“Highly recommended!”

and up
Discover Scuba Diving
Ranked #1 of 61 Tours in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Divers is the premier 5-star PADI dive center in Koh Samui offering the highest quality of service for reasonable prices. We are one of the longest running dive shops on the island as having been in business for over 14 years and have the most experienced and respected full time dive staff in the Gulf of Thailand. Discovery is also one of the only diver centers who runs our own speedboats. We offer a full range of PADI courses from Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba diving and open water diver up to professional level divemaster training. We have full-time dive staff that speaks fluent English, German, French, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. At Discovery Divers we are committed to fun and safety. We believe that the customers needs come first. This is why we have access to the widest selection of boats on the island including our own Discovery Divers speedboats and run numerous daily trips to all of the beautiful dives sites in the gulf of Thailand. We realize that it is YOUR vacation and usually can accommodate any request for courses or certified divers to go to the location you want to go on the day you want to go, with the type of boat (tour boat or speedboat)that you want to go on. We also offer photography services and rentals using top of the line Canon cameras and have console and wrist computers for use with courses or certified divers. This along with our stock of exceptional and modern dive equipment from Aqua Lung, Mares and Scubapro will make your dives safe, fun and worry free. Come by and see our dive shop, meet our staff, and see our onsite training pools, equipment room, washing area and classroom in front of the Amari Hotel in Chaweng Beach.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I just got my Advanced Open Water certification and was very impressed with the staff at Discovery Divers. I was told to ask for Axel and can only say that I thoroughly agree with that recommendation. He was very professional and fun to be with and I felt that he was always looking out for me without restricting the enjoyment underwater. He helped me improve my breathing technique and I learned a ton of new skills during the Buoyancy dive. I didn't get time to interact much with the other staff but Joe was on the boat with another group and came across as another great instructor.

Most dive sites are quite far away from Koh Samui but they use powerful speedboats that get you to multiple fantastic dive sites within one hour. The boats are stocked with free drinks and a good Thai lunch is served at midday (and they have effective sea sickness tablets should you need them).

I would definitely dive with them again next time I am on the island!

1  Thank AquaticAddict
Eric V, Manager at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you for the review. The advance open water course is a great course and a great opportunity to improve your diving skills so that you can enjoy further dives more. I'm glad that you also got to experience our speedboat with our great food and fast times to the dive sites. Hope to see you again back soon.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"marine life"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed November 6, 2012

In spite of considerable anxiety about trying diving, I was very keen to give it a try while staying on Koh Samui. We selected Discovery Dive Centre based on all of the favorable reviews.
We were thrilled with the experience - our instructor, Axel, was extremely cautious and attentive and provided us with superb, and extremely safe introduction to diving. My only regret is that I did not have enough time on Koh Samui to the PADI course.

1  Thank Jan H
Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Jan, thank you for your review. With all of our divers safety comes first and of course fun also. We're glad that you and Ian had a great first experience diving and we look forward to you coming back for your open water courses

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had an extra day in Samui and I want to try scuba diving for the first time. It was awesome! I would 100% recommend to anybody that they have to try scuba diving, it's such an amazing experience. And if you are going to be in Samui, do it with discovery. Their boat is brand new, really nice, and really fast. Eric and his crew were very professional, patient, and helpful. Loved the entire experience. Food was good too and they had plenty of drinks and beers.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My partner and I decided to try out diving while on holidays in Koh Samui and we chose the Discovery Dive Centre. As it turned out it was a great choice from the beginning to the end. We completed the e-learning part of the course at home before the holiday which not only saved us some time but also money as the course came with a discount.

While on the spot we met Eric and the team who from the start showed very professional and friendly attitude towards us. Thanks to them we had most amazing experiences during our open water dives. We visited three diferent diving sites during the period of three days, two as a part of the course and one additional as we enjoyed diving so much.

Many thanks to our instructor Joe who was not only very professional in every matter but also very friendly and with a great sense of humor. He effortlessly led us through the new experience with a great dose of passion and commitment. He and the whole team have made the experience unforgettable and made sure everything ran smoothly. Health and safety first!

I recomend Discovery Divers to everyone who is looking for a high quality diving centre.

1  Thank Ola D

We're glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. Joe as well as our other staff really enjoy what they do and it comes out when they are taking our customers out for dives and teaching courses. The PADI e-learning that you did is a great way to do the open water course while on vacation as it cuts down on the time you have to spend in the classroom and give you more time for your vacation (or extra dives of course). We hope you keep that passion and get out diving more.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The team at Discovery were very professional and thorough in the training. The team kept a high sense of humour and fun, which made it a very relaxing experience and easy to learn.
The diving was exceptional I saw so much more than I expected seeing many fish species, whale and bull sharks, the video the team produced will keep the memory fresh for some years.
The equipment and dive boat were of a very high standard as was the planning of the dive sites and timing of the dives to avoid overcrowding.
I am now hooked on diving and look forward to visiting Discovery Dive Centre and in the future.
Derek

Derek, thanks for the nice review. Yes, diving is supposed to be fun, and we do our best to make a really fun and enjoyable experience. I'm glad that you got the extra days diving in after your course and got to see a whale shark and bull sharks at Sail Rock. As we have our own fast speedboat we can get to the dive sites usually before the other crowded boats and get our diving in without the crowds. We hope to see you back soon to feed your addiction