“This is how diving should be.......”

Discovery Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 60 Tours in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Divers is the premier 5-star PADI dive center in Koh Samui offering the highest quality of service for reasonable prices. We are one of the longest running dive shops on the island as having been in business for over 14 years and have the most experienced and respected full time dive staff in the Gulf of Thailand. Discovery is also one of the only diver centers who runs our own speedboats. We offer a full range of PADI courses from Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba diving and open water diver up to professional level divemaster training. We have full-time dive staff that speaks fluent English, German, French, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. At Discovery Divers we are committed to fun and safety. We believe that the customers needs come first. This is why we have access to the widest selection of boats on the island including our own Discovery Divers speedboats and run numerous daily trips to all of the beautiful dives sites in the gulf of Thailand. We realize that it is YOUR vacation and usually can accommodate any request for courses or certified divers to go to the location you want to go on the day you want to go, with the type of boat (tour boat or speedboat)that you want to go on. We also offer photography services and rentals using top of the line Canon cameras and have console and wrist computers for use with courses or certified divers. This along with our stock of exceptional and modern dive equipment from Aqua Lung, Mares and Scubapro will make your dives safe, fun and worry free. Come by and see our dive shop, meet our staff, and see our onsite training pools, equipment room, washing area and classroom in front of the Amari Hotel in Chaweng Beach.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Earlier in the week, I had dived with another operator on Koh Samui. Having been distinctly underwhelmed, I switched to Discovery Divers. Wow! What a difference!!! Having dived all over the world, I can say that the service I received from Discovery was some of the best I have ever had from a dive operator. Nothing was too much trouble & the attention to detail was superb. Are they a tad more pricey than the others on the Island ? Yes. Is it worth it ? You bet! The crew were friendly & sociable and found time to talk to everyone. They were fun, knowledgeable and professional. On the way back from the dive, they came round several times to see if we want ( free ) drinks, including beer. All they days photos ( above & below sea) are free via their Facebook Page and also via Drop Box. Their speedboat got us to sites in 45 mins which the other operator's boats took 2 and a half hours to get to. Pick up times in the morning were spot on, within minutes of the time quoted.
For me, really important if you are a qualified diver, they buddy you up with people on a similar level - no dumping you in a mass group of various levels, as sadly so many dive operators still do these days. In the end, I had one to one dive guides for all my dives - outstanding !!!
If I were to dive again in Koh Samui there would only be one operator I would even consider - Discovery Divers every time

Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thanks for the review Steve. I'm glad you had an enjoyable time diving with us as we had with you. Always great to have fun people on the boat. Of course we never get sick of hearing about our service, but I'm also glad you brought up the point of our dive groups. We feel it is very important to match divers up with divers their own level. This way it is not only more enjoyable dive as you are with people who can go the same depth and skill level, but is also safer as our instructors know where they can take each group to, and how much latitude we can give the divers in the water. We never mix students or discover scuba students with certified divers and always try to group up people by their experience level and air usage when possible. As we have all full-time instructors it also is no problem for our staff to make adjustments to the groups between dives if we feel it is beneficial for everyone. We're glad you switched over to Discovery during your trip and hope to see you back again soon

There are newer reviews for Discovery Dive Centre

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Discovery Dive is a superb outfit. I was recommended them by my hotel and liaised via email with Eric some days before hand. His quick response and accommodating, 'can do' nature instantly made me happy with the choice. I booked two days of fun diving to Sail Rock and Chumphon Pinnacle and from the word go was happy. The crew is very friendly and organised (crucial for a speedboat outfit seating up 10 - 15 passengers) whilst the instructors are safe, helpful and knowledgeable - they also take plenty of photos and send them to you immediately afterwards as a memento. They run their dives in a relaxed yet reassuringly professional way and all equipment is clearly serviced regularly. I wouldn't hesitate to dive with them again if I'm visiting Koh Samui

Thank you very much for your review of us. We take pride in offering the highest quality of service and that includes now pictures also. Also, I am glad you brought up the point of our equipment, which is not only serviced regularly, but replaced no longer than 18 months. In fact we have a new shipment of Aqualung regulators and BCDs coming this week. Hope to see you diving with us again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

i dove 3 days with Discovery Dive center. we have been to Ko Tao Island and Sail Rock. the staff were showed well experienced and were very helpful of all of us. this center is providing outstanding service. The experience with them Unforgettable and sure i will come back again to them next time.

Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Sawaf, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We had a great time diving with you and thanks again for sharing all of your pictures with us. They were excellent.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We just spent several days diving with Discovery and it was absolutely fantastic!

My girlfriend did the open water course and was a bit nervous at first but thanks to the good care of (especially) Arnauld and the rest of the team, she regained confidence and passed the exam and most importantly, experienced the fun of diving!!

The whole experience was great. It started with a thorough explanation by Axel and Eric (the owner) of what to expect from the open water course. After that it was off to the theory and swimmingpool part for my girlfriend while I did some fundives.

They pick you up from your hotel or you meet them at their shop right next to the Amari hotel. They will then drop you off at the pier where they have their own speedboat to take you to all the dive spots. The crew really takes good care of you and makes sure you can relax and enjoy the ride. Lunch between dives is good and soft drinks and water (and on your way back beers) are freely available.

You dive with small groups and the instructors are all very helpfull and experienced. I did 4 divetrips with them (2 dives per trip) and had 4 different instructors (Joe, Nick, Em and Arnauld) which were all great! They take lots of photos during the dives which they share with you the same day via dropbox at no extra charge (as opposed to some other companies which will charge you extra for pictures).

It was truly the highlight of our 2 week trip through Thailand and I can highly recommend diving with Discovery Dive Centre!

Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thanks for the review Edwin. We like to treat every diver or student as an individual and look at the specific needs. As your girlfriend was very nervous and anxious about diving we were able to spare Arnould for an extra day to be able to take it nice and slow with her so she can really enjoy herself. It was great that we could take you both to Sail Rock on your final day and I was happy that I was there myself and saw the smile on her face diving with you and Arnould. That is why we do this job to see the smile diving and when you guys surfaced after the dive. That makes it all worth it. Hope to see you again here in Samui and diving with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I spend a day on Discovery dive center boat with my family.
Half of us were divers, the rest just snorkellers, uncluding young kids of 5 and 7.
We've been pick up at our place, and went directly to the boat.
The staff has been nice and perfect in assistance of any kind, especially with snorkellers.
Jo and Arnaud are as friendly as possible, and make diving just an easy and fun experience, within PADI security requirement of course. Thank you guys
We just had a perfect day