My husband and I eloped at Zazen in September. We stayed for twelve days, and we're married on our fourth day there. Ame, the wedding coordinator, and staff were exceptional! From the first contact made, Ame was a complete dream! She always made sure we were comfortable with inquiring about whatever we needed, and considering the time difference was able to respond in 24hrs or less and generally much less time! Anything we needed or required was organized and prepared accordingly. As the bride, I had not one thing to worry about, except smudging my nails!! :)
The Resort itself is romantic, small and beautiful. The staff, in traditional Thai form but even more so, were extremely pleasant and within days we were fond of so many of them as individuals as much as those faces that we woke up to and were assisted by every day at every moment. Charles too, was extremely warm and knowledgeable on the offerings of Zazen and the endless culinary possibilities and pairings of wines and champagnes! If you are not able to stay at Zazen but are in Bophut or Koh Samui, any one can and should stop by for a lunch, dinner, show or even high tea at Zazen. The executive chef even has special limited number sittings for dinner in a private sala. Of course you can do all of these things or even try the cooking class offered on site! Any and all options are worth it. The food is really very, very good. Actually leaving the premises to other restaurants such as dinner at Anantara or brunch at Beach Club Di not cut it, Zazen was IT for me and my husband...every one else paled in comparison...no offense to any establishment. Also evening cocktails in the Salon de the is a nice chance to mingle with fellow guests and have one on one with the owners and managers of Zazen! Like anything else at Zazen, always with a genuine smile!
The Spa on site is another great memory for me...if I could have slept in there, I would have! The Spa staff were wonderful, in every aspect!! Numerous options for individual males or females and for couples. From as little as a pool soak and sauna to a three hour session of heavenly curing methods! I will go back!
The shop/boutique has just enough to tickle the senses and allows you to pick up the replacement sunscreen or purchase robes and little bits of artisanal wares etc. Nice things that are different from the street markets, etc., perhaps more aimed towards lifestyle as opposed to memorabilia. My husband, was very happy to be able to choose from a nice selection of cigars whenever he felt that way inclined. The staff there too are very sweet!
All in all, Zazen was a dream come true! I highly reccomend it to any one for any of their offerings whether staying there or just a meal and a show. When we left Zazen at the end of our stay, we were very touched by the warmth that they had shown us. Truly above and beyond what you get in most places, regardless of the money spent. The staff at Zazen felt like family, and that family made the most important day of our life the best day of our life! It was an experience we will never forget it!! We hope to return many times in the future!!
Our only regrets....
1) I have not written the review until now...completely my fault!
2) We don't actually live there!! ;)
A million thanks again to the ENTIRE Zazen staff...we miss you all!!
Carlos and Bianca Villegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zazen is a stylish true Boutique Resort located on the beautiful Bophut Beach. Perfect for a relaxing holiday and a romantic honeymoon. Zazen offers 26 stylish villas, and 2 of the most popular restaurants on the island with traditional Thai cuisine and fine French / Mediterranean dining. Le Spa Zen will help you find the deepest levels of relaxation. Welcome to Zazen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zazen Boutique Hotel Bophut
- Zazen Boutique Resort And Spa
- Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut