“For Couples in Love” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Bucharest, Romania
“For Couples in Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

On my recent business visit to Thailand, I had to make a day visit to Ko Samui and I stopped by at the Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa for lunch and during the course of the lunch I was acquainted with a honeymooning couple. The couple floored me by sharing their fantastic experience at the resort with me. I was planning on spending my 10th wedding anniversary at a good resort and after hearing the couples’ encomiums, I have emailed my wife to check out the offers at this resort. My first impression is that I should be here for the occasion. The honeymoon package is designed to suit your every whims and fancy. The resort’s promotion says that it’s Japanese name Zazen means “to find inner peace”. After a reasonably satisfying ten years of married life we would love to recharge our batteries and prepare for the next ten years by spending a week at this great resort.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monica B
Adrien G, Resident Manager at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Monica,

We would like to warmly thank you for your great contribution on our page.

We would be more than happy to welcome both of you for this special event and our Team will do its best to accomodate your wishes.

The Zazen Resort is looking forward to meet and celebrate with you.

Happy Holidays,

The Zazen Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed at Zazen for our week long honeymoon recently. Although the weather was against us for water activities outside of the resort, we did catch a few beach sunshine on our last few days there and did a Thai cooking class which was great, as we got to eat what we cooked and sat overlooking the ocean while we ate.

We stayed on the beach front rooms which has the beach just on their doorsteps. Beautiful rooms, with the bathroom being semi outdoors, may not be for everyone, but was a unique and interesting experience for us when taking a shower, especially when you can see the moon shining down on you at night.

We spent most of our days laying on the beach lounges, drinking at their bar, playing chess (provided in our room) and just relaxing. The beach and water is not like other parts of samui, not as white and clear, but the staff was always hard working making sure it was clean everyday. The whole resort was very clean. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner on majority of our days there. The food and service was amazing. During dinner they had thai instrumental music playing and thai dancers. My new hubby thought the dancing guy (he was the only guy among all the girl dancers) was awesome.

This resort is like a little secret, as the main entrance/reception area is tucked further inwards from the main street. It is only about a 20min walk away to Fishermans Village where there are shops and food places if you want to venture out.

The only regret is that we hadn't gone when the weather was better, I think it would have been a even greater experience.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are beautiful as it is on the beach, but it is not as private, as there will be peo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank esapele
Adrien G, Resident Manager at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon and we forward your compliments to our chef Stephane Courtin as well as the rest of our Zazen Family who will be certainly proud to read your review.

With our best regards,

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Staid at this property for a week in November in a Beachfront Deluxe room. These rooms are right at the beach, so you get those stunning sunrise / sunset views.

Note the rooms are a tad small and impractical, i.e. no room to put away the bags & limited closet space.

The hotel is perfectly located at the end of a cove, enabling you to walk up and down the beach, and not being disturbed by noise of other hotels at night.

The restaurant offers French/Thai fusion food at high quality & value for money. Don't expect Thai restaurant prices, nor overpriced hotel chain restaurant prices, but rather something in between.

The general service, restaurant, spa, ... it's all top notch. Five star experience together with a more boutique experience.

Other people mentioned mosquitos and jelly fish, but those did not trouble us. I suggest you look at seasonality when visiting an island, and especially an hotel like this with a tropical garden & water everywhere.

In closing, note that Koh Samui is an island with all hotels stacked together near the beaches. Unless you're comfortable with lying at the beach / pool for the duration of your stay, I'd recommend you to rent a scooter or car to do some exploring.

Room Tip: Beachfront Deluxe rooms are right on the beach, with beautiful sunrise/sunset views.
1 Thank cve01
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Resort, it was a great pleasure to welcome you.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your dining experience with us as well as our spa.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon at Zazen Restaurant!

With our best regards,

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

overall a truly unique experience. the hotel is downright gorgeous and every nook and cranny reveals extreme attention to detail, class, elegance and grace. the restaurant at night is stunning gorgeous and the music was expertly picked. bubbly at breakfast every morning, how can you beat that?

Room Tip: the garden deluxe rooms and close enough by the beach and offer some more privacy than the beachfron...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adrien G, Resident Manager at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the online travel community.

We are glad to read that you appreciated the atmosphere of our Resort as well as our Restaurant.
Please let us if you come back, we would be more than happy to welcome you again here at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa.

Sunny regards,

The Zazen Team
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

During every trip to Samui I always make it a point to visit ZaZen -never failing to introduce my city stressed friend and relative to this oasis of calmness and impeccable style. Today I went for a light lunch with two visiting relatives....as usual form moment we entered we were greeted with warm and sincerity. As always, BRAVO to the staff and management - for consistently delivering on your promise of excellent service and quality. A strong mention though must be made about your charming intern, Gracern (?- apologies if I made a mistake) - but this young lady truly carried the tradition and branding of ZaZen with such charm and confidence that truly complimented the ZaZen ethos that one woulda hve thought she was a long tenured manager! Well done! you are a real asset to ZaZen and indeed the hospitality industry.
thank you ZeZen for always delivering the best..

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time of writing such a good review of your stay with us. It has been a real pleasure, as always, to welcome you and your family and we are glad to hear that you keep good memories of your experience at Zazen.

All your compliments regarding the Resort and services have been shared and thanked by Garance and the staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Best regards,

The Zazen Team
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

A great place to stay overall. The rooms are clean and well designed, and the surrounding restaurant, spa, etc. are very well designed and run well. The facilities overall are fantastic yet not great value for money as it is expensive overall, but the quality of service certainly matched the prices. The staff were fantasitc overall and were very helpful. We had stayed in the most perfect villa in Koh Jum prior to this stay so maybe we were a little spoilt, yet on the downside there was a few quirky areas that would put me off rating Zazen excellent; mainly the outside bathroom area being overlooked by next door, the beach is shared by other resorts (and stray dogs), not well controlled regarding mosquitoes plus the rest of the beach is not tranquil and dominated by 'shabby' hotels. A fantastic and special place for couples to retreat, but let down by not being in the ideal location once you venture literally one step from the resort. The spa was amazing and one of the best massages I have ever had, with a price tag to match.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Adrien G, Resident Manager at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our Resort.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday at Zazen Boutique Resort and Spa.

We are sorry that you did not appreciate our outside tropical bathroom, which is a feature often appreciated by our Guests. We understand your disappointment about the beach, which is in rainy season not as beautiful as during the rest of the year. I hope you understand that mosquitoes are part of the tropical island experience, although we are doing our utmost to fight them with weekly pest control and various mosquito repellant displayed in the Resort.

In regards to the other resorts on the beach, there is unfortunately nothing we can do. However, our Resort is located at the end of the beach and is therefore secluded in comparison to other properties.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our award-winning spa!

Thank you so much for your great feedback, which has been shared with the team. We are looking forward to welcoming you in Samui soon.

Sunny regards

Zazen Management
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My Wife and I have just spent 5 days at the Zazen
I have been in Koh Samui many times we holiday in Samui 2-3 times a year and have eaten dinner at the Zazen Restaurant on a number of occasions ,this trip we decided to stay at the Hotel .
I have also read many of the reviews on the Zazen but I have also stayed in many of the hotels on the island as a frequent visitor to Koh Samui .
My comments: The hotel layout is beautiful, rooms are most comfortable.
The amount of detail and thought that has gone into the design of the hotel has created a serene and unique environment.
The Beach area is not good ,there is very little room from the hotel to the beach ,this beach section of Samui is not one of the best on the island .
The garden area of the hotel is lovely ,the pool area is small but adequate for the hotel .

The beauty of holidaying in Thailand is not only the hotels and beaches but the service that you experience. I have always found that the service and attention makes the holiday and that has always been my experience especially on Koh Samui. This is a small island and there are many hotels to choose from .
In this area I was disappointed with the Zazen .
The level of the service was far from what I expected .The front desk staff are mediocre .
This is the first impression you have when arriving at the hotel also when leaving .
The Staff in the restaurant and bar area do their job ,but the friendly attitude that you normally experience in Thailand is most certainly lacking throughout the hotel .
Would I stay again at the Zazen ,probably not , I would visit the hotel for dinner as the restaurant is very good .There are many hotels on the island with a better location on better beaches and most certainly better service that we, and most travelers have come to expect when holidaying in Thailand .

Room Tip: The Garden rooms are the pick
1 Thank TBGH
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your opinion about our Resort.

I am very sorry to read that your experience was not up to your expectations. Indeed, at Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, we do our utmost to provide our guest with a relaxing holiday with high service standards.

In regard to your comment about the beach, please note that during rainy season, the tide is very high and therefore the beach is much smaller than the rest of the year.

Your remark about our service quality in the reception and the restaurant is taken extremely seriously and we will take appropriate action to resolve this issue. I apologize that we were not up to our usual standards, which are normally praised by our guests.

We are most certainly looking forward to welcoming you soon in our Restaurant, where I hope I will have the chance to meet you in person to further discuss your feedback. On the other hand I would be delighted to organize something special in order to make it up for your disagreement.

Sunny regards