“Best part of the trip”

Discovery Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 68 Tours in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Divers is the premier 5-star PADI dive center in Koh Samui offering the highest quality of service for reasonable prices. We are one of the longest running dive shops on the island as having been in business for over 14 years and have the most experienced and respected full time dive staff in the Gulf of Thailand. Discovery is also one of the only diver centers who runs our own speedboats. We offer a full range of PADI courses from Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba diving and open water diver up to professional level divemaster training. We have full-time dive staff that speaks fluent English, German, French, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. At Discovery Divers we are committed to fun and safety. We believe that the customers needs come first. This is why we have access to the widest selection of boats on the island including our own Discovery Divers speedboats and run numerous daily trips to all of the beautiful dives sites in the gulf of Thailand. We realize that it is YOUR vacation and usually can accommodate any request for courses or certified divers to go to the location you want to go on the day you want to go, with the type of boat (tour boat or speedboat)that you want to go on. We also offer photography services and rentals using top of the line Canon cameras and have console and wrist computers for use with courses or certified divers. This along with our stock of exceptional and modern dive equipment from Aqua Lung, Mares and Scubapro will make your dives safe, fun and worry free. Come by and see our dive shop, meet our staff, and see our onsite training pools, equipment room, washing area and classroom in front of the Amari Hotel in Chaweng Beach.
Seattle, Washington
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Best part of the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My brother and I had not been diving in a few years, and we had a great time! We did the two dive trip to Koh Tao, and I cannot wait to do it again. The visibility was great, and we were able to see tons of fish, urchins, and even Nemo! For the two of us, we had one Dive Master assigned. Her name was Deb, and she made the trip so much better. My brother was a little nervous at first, and she was so kind and patient. Once we got in the water, she was very attentive and did a great job of showing us the sights.

Visited March 2013

64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Great Diving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I came across Discovery Dive Centre after a quick search on the internet. I dive frequently in South East Asia and I must say I am most impressed with the services provided by Discovery Dive Centre.

Most of my arrangements were done online (emails and online deposit payment) with just one call to confirm rental equipment - professionally attended to.

Package included 2 dives, return transfer from hotel to dive centre, lunch and free flow of drinks.

Joe, our dive guide was pleasant and fun to be with. He didn't make us feel pressured at all during our dives and assured us that we had plenty of time to get comfortable before descent into the water.

Tuk arrived promptly at the agreed time in a clean pick-up truck. The speedboat used was also spacious and clean, the boat crew friendly and efficient at helping out divers in and out of water.

Will certainly dive with them if I am in Samui again. Will also recommend my friends here too.

1 Thank Lyn D
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well organized and professional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I dived here in March/April 2013 (Koh Tao) with a friend who was doing a DSD, I must admit they're probably the best dive company I've dived with. Professional, well organized, great gear (it's all pretty much brand new) and great boat guys/dive guides.

My friend who was doing her DSD initially was a bit unsure how she'd go underwater, considering it was her first time even snorkeling however the dive master (local chap, forget his name) was extremely patient and made her feel immediately comfortable. After that she fine and has subsequently booked her Open Water Course. Good stuff.

Overall awesome experience and I'd recommend these guys to anyone wanting to dive around Samui. Only thing I would note is they don't really have a dive boat, it's a speed boat with mounts in the middle for tanks. However, considering it's a 2 hour trip to the dive spot with the both engines at full noise I can understand why they don't use a more standard, slower dive boat.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank samdgnz
Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about us. Nothing is better than to see someone trying diving for the first time and loving it so much that they go ahead and do their open water course. Nick, as well as all of our instructors are very skilled and patient and pride themselves in giving the best experience. On the other note, we feel that going by our speedboat is the best way to enjoy the diving here as the best dive sites are 1.5 hours away on our boat, but of course there are many of the more traditional dive boats available from the other companies that take 2-3 times as long. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope both of you keep diving
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing Dive company!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband, myself and two friends went with company just a few days ago. Friends did a discovery dive, my husband an advanced dive and myself I snorkeled.
Everything was super professional...
The cleanliness of the van at the prompt pick up,
The boat was clean and tidy
Staff were fun and friendly
Lunch was suburb
Most importantly all the scuba and snorkeling gear was of a good quality and the staff were very professional when it came to safety checks etc.
Would highly recommend this company
Big thanks to Eric and his Team!

2 Thank Gen25_11
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Unreal Experience & Amazing Instructors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Firstly i would like to thank all the staff for there profesionalism and honesty, my girlfriend and i had never dived before, Erik (Owner) gave us great advice and direction from the moment of stepping in the shop.

This is the only company that offer speed boat services to each dive, fantastic food for lunch, plenty of soft drinks (Not just water like others), beers on return, top notch instructors who really are genuine people not just after the money like others.

My only regret was i didnt do my PADI course, i would recommend booking this in advance as its fully booked most days.

Thank you once again.

2 Thank gibbofamily
Craig,
Thanks for the review. We really enjoyed diving with you for your first dive experience and are so glad that you guys loved diving. We look forward to you coming back to do your PADI open water course with us and have already broken out my old Scooby Doo halloween costume for your disguise in Chaweng (an inside joke between Craig and me). See you soon