“Whale shark sighted!”

Discovery Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 60 Tours in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery Divers is the premier 5-star PADI dive center in Koh Samui offering the highest quality of service for reasonable prices. We are one of the longest running dive shops on the island as having been in business for over 14 years and have the most experienced and respected full time dive staff in the Gulf of Thailand. Discovery is also one of the only diver centers who runs our own speedboats. We offer a full range of PADI courses from Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba diving and open water diver up to professional level divemaster training. We have full-time dive staff that speaks fluent English, German, French, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. At Discovery Divers we are committed to fun and safety. We believe that the customers needs come first. This is why we have access to the widest selection of boats on the island including our own Discovery Divers speedboats and run numerous daily trips to all of the beautiful dives sites in the gulf of Thailand. We realize that it is YOUR vacation and usually can accommodate any request for courses or certified divers to go to the location you want to go on the day you want to go, with the type of boat (tour boat or speedboat)that you want to go on. We also offer photography services and rentals using top of the line Canon cameras and have console and wrist computers for use with courses or certified divers. This along with our stock of exceptional and modern dive equipment from Aqua Lung, Mares and Scubapro will make your dives safe, fun and worry free. Come by and see our dive shop, meet our staff, and see our onsite training pools, equipment room, washing area and classroom in front of the Amari Hotel in Chaweng Beach.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Whale shark sighted!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Did my Open Water 2 years ago here with Claudio and decided to come back for a fun dive this time, only to realize one day isn't quite enough! and so began the Advance Open Water right on the following day, with the help of Eric finding the instructor with such a short notice. Got a chance to spot the whale shark up close on the first day of the Advance course at Sail Rocks! (was terrified at first but the instructor was so understanding and professional)

Thank you Discovery Dive Center for all the great dives, and Tao for calling in the whale shark!

Visited August 2012
Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Praew, I'm glad that you cam back to see us and decided to do your advanced open water. How great is that to see a whale shark during your course. As you are only an hour flight away from us, we hope to see a lot more of you. Tao also promises to give the whale shark a call for the next time you come

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Beijing
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best decision ever!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Was not quite sure before I went on my holiday to Samui, if diving is for me, or if I would just freak out under water... but wanted to give it a try!
Found Discovery Divers here on trip advisor - and was not disappointed, the opposite, the whole experience totally exceeded my expectations. Great Service from day one, (including pick-up service by the one and only Mr Tuk), top equipment and great team- and lots of fun with the Discovery Divers!

Axel was the best teacher one can have, explained me everything in detail and on his side I felt totally secure under water from the first dive on. And I appreciated that he always tried to lead us a bit away from the other diving groups. We even managed to see a shark on my last dive.

After my first open water dive, I decided to upgrade from Scuba Diver to Open Diver license, no problem at all, the team was flexible and accommodated my schedule.

Will be back in February to do more diving in Samui! And probably go to the next PADI level!
Go and try yourself - and go and see the Discovery Divers!

Visited August 2012
Eric V, Manager at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Hi Alexandra,

We are extremely happy that you decided to do your diving course with Discovery divers during your time on Koh Samui. I shall pass on your thanks to both Axel and the famous Mr Tuk.

We look forward to your return in February :)
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Unforgettable diving trip!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

It's been quite a few days days but we still can't help going on and on about how wonderful this trip was. After doing some research on divesites around Koh Samui, we decided to organise a two-dive day trip with Discovery Dive Centre. We read about Chumphon Pinnacle but were a bit apprehensive as reviews advise the site for intermediate to advanced divers. We are extremely glad that Eric convinced us to go for this site. Our private guide Nicola was wonderful, making us feel very safe and ensuring we had a great time. And the highlight of the trip, she spotted and lead us to the whale shark! It was such an unforgettable experience to swim along such a majestic animal! we can't wait to return to Koh Samui and organise other dive trips with Discovery Dive Centre.

1 Thank Pauline C
Eric V, Owner at Discovery Dive Centre, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thanks for the review Pauline. You booked a private guide for the two of you and after a bunch of e-mails exchanges we really thought Chumphon Pinnacle would be a good choice for you and I think we were correct. With just you guys and Nicola, you got to go to the areas best suited for your diving level and that she found the whale shark for you is awesome. We can't wait to dive with you again also and hopefully soon. Next time we can take you back to Chumphon or explore some other sits with you guys
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent for beginners”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

An excellent experience from start to finish! My daughter (13), son (15) and I (46) decided to give scuba a go on holiday. We started with a free trial session in the pool. Claudio was great. He set the tone for the whole experience, professional, friendly and a good instructor. We all loved the pool experience and decided to sign-up for the 2 day course (scuba diver) as oposed to the 3 day open water course. we wannted to experience diving in the sea before committing to the longer course. As luck would have it my daughter developed an ear infection so could not attend the first part of the course but Eric (the owner) was very flexible and suggested she attend the theory and missed the pool work so she could make some progress. As her ears recovered from infection and my son and I experienced our fist sea dives we asked Eric to accommodate a three day course for all of us but also to arrange for my daughter to catch-up with my son and I. This was no mean feat as it was peak season and we had limited time before returning home. He aranged everything without any hassle and clearly wanted all three of us to achive the open water qualification before we left. The diving was brilliant. On our first day we had Jo who was great with my son and I. He was patient and took time to show us all sorts of aquatic life we would have missed (stingrays etc). As we became three when my daughter recovered we had Axel who was a great intructor for the kids and for me. He is like all of the other instructors, enthusiatic and very professional. He reassured the children and me with a highly structured apporach to the course and an infectious passion for diving. Really appreciated his mantra of safe diving is fun so first make sure you are safe. In short, great experience. highly professional with excellent instructors.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank tom H
Thanks Tom for you review. We appreciate your friends recommending us to you after diving with us We were as disappointed as your daughter was when you found out she had an ear infection, but seeing how much she wanted to dive I am glad that we could shuffle a bunch of things around to get her course in when she felt better and were able to get all 3 of you diving together on the last day as that is a great family experience to dive together. You originally just signed up for the 2 day scuba diver course, but we could see form the smile on your face after your first open water dives that you were going to continue with the full open water course. As always we are especially careful and safe with kids as we have kids specialists on our team here. I am glad that you chose the right bus on your trip (inside joke with Tom)
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly professional team at Discovery Centre”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

From the first encounter with staff at northern Chaweng Discovery Dive Centre opposite Amari I could see these are professionals. After exam with Claudio, next I met Tao (local Thai), done all the practical preparations, then to diving sites at Japanese Garden, Shark Island,and two dives at Sail Rock. Tao was very thorough explaining safety and communicating in English as good as Thai with locals and remained my best diving body for 3 diving days. Thanks again Tao for wonderfull diving adventure. Unrelated to diving, I mentioned Eric my camera SD card failed me previous day and without hesitation Eric fixed problem and got me a CD with resurected (saved) lost photos the next diving day. I thought have lost all photos. My next dive in Koh Samui will again be from Discovery Dive Centre which I can recommend to anyone considering diving in that region. Regards from George (Adelaide, Australia)

Visited July 2012
1 Thank George293270
Hey George,
I'm glad that you cam by our shop and chose to do your course with us. Of course we were able to fit you in on such short notice and we were amazed at the improvements in your diving you made during your course. By the end of your course Tao had you a lean, mean diving machine. In addition I am happy that I could help you recover the other photos from your vacation so that you can share them with the diving photos you have. Come see us again