“1st dive (after getting my PADI)”

Discovery Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 61 Tours in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Divers is the premier 5-star PADI dive center in Koh Samui offering the highest quality of service for reasonable prices. We are one of the longest running dive shops on the island as having been in business for over 14 years and have the most experienced and respected full time dive staff in the Gulf of Thailand. Discovery is also one of the only diver centers who runs our own speedboats. We offer a full range of PADI courses from Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba diving and open water diver up to professional level divemaster training. We have full-time dive staff that speaks fluent English, German, French, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. At Discovery Divers we are committed to fun and safety. We believe that the customers needs come first. This is why we have access to the widest selection of boats on the island including our own Discovery Divers speedboats and run numerous daily trips to all of the beautiful dives sites in the gulf of Thailand. We realize that it is YOUR vacation and usually can accommodate any request for courses or certified divers to go to the location you want to go on the day you want to go, with the type of boat (tour boat or speedboat)that you want to go on. We also offer photography services and rentals using top of the line Canon cameras and have console and wrist computers for use with courses or certified divers. This along with our stock of exceptional and modern dive equipment from Aqua Lung, Mares and Scubapro will make your dives safe, fun and worry free. Come by and see our dive shop, meet our staff, and see our onsite training pools, equipment room, washing area and classroom in front of the Amari Hotel in Chaweng Beach.
Reviewed November 17, 2008

When I was at Koh Samui, I just got my PADI and wanted to do a fundive!
I got some good information at Discovery and I did two dives at Sail Rock. The instructor Paul was very friendly and told me a lot about the place.
We saw some Yellow Boxfishes, Triggerfish and a Whaleshark! (the last few minutes of the dive!!)

Good place! If I had more time, I would have done my Advanced Course.

Joost
Alkmaar, The Netherlands

Reviewed November 2, 2008

Have just spent two weeks in Koh Samui with family and friends and myself and brother in law Keith, decided we would like to try Scuba diving. We stayed at the Amari Palm Reef Hotel Chaweng Beach and adjacent to the hotel was the Discovery Dive Centre. We popped in to enquire and spoke with Richie who explained everything we needed to know. We were greatly impressed with his knowledge and experience and decided to sign up for the open water course.

Having never dived before we were assigned to Karl Thomas one of the diving instructors who was very competent, patient and explained everything clearly. Over the few days with the school we started as complete novices and wound up with a PADI Open Water Certificate.

We would thoroughly recommend that anyone visiting Koh Samui who wishes to learn to dive or those that have several dives under their belt don't look any further than the Discovery Dive Centre. All those involved were great fun, a pleasure to be with and very professional. Keith and I would like to thank Richie, Karl, Paul, John and well done to Liam who has just passed his Dive Masters course the same day as our second dive.

Once again boys thank you very much for your time and look forward to our next visit where we will definitely pop in and book again.

We would also like to thank Roland, the Manager of the Amari Palm Reef Hotel and his staff for a memorable stay.

Regards

Frank Adams
Norwich England

1  Thank FrandorNorwich
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I spent a few days with the Discovery Dive centre in May of this year doing my Advanced Open Water course.
I emailed the centre a good few weeks before I arrived there and found them to be extremely helpful and professional. Upon actually arriving the at the centre this continued.

My instructor was Carl (top bloke) and throughout the course he done all he could to make sure I had some wonderful dives.
All in all a top class place and I would not hesitate to recommend them to other Tripadvisor members.

My only regret was that I wasnt in Koh Samui long enough to get some more dives done with the centre.

Glen

2  Thank Glen M
Reviewed April 5, 2008

Let me start by saying that i have meant to write this a lot earlier then i have.

While staying in Samui in November of '07 the girlfriend and i were looking for a few day trips and what not to do, as i have been to samui before i thought i would take her to the marine national park, which as it turns out is actually closed to the public in Nov (Oct-Dec apparently).

Being stuck for ideas we went back to the Amari where we thought we would check out the dive shop. We had always wanted to get certified, but never really took the leap of faith.

From the moment we walked in the door to a cheery guy, sitting behind his desk, with the English accent made us feel right at home. This guy we found out was Richie, the owner. We sat down and and asked all the questions we could. Richie answered every single question we had, he assure my girlfriend there was nothing to worry about, he showed us all the equipment, gavce us a little tour around the shop, generally made us feel very comfortable with everything.

Needless to say, we signed up for the course, thats when we meet Karl. Karl was to be our instructor for the Open water course. We all sat down first thing in the morning, the course was explained to us, what we were going to be doing, and what was expected from us.

For the first day, we were in our own private classroom. Another great selling point of Discovery, the classes are small so the attention to each student diver is outstanding. We also spent time in the pool putting all our class work to practial use. Karl was there the whole time. His patience was outstanding. He never got upset or frustrated. If you needed help with something, Karl was right there, explaining and then demonstrating untill you get it.

The next two days with Discovery, they were spent doing the open water dives. They pick you up at the hotel your staying at (if its not the Amari) and drive you to the docks. In November the waves are to big for the speed boat so your out on a "ferry". Big of a trip out to the dive site, but only to be expected as the "ferry" stops at 2 other islands as well.

The prices that you pay with Discovery INCLUDES everything! Equipment rental ( not brand new, but all in great nick and well maintained ), transprt to the docks and back again to your hotel, meals , books.

Discovery was so good that the girlfriend and i returned again in Feb of '08 to do our Advanced Open Water course. Again the service we got was outstanding. Everything that i have come to expect. We were lucky enough to get Karl again as our instructor.

If your looking for a professional, friendly place to learn how to dive or just go diving, i can't reccommend these guys enough. you will be well looked after.

2  Thank Wombat033
Reviewed February 22, 2008

We are a couple of beginner divers from Argentina. We just got our PADI OWD certificates, so we were looking for a serious and risponsible place for diving, we found it at Discovery with Richie and Carl, two english guys. They were very professional.

Serious places are not easy to find in Thailand, we were very happy with Discovery Dive Centre

1  Thank LeandroBuenosAires