“Highly Disappointed!”

Ranked #70 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Houston, Texas
“Highly Disappointed!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I thought I would be able to cool down after several months from this event, but after visiting Bali Indonesia (which was a very pleasant experience); I had to write this review. In December, right before 2013 New Years, my wife and I had made reservations and paid for a room 6 months in advance at Lawana Resort. When we arrived their, we were directed to another hotel that was over 2 miles away from the beach. Lawana's excuse for putting us at the other hotel was that they had no more rooms and had to put us at a replacement hotel which was of very poor quality and had nothing of what we were looking for in a hotel. We were not compensated for any of our inconveniences and we felt as if the hotel wrote us off like nothing. Even though we made reservations and paid for the rooms in advance, they did nothing to try to notify us of their lack of availability ahead of time in order help us reschedule our traveling plans to a hotel of our choice.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money to stay at a higher quality resort. This is purely not the place if you make a r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Zeke2003_13
suwan p, Owner at Lawana Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
May 17, 2013

Thank you for your review.

We had overbooking situation at the end of 2012/early 2013. We feel very sorry that the agent had not notified you. But we are purely to take the blame. What can we do to you to mend this?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Thai first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have very fond memories of the week I spent in this fantastic resort in July 2011. The staff were so friendly and accomodating. The Garden Bungalow I had had every amenity and was cleaned to perfection every day. I had such a relaxing week here and the location is right on the beach. This resort is fantastic value for money and I could easily have stayed for months. Thank you Lawana!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
suwan p, Owner at Lawana Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your very kind review of your holiday with us in May 2012.

We are very happy that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We always think how to do more for our guests. Since your visit in May last year, these are new things at Lawana.

A new supermarket is next door.
A new pharmacy is across the street.
A bank and ATM is 100 meters to walk.
Free sea kayak.
Wifi signal all over the complex and in all the rooms.
New duck down topper over your mattress.

We are a 3* beach resort but many of our guests compliment that our services are getting very close to 5*. The rates remain 3*.

Please come back and email us directly info@lawanaresort.com for free airport pick up and a rate reduction for return guests. You have returned two times, when you finish your 10th visit, we will give you the 11th visit free of charge.
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Gonna keep it short!

Fantastic value for money but make sure you upgrade to the bungalows by the pool. Breakfast is great. Beautiful views of the beach and the other island. Cocktails are excellent and make sure you visit the bar next door (to the left). If I could live at this hotel I would and what makes me cross about other reviews is the ridiculous nip picking. It is what it is. The price is awesome and who gives a flying flip about the sludgy sand. Really! If you can't say anything nice just shut up.
Please give this place a try

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Mannyd77
suwan p, Owner at Lawana Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
April 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your very encouraging rev iew. We are so proud that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.
We are a 3 star beach resort with all the attempt to deliver 5 star services. We may make one or two mistakes but it is all about trying to make you enjoy your holiday.
Our Premier Garden Bungalow is the signature accommodation that we strongly suggest. It is close to the beach, the pool and the restaurant amid very full grown tropical garden. Our bungalows 104 and 105 are always often booked all the time for return guests.

Our location offers a supermarket next door, a pharmacy is across the stree, a bank and atm is 100 meters away, some 100 local restaurants are 250 meters away.

Please come back to us and email us directly at info@lawanaresort.com for free airport pick up and a rate reduction for all return guests.
Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Chalets in a garden setting, flowers perfume the air, greenery everywhere, the only sounds are palm trees rustling, and birds singing.

Rooms are very comfortable, big fluffy pillows, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, wifi.

Staff are very smiley and nice, fresh towels and beach towels every day.

Pool area overlooks the beach, a great place to relax and escape the heat of the day. A wonderful find, good value too, we will be back

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ann m
suwan p, Owner at Lawana Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
April 14, 2013

Please accept my sincere appreciation of your very kind review. You are short and clear and it makes us all very proud. We always think we will have to do more to our guests who honour us with their holidays in our small resort.

Please come back and email us directly at info@lawanaresort.com for a free airport pick up and a rate reduction in case you book directly with us for return guests.

In this month of April we have 7 families who are our return guests. One German family is enjoying the 8th visit with us. We have committed for a total free stay for their 11th visit.

Lawana Resort is on a very quiet beach of Bo Put. A supermarket is just next door. A pharmacy is across the street. A bank and ATM is 100 meters away. The Fisherman Village is 250 meters to walk on the beach with about 80 local restaurants for your selection.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My biggest regret is not reading the reviews for this hotel before booking a room online. After reading other reviews, it appears that several other travelers have had a similar experience to me with this scamming hotel.

I booked a hotel room online over 6 months in advance. When I showed up to try to check into my hotel room, they informed me that they had given my room away and there were no more rooms available for me! Who runs a business like this? And they had the audacity to imply that it was my fault for booking so far in advanced! I thought that the further in advanced you booked a hotel room, the more likely the guarantee is that you will have that room. I was quite offended and disgusted with the management of this hotel.

I would never recommend this place to anyone. Be aware that if you book a hotel room with these scammers then chances are that there won't be a room available for you when you arrive and then you will be left scrambling like me to find a decent, available hotel last minute. It was a very stressful experience and I have never dealt with a hotel like this before and I hope that I will never have this experience again in the future.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here because they will probably give it away to someone else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Whit56003
suwan p, Owner at Lawana Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
April 14, 2013

We are a bit confused. You booked Lawana Resort. You stayed at Lawana Resort. You had not had been turned away. We had rooms vacant in March so we do not understand why cancellation of your reservation was necessary. It seems that it did not happen.

My direct email is suwan2011@gmail.com if you wish to contact me personally so I can handle the problem further.

I feel sorry that your stay with us was not a happy one. We try our best always. We always feel we are not doing enough to all our guests.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed in Lawana only one night. Very warm welcome by receptionists even though we arrived couple of hours earlier. Lovely garden bangalow but bathroom has easy access for mosquitos. Hotel provided electronic anti-mosquito plug which was very helpful. We enjoyed happy hour lunch and drinks 12-4pm. Amazing chicken sandwiches. Hotel has lovely pool and great views, located on the beach. We enjoyed lawana beach massage. We ate outside, really good food just outside the hotel. Very close to fishermen village. Great relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
suwan p, Owner at Lawana Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
April 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your nice review of your very short stay with us.

It is nice to see that all of a sudden we are getting many guests from England although we have no sales agent for the UK.

There is a basic advice when you travel to any city in Thailand, even in Bangkok, that you will need to close the door behind you closed to prevent the mosquitoes from going into the room. When you go out for dinner, please wear long dress to protect yourselves so you can enjoy your dinner much more.

We are only 300 meters from the Fisherman Village where you will find 100 local restaurants to choose from.

Please come back to us next time you plan to Ko Samui and email us directly info@lawanaresort,com for a rate reduction for return guests.
Leeds
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Booked a De-luxe bungalow for 16 nights. On arrival we were so disappointed with this room it was in a dingy courtyard, 'A' block is at the start of the resort far away from the beach. worst aspect for us was the bathroom which seemed to be comunal because of the open aspect at the roof level.Conversations by the guests on either side were easily heard. When we disputed the de-luxe description of these bungalows we were told that de-luxe was the basic in Thailand and we should have booked Premier. We could not upgrade for 5 days due to the hotel being full. After 5 days we moved to one of the Premier bungalows '221', this was much more to our standard and I would warn anyone who comes here to avoid the De-luxe Garden Bungalows unless you are on a tight budget. There were at least 3 other couples that shared our opinion and upgraded like us. Other than this room problem we found the staff absolutely first class, the manager Sam is a lovely person and she went out of her way to make sure the rest of our stay was trouble free. Breakfast was very good and quite varied. Ample sunbeds both around the pool and on the beach. Gardens are a a joy to walk through, well cared for, orchids abound . When on the beach the passing traders and the fruit and food sellers make for a very enjoyable experience. We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: As said in the review do not book a de-luxe garden room unless you are on a tight budget or on a ver...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brentony
suwan p, Owner at Lawana Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to give the public your personal review. The key to your holidays at Lawana is with the Premier rooms. The Deluxe rooms are the smaller ones and cheaper and located up at the top of the resort for people on tight budget.
I am proud of your positive statement for our staff and the resort in general. It will be great honour for us to see you back to Lawana.
I sincerely thank you again.