, 2012

we stayed in the Bo Phut last year and decided to return again as we loved the place. Just back after 7 nights and it lived up to all our expectations, sometimes going back to the same place is not quiet the same but not here. The location is fantastic, quiet but just a few minutes from fishermens village where there are some really good restaurants, although the food in the hotel is excellent. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are of the highest standard and good value compared to home, all though a little more expensive than local spots. All of the staff are really pleasant, very helpful and make you so welcome. The bedrooms are spacious, well laid out and very comfortable. The grounds are simply beautiful and very well maintained. If you are thinking of going to Ko Samui don't pass on staying a few nights here, you will not regret it! It really is a fantastic hotel in a stunning location with wonderful staff,J and M.

2  Thank joe o