“Amazing discovery under the sea”

Discovery Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 62 Tours in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Divers is the premier 5-star PADI dive center in Koh Samui offering the highest quality of service for reasonable prices. We are one of the longest running dive shops on the island as having been in business for over 14 years and have the most experienced and respected full time dive staff in the Gulf of Thailand. Discovery is also one of the only diver centers who runs our own speedboats. We offer a full range of PADI courses from Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba diving and open water diver up to professional level divemaster training. We have full-time dive staff that speaks fluent English, German, French, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. At Discovery Divers we are committed to fun and safety. We believe that the customers needs come first. This is why we have access to the widest selection of boats on the island including our own Discovery Divers speedboats and run numerous daily trips to all of the beautiful dives sites in the gulf of Thailand. We realize that it is YOUR vacation and usually can accommodate any request for courses or certified divers to go to the location you want to go on the day you want to go, with the type of boat (tour boat or speedboat)that you want to go on. We also offer photography services and rentals using top of the line Canon cameras and have console and wrist computers for use with courses or certified divers. This along with our stock of exceptional and modern dive equipment from Aqua Lung, Mares and Scubapro will make your dives safe, fun and worry free. Come by and see our dive shop, meet our staff, and see our onsite training pools, equipment room, washing area and classroom in front of the Amari Hotel in Chaweng Beach.
Geneva, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing discovery under the sea”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My holidays in Thailand (koh samui) lasted 5 days. I was staying in a beautiful hotel Amari Palm Reef and luckily I found a diving center next to it. Without booked, I wanted to do my open water certification but 3 days are required to be certified open water diver. 3 days with Discovery have gone well. First day : theory + training in the pool. Second day : exercises in the sea. Last day : enjoy in Sail Rock, an extraordinary spot. Under the sea, it was like a movie or a documentary about fauna. I saw a lot of fish, corals etc.. To conclude, good atmosphere, good teachers, good food, good beer, super speedboat. Strong point, I've done my open water in French :D

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Minh D
Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Minh,

Thank you for your review and we're glad that you came in and did your course with us. That's great that you had a good time and of course enjoyed the beer after your dives. We have a full multi-national full time staff here so French course are no problem as well as Italian, Spanish, German, English, Thai, and of course canine (Stoli). Hope to see you again here diving with us

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience, great people!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We decided to do our first dive ever during our holiday and just walked to the dive shop to enquire. From the friendly welcome, clear explanations through to the great diving the next day, I can only say thanks guys, we've got the virus and we are about to start our open water course back home ;)

The two of us were paired with a great instructor (Arnaud?) for the day who was friendly, patient, professional and fun. Enjoyed a good lunch on the beach, beers on the way home, the boat trip and of course the skills of canine instructor Stoli!
I highly recommend Discovery Divers to anyone who wants to experience diving and will try to go out with them sometime again.

1 Thank Martijn D
Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Martijn,

Thank you for your review. Yes, looks like you caught the bug and we're glad that you did. After you finish your cold water course up there in Holland, come back and see us for some warm water diving and maybe your advanced course. Also, don't worry about spelling Arnould's name wrong. Everyone does. We will also put aside Stoli to go over some canine diving skills with you.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving in Sail Rock”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had a really good time diving with them. They are really professional and for sure, you will enjoy your time with them.
All the equipments are pretty new and the dive masters seem to know pretty well where they are.

Visited December 2012
Bengaluru, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First ever dive. Def. not the last”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We (My wife and me) booked on Discover Scuba course with Discovery Divers after reading through all the positive reviews for this dive shop. We booked 10 days in advance to get a cool 10% discount on the course fee.

The dive day started from us being picked up from the hotel to the pier. There we were greeted by Claudio and Joe, the instructors. After the initial briefing, we went out to Koh Tao for our first dive. Being first time divers, Claudio briefed us with the equipment and the basic know how of diving. And then we headed into the shallows for our first dive. We did have some issues with the buoyancy initially, but Claudio kept guiding and making sure that we were okay. We dived till 7 meters during the first dive.

My wife had some ear pain due to the water pressure under the water and was not 100% confident while starting the second dive. The discovery divers team ensured that we were comfortable before and after entering the water.
We enjoyed the entire day that we went for diving. The food on the boat was great (at least I loved it). Beer at the end of the two dives. Great company to have a good conversation. All in all an awesome diving experience.

I highly recommend Discovery Divers especially for people who are new to diving.

Visited January 2013
Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Jaideep,
Thank you for your review. Nothing makes our instructors happier than seeing the look on a first-time divers face when they surface from that first dive. Because we have the most experienced full-time staff on the island our instructors have the patience, skill and knowledge to keep everyone safe and fun. Not everyone takes to diving in the first few minutes, but with a lot of close attention from our staff we can ensure that you and your wife felt safe and were able to enjoy everything we have underwater.
Of course we also can never hear enough praises of our food to, and it's always great to enjoy a beer on the ride home after diving. We hope to see you again here diving with us soon
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent open-water diving course!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was very happy to have chosen Discovery Divers to do my pool session and the open water dives to complete my certification. Their service was very friendly and professional which made the whole experience very fun and enjoyable. The dive instructor, Arnauld, was exceptional - very friendly, knew the dives sites well and was patient while teaching the skills during the open water dives. I completed my theory part online before arriving but I think it's easier/cheaper to just do it along with the pool session and open water dives.
I'd definitely recommend Discovery Divers to anyone looking for doing diving while staying in Koh Samui!