“Highly recommended”

Discovery Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 61 Tours in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Divers is the premier 5-star PADI dive center in Koh Samui offering the highest quality of service for reasonable prices. We are one of the longest running dive shops on the island as having been in business for over 14 years and have the most experienced and respected full time dive staff in the Gulf of Thailand. Discovery is also one of the only diver centers who runs our own speedboats. We offer a full range of PADI courses from Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba diving and open water diver up to professional level divemaster training. We have full-time dive staff that speaks fluent English, German, French, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. At Discovery Divers we are committed to fun and safety. We believe that the customers needs come first. This is why we have access to the widest selection of boats on the island including our own Discovery Divers speedboats and run numerous daily trips to all of the beautiful dives sites in the gulf of Thailand. We realize that it is YOUR vacation and usually can accommodate any request for courses or certified divers to go to the location you want to go on the day you want to go, with the type of boat (tour boat or speedboat)that you want to go on. We also offer photography services and rentals using top of the line Canon cameras and have console and wrist computers for use with courses or certified divers. This along with our stock of exceptional and modern dive equipment from Aqua Lung, Mares and Scubapro will make your dives safe, fun and worry free. Come by and see our dive shop, meet our staff, and see our onsite training pools, equipment room, washing area and classroom in front of the Amari Hotel in Chaweng Beach.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I dive on my travels without a dive buddy, so am always holding my breath for a good dive buddy/guide. I read about Discovery on Tripadvisor and emailed Eric with some questions and he replies promptly with all the details that required. Confirmation deposit was made online through paypal.

Transport to and from my resort was provided. I did not bring any equipment at all, and all of Discovery's wet suit, find, goggles, bcd, regulators etc were clean and well-maintained. The dive guide was open with requests (not mine, but some other guy from in the group who wanted to do deep dive), clear with his instructions, and very attentive throughout our dives (one of the guy wandered off and disappeared and our guide Arnold realise immediately and went back for him). Our guide looked out for the sea creatures and point them out to us, and always take pictures of what we see and of us with whatever's spectacular.

Food onboard was great too! And drinks (water, soda, soft drinks, even beer - post-dive) are provided.

Most impressive was that 4 hours after the dive, I received an email with a link to all the dive photos for my memories. Discovery's service was simply amazing. Thanks for the great experience!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My 22 year old daughter and I went diving with Discovery Dive Center in March of 2014, she was certified at age 11 but had not been diving since. The professional expat staff at Discovery suggested a dedicated dive instructor for her first couple of dives at a minimal cost which was a perfect solution as a refresher. She then went on to get another certificate for 30 meter diving by the end of the trip, excellent service!

The boats are fast, a big plus if you are staying in Koh Samui but wish to dive the best sites like out at Koh Tao, they can be a bit bumpy in rougher seas but well worth it. Rental equipment is also good and they even provided beer for the trip back. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've had lots of good dive companies and lots of bad in my times but these easily fall into the very, very good.

You are welcomed in the morning with a few cakes, tea and coffee. Sea Sickness pills if you need them!

Unfortunately we messed up our booking and asked for a dive on Koh Tao instead of Sail Rock and it was only as people were walking to the various boats that we realised this.

Although it was 100% our fault they accommodated at the very last minute and we got to go to Sail Rock! This really made us happy as we were only doing one day of diving in Thailand and we really wanted to go to Sail Rock! They moved all of our gear over to the other boat.

We had two dives with two different instructors. Both were very professional and had been diving in the area for many years. They were very chilled out and attentive. They ran about the boat getting all your gear ready and doing all the checks so the gearing up was as quick and stress free as possible (I love it when companies do this, some just throw the gear at you and say 'get on with it'....which I hate)

- Boats were good, very fast.
- Lunch was good, lots of food.
- Free drinks including beer (on the journey back)

Overall a great outfit. Did not hear one complaint from any of the boats when everyone met at shore.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Totally professional. All aspects of experience great from booking through pickup and diving. Had a bad experience several years ago in Mexico which put me off diving for ages. These guys are in a different class. As well as making you feel confident all the instructors on the boat who I was not diving with also made it a great few days as did the captain of the boat and his team. Special note of thanks to Takeshi my instructor who put me at ease, was great to talk to, and took me through the whole thing in a way that was educational, exciting and a lot of fun. Cannot speak highly enough of him and the organization. Instructors come from many countries but if this is relevant to you be assured all speak English very clearly. Flawless.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I would highly recommend Discovery Dive Center. I decided on short notice to get PADI open water certification during my week-long vacation in Koh Samui in mid-March 2014. I chose Discovery Dive Center after reading online reviews.
The dive center staff made it easy to set up with a couple of emails and a phone call. Staff was very professional and did what they said they'd do. I was staying at Rocky's Resort in Lamai Beach, which is about a 35 minute drive from the dive shop. The shop is not too far from the airport, and it's a short drive from the shop to the dock on the north side of Koh Samui where you take the boat the Koh Tao. They arranged for a van to pick me up at my hotel at 8 a.m. each morning and drop me off in the evening. The drivers were courteous and on time. The three-day course was well run -- first day classroom instruction and pool work (in hotel pool about a 15-yard walk from the dive shop), second and third day open-water dives of Koh Tao. The boat trip to Koh Tao takes about 2 hours. Speedboat used was well-maintained and equipped. All of the equipment I used (I only brought my mask, snorkel and fins with me) was in good shape and well maintained.
My instructor was Axel, a German who's been working for Discovery Dive Center for more than five years, if memory serves. He was very professional and enjoyable. I had been certified at age 16 (back during the Nixon administration) and have a lot of diving experience -- albeit several decades ago. Axel did a good job on bringing me up to speed on changes in equipment -- really just the BCS and octopus rig was new to me.
The eight or so other divers on the boat each day all seemed to have a good time. So whether you're going for instruction or just for diving, I would definitely recommend this dive center.