Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Leighann L

Perfect choice ~ Bo Phut Resort

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 19, 2011
After travelling in China & Hong Kong for 16 days we spent 5 wonderful nights at Bo Phut Resort. We chose a Beachfront Villa -- lovely. Two restaurants on property were great -- Ocean Restaurant (one night they set everything up in the sand on the beach -- gorgeous)
and Thai Restaurant. Pool and beach are perfect. We walked to Fishermans Village -- glad we weren't staying there...we were unimpressed. Bo Phut is gorgeous, small resort with 5 star service. We travel a lot and have high expectations -- Bo Phut was a perfect choice for us. My husband had a massage or 2 at the spa -- I did cooking class with the Thai Chef! Big fun! We could not have chosen a better place! Loved it!
Date of stay: May 2011
Room Tip: Stayed 5 nts so we got discount for best room.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.7 miles from Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Pool
View more hotels in Bophut
2,228 results
All reviews garden villa thai restaurant fisherman's village our honeymoon koh samui turn down service fresh fruit pool staff four poster bed bars and restaurants huge bed every evening amazing hotel overlooking the beach bophut beach egg station welcome drink
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My new husband and I stayed ay the Bo Phut Resort and Spa for 10 nights after a 3 night stay at the Hilton in Bangkok.
Our first attempt to get to Samui was thwarted by the weather and after 3 attempted landings the plane had to return to Bangkok. Then followed a sleepless night due to little communication from Thai Airways about what time flight we would be on the following day and a promised phone call to give us enough time to prepare never arrived!
Anyway by the time we landed in Samui we were a exhausted and stressed and just wanted to get to the hotel, as we pulled up we both felt all the stress just melt away!
The reception area it really lovely and the ladies who work in guest services are truely some of the most helpful and warm I have ever met.
We were upgraded to a room with pool and sea view and as we walked through the lush gardens we felt transported to our own little paradise. All the rooms seem really secluded and private which was just what we were looking for.
Our room was stunning and as it was our honeymoon we had been provided with a bowl of fruit, a decorated cake and a bottle of red wine which incidentally was the same as the wine we searved at our wedding.
The room was clean and had everything in it that we could need, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was stunning.
We had a small issue with our aircon unit but this was swiftly fixed and the hotel were extremely apologetic.
The turn down survice each night was fantasitcand the little lemon scented oil burner left in the bathroom was a nice touch.
The weather however could not be controlled by the hotel though they still apologised every day for it! The recption area has a great supply og DVD's so we took full advantage ot this on the 3 days where it rained constantly!
Due to the weather we ate a few times in the main restaurant and we also ate at the Sala Thai, all the meals here were amazing.
Fishermans village is well worth the few minutes walk and there is a street maket 1 evening a week (check with the hotel for which night) whcih has all different kinds of food and dancing men making Mojitos.
we spent a few evenings drinking Singha beer in the australian bar in the village and we would highly recommend.
If like me you are a very tasty meal for the mozzies, go to the chemist and get some Tiger balm! Nothing worked as well for me as this.
One final point is to make sure you get some lunch from the girls on the beach, its cheap and tasty and every thing you need!

All in all a great honeymoon and a great hotel!

Date of stay: December 2010
6  Thank becksg
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We got married here in April and cannot praise the hotel and staff enough for the wonderful job that they did. We were a small party of 6 people and all of us felt that the day went perfectly.

We chose the Sala Thai venue for our ceremony as it felt more private than the others and we weren't disappointed. The area was decorated wonderfully, the colours were matched perfectly and the attention to detail was superb. The flowers were simply stunning and many of the guests at the hotel commented on how beautiful they were.

I would definitely recommend the traditional thai style ceremony as we felt it gave something a little more special than the western style. We started our day with a wonderful spa package at the hotel spa. Over 2hrs of pampering which included a body scrub and massage left us feeling totally relaxed and did away with any pre-wedding nerves!
I arranged for hair and makeup to be done through the hotel and had a very lovely lady come to my room to get me ready. I was generally pleased with the job that she did but will say that my hair didn't really look like the picture I had given her. I had anticipated this though and it's one of those things that you have to accept when marrying abroad. Another thing to note, which I hadn't appreciated before, is that white skin particularly has so many shades (especially when tanned or burnt) that it can be difficult for makeup artists to match foundation etc. I didn't have a problem in this respect but it's something to bear in mind. I also took all of my own makeup just in case and my eyebrow pencil came in very handy! Overall, she did a lovely job though.
Our ceremony started at around 5pm with a long drum parade, which started at the lobby area and walked us all around the hotel grounds before ending at the Sala Thai venue, where the monks sat waiting for us. We were guided through the ceremony and one of the monks spoke a little english so he told us what each part symbolised which was really nice.
After the ceremony, our photographer (organised by the hotel as part of our package) took a good number of photo's both in the garden areas and on the beach. As we were a small group the focus was very much on the two of us which was really nice and felt a bit more relaxed. He managed to capture some really good natural shots of us as well as the posed photo's. We also chose to exchange rings, which doesn't form part of the thai ceremony, and this was done on the beach during the photo session, as was the planting of our 'love' tree. Once again, attention to detail was evident as the sand around the planting area had been shaped into a heart and sprinkled with flower petals which was really sweet.
We chose a set thai menu for our reception but didn't elect to have any sort of music or party as there were only 6 of us. The staff did a fab job of setting the table and as the Ocean restaurant isn't particularly busy in the evenings we felt as though we had a private venue on the beach. The food was delicious and the staff didn't rush us but spaced everything out so that it lasted all evening.
The wedding cake was beautiful and once again was colour co-ordinated to the wedding attire. As we were a little full (and had already had some of our own champagne) we asked if we could leave the champagne and cake until the following day. The staff happily arranged this for us even though the following day was Thai New Year and they were incredibly busy. The cake was of the chocolate variety and was delicious!!
We had our photo's delivered the following evening which comprised an album of around 90 photo's, 1 enlarged shot in a frame and the disc of all of the shots taken during the day. This amounted to around 800 shots! Thankfully, the photographer had saved what he considered to be the best in a separate file so there was no need to trawl through them all (but we did anyway!). One word of caution for the day - I noticed when looking at my photo's that my necklace had gone wonky after the ceremony and nobody had told me. I think this happened when the wedding co-ordinator straightened my lei but nobody picked up on it. As a result, most of the photo's that were taken front on are unusable because the point of my necklace is pointing sideways (I was most upset by this). Thankfully though, a large number (probably the majority) of the photo's taken were from a side angle so it wasn't an issue. I mention this only so that future brides would make a point of checking or asking someone to keep an eye on it for them.

We had booked a garden view room for our stay but were upgraded to a private garden pool villa from the day of our wedding for the rest of our holiday. All of the rooms are beautifully decorated but the villa was simply stunning and this made our stay even more special.

All of the staff at the hotel were incredibly helpful and provided an excellent level of service throughout our stay. The hotel and grounds are very well maintained and there is a real feeling of tranquilty here. Perfect for a relaxing holiday.

Now for the downside - the mozzies!! Unfortunately the whole area suffers with mosquitoes which is a real nuisance. The hotel do their best to keep them at bay by spraying the gardens and placing burners / plug-ins in the room but it's an impossible task to be completely free of them. Also note, that the sliding doors to the terrace of the garden view rooms do not seal so there are gaps for the mozzies to get in. This was not a problem in the villa that we stayed in.
There is a chemist across the road from the hotel that sells a wole range of mozzie stuff so we bought some local repellant which definitely helped. Just make sure you use it all of the time as they bite at all hours of the day and night. Also make sure you use some before you get to the hotel as I got bitten in reception as we were checking in. I must admit to being a bit of a mozzie magnet though, my husband escaped unscathed ;-)

Overall, we had a fabulous holiday and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Mrs_H_042011
Reviewed May 11, 2011

After our departure from Santhiya Resort & Spa (see separate review) we were not quite sure what to expect from Bophut Resort & Spa

However, we were pleasantly surprised by this establishment. Although located within a street with many hotels and not as secluded, the resort itself was still very quiet and relaxed and beautiful. The well maintained gardens are beautiful. Upon our check-in we were advised that we got upgraded to a standard garden villa, which was actually a pool / sea villa as you could see both from our bed in the room. The villa was beautiful and extremely spacious, with separate lounge and massive bathroom that opened up onto a courtyard with plants. Fresh fruit was provided daily as well as a newspaper. This was definitely our best room during our whole trip in Thailand.

Sala Thai (the main restaurant) is very small, but also exquisite, and the Thai food served there was the best we had in Thailand. The chef that works for the resort definitely knows what he is doing. It was like we were dining at a top restaurant. The service and food was definitely the best we have experienced during our trip.

The service throughout the day and night from everyone was absolutely top-notch with even smaller details thought out. Like cold towels is distributed between the loungers in the middle of the day to wipe off your face from the heat and sweat – combined with fresh fruit. We definitely had the best service from everyone at this resort during our stay in Thailand.

The spa is also beautiful and the treatments were wonderful and relaxing and just what was needed.

We did feel that L’ Ocean (the restaurant on the beach with bar) didn’t fit in quite with the rest of the style of the hotel, but it did not deter us from spending lots of time at the sea and bar. This hotel provided us with the complete package in relaxation, luxury, sea, sand and service. In the end we absolutely loved our stay at this hotel and it was the perfect end to our holiday.

3  Thank mitxcoac
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Well What can I say from the moment we arrived the 10 nights we had at the Bo Phut resort & spa were amazing. This was our Honeymoon and we had arrived from 4 days stay in a Monsoon drenched Hong Kong. From the moment we arrived at the amazing reception area we were treated like I have never been treated before. The staff could not do enough for us during our whole stay but at the same time they gave us the privacy that we required on our honeymoon and were not intrusive at all. We had a Garden villa which had been decorated especially for us on our honeymoon the bed hand been decorated with flowers and petals the bath was filled with colourful petals it was just so amazing. there was wine & cocktails and a special wedding cake, fresh fruit every day. The facilities in this hotel were amazing especially for a honeymooning couple. The food in the restaurant was excellent although a little expensive to what could be found in Fishermans village. The Breakfast "WOW" what a spread so much to choose from and for all sorts of different tastes. The spa was amazing although again a little expensive to what could also be found locally. I would recommend leaving the resort at the beach front turning left and walking 100 meters to the Peace resort and having a massage their about £7 for an amazing 1 hour massage and my wife had the most amazing foot scrub that she is still talking about now. If you want a scooter to explore the island then hire one through reception about £6 a day from a quality company and delivered and collected to the hotel. Fishermans village is great with enough to do shopping wise / Bars and restaurants are great, it was all just enough and relaxed enough only a 5 minute walk down the beach. one of our favourite restaurants was the Happy Elephant although there are many more. The beach was amazing and Easily more relaxed than Chewang and Lamai beaches. Taxi's can be expensive compared to hiring a scooter, Chewang is worth a day’s trip to do some shopping and there are so many excursions around the island is is difficult to name them all, although some of the animal shows could be a bit disturbing for some. Elephant ride was amazing but did not enjoy the elephant & Monkey show. At no time did i feel uncomfortable walking around the island I felt safe and secure at all times, but as for the Bo Phut resort and Spa I cannot rate this highly enough as a couples get away it is perfect. My wife and I can’t wait to go again. Feel free to message me for any advice on the resort our area.

Room tip: Look for deals on Villa's
Date of stay: September 2010
5  Thank GFOS31
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We stayed here for four nights and really loved the hotel. The service is fantastic from all the staff.
Room: lovely large room with a nice balcony. The bathroom is very open to the rest of the room which we did not mind but worth considering.
Beach: lovely beach on bophut with a sea you can swim in properly. The sand is quite corse and like walking on quick sand so not great for walking along the beach into fishermans.
Pool: lovely pool and very comfortable sun loungers. The pool area and the hotel in general is very quiet which we enjoyed but I'm not sure for kids.
Overall: we loved the hotel as it was a perfect way to finish our holiday. The only thing we missed is being able to enjoy a walk up the beach but this would be the same for all hotels in the area.

1  Thank Trave11er1982