“Absolutely fabulous ”

Ranked #67 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Absolutely fabulous ”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just stayed at Montien House for four days and have had the most wonderful time. Our first two days were spent in a comfortable and quite modern style Building room which is in the newer part of the hotel. Our last two days were spent in one of the magnificent Villas. I would recommend the Building Rooms for youngsters who have come to party until all hours, while the Villa was a delight for us, we are on a romantic getaway. It is big and luxurious and the private plunge pool was incredible, we used it several times a day. Although we didn't stay in them, the rooms in the garden look like a lovely choice for families. Whichever type of accommodation you choose here the hotel is a real gem! The location is exceptional In that you have the exquisite beach that backs onto the pool; at night you can eat on the beach and in the day just relax and take in the idyllic view. The front of the hotel opens out into the middle of Chaweng's most vibey street where restaurants, spa's and shops abound. Speaking of restaurants, the one at the hotel is excellent, we ate there at least three times because it's so good. The staff at Montien are lovely and cater to ones every need. We will definitely be returning and I can't recommend Montien highly enough!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yael K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This was our second stay at Montien House. Excellent value for money with prime location right on the beach. We stayed in a superior bungalow on the ground floor in the garden. Pool kept my daughter happy while my wife enjoyed the massage area next to the pool. Wifi in the room did not always work. Better reception in the restaurant. Dinner was only ok. Better choices all around.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pulau Pinang, Pahang, Malaysia
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Had been here for a few times but still that good and value for money. Rooms are not big but clean. Breakfast is good. Staff are really helpful and friendly and the location of the hotel is excellent. You can get to the main street or either the Ark bar with just a short walk. Will return to Montien house on the next visit to Samui.

• Stayed June 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights during the full moon party, arrived and the staff were friendly. Room nice and clean, as expected for the price. Not a lot going on but not too far from the action. Decent pool beside the beach. Buffet breakfast was okay but nothing special. Would recommend.

Stayed July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am a solo female traveller. This hotel has no phone in the room, no tea and coffee making facilities and wifi non existent, except maybe for 5 min here and there throughout the day. I found pool area dated and unattractive and spent most of my time further down the beach. I stayed in a bungalow which was dated but comfortable Good air-conditioning. I cannot comment on staff as I barely saw them. I have family in area though so I guess I didn't need any travel advice or tips from them. It had a nice veranda to relax on and dry beach gear. Lots of mossies though! Also my credit card was charged twice at this hotel which I did not discover until I arrived home. I stayed at Panupong apartment's at quarter of the price for two nights and had ten times better wifi! Any young person wanting to be close to the bustle of Chaweng and looking for discount accommodation I would suggest staying there instead. Might be slightly noisy but worth the saving. You can cross the road and pay a few hundred baht for full use of Ark Bars pool area which is much nicer then Montiens. Or stay at Ark Bar which is good value. Also to add the reception area is odd, just an office! I wasn't sure it was reception and my taxi driver wanted to drop me on the main street and walk with luggage to entrance! I had no complaints with breakfast and I can not comment on other food as I never ate there, So many great places to eat if you go exploring. I can highly recommend The Green Bird which is quite close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Rozianne
Bollington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is great. The staff are friendly and helpful, the location is unbeatable and the breakfast is really, really good!
The only little minus is that our room was quite damp and had a mouldy smell to it. We stayed in the deluxe building, on the ground floor. The rooms were very nice, but everything inside was damp. Also, at night when we turned the lights off there was a fan that was also switched off, resulting in no air in the room. We ended up sleeping with the lights on. Despite this I will still recommend the hotel as everything else was nearly perfect :)

They have some bungalows / villas with private pools that look amazing! I'd ask for a quiet one though, as some of them are bothered by noise from the Arkbar down the beach.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced, comfortable hotel within walking distance to everything, this is it!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, some are bothered by noise from the beach bars.