Staying at Zazen was one of the most amazing experiences we could have ever asked for. I don't know what other way to describe it than an experience. First and foremost was the service. If you're looking for attentive, sincere and "above and beyond service," this is your place. We were picked up from the airport in the AC, comfortable and clean Zazen van. We were greeted warmly upon arrival, by the manager Adrien, and Dream at the front desk. Hats off to both of them for the service they provide. There were a number of other front desk staff who were also wonderful. We were given cool cloths and a sweet beverage, and after 29hours of travel, this was very welcome. We were taken to our room promptly and the rooms were lovely. Clean and well decorated, which is exactly what we were looking for. If you're looking for Four Seasons or Ritz room amenities you won't find it, but nothing compares to the service, scenery and grounds. And having stayed at both of the above hotels I did not miss anything. They are open air bathrooms so no AC in there, but the Mosquito coils are lit in the bathroom and on the porch every night, so we were not bothered by pests. We did see one lizard in the bedroom, probably because we left the bathroom door open, but we didn't mind!
We ate and drank on the resort most days. Cocktails were around 300baht and meals from 200-500 baht, which was a little more expensive than off the resort, but convenience and quality were worth it!!!! The beach was beautiful, and the resort was on the smaller boutique size so no scrounging to loungers, which we loved. We were on our honeymoon, and it was very couples friendly. The pool was very nice and we either sat there or on the beach. The beach was not crowded and the view is spectacular.
The grounds were gorgeous, with greenery, streams, koi and water everywhere. We also had the best massage of our lives at the spa. It's a must. We also rented bikes for free from front desk and took them to the Fisherman's Market, which is a must. It's only a 5 min bike or 15min walk by beach or road. Zazen is in Bo Phut and it is very safe. I never felt nervous walking around even at night.
We rented a truck from the Fisherman's Market for around 1000baht for the whole day to drive around the island. It only took us a few hours with stops included. It's very easy to navigate. This was one of our favourite trips! We saw all the other areas including Chaweng Beach which was like Miami, with tons to see, do, eat, stay etc. However, with all that said, we couldn't have been happier to be staying in Bo Phut. It was quieter, clean, still things to do in the Fisherman's Village. We wanted some quiet since we were on our honeymoon, and Zazen is a slice of heaven. Even though the main road is busy, all you can hear is the sea and birds. A lot of the other hotels were right on the main road (Zazen is too, but it is set quite a ways back so you see and hear nothing from the city!)
We also did the snorkelling trip through Zazen and it was great. You're on a smaller boat of 20ish people for snorkelling on Koh Tao and the public beaches of Koh Nang Juan! The sand is white and waters so clear! After seeing the two islands we're glad we stayed on Koh Samui mainly because there was so much to do and beaches are amazing. Koh Tao is very rocky and amazing for snorkelling; we would have loved to stay there for a day or two.
We can't wait to come back!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zazen is a stylish true Boutique Resort located on the beautiful Bophut Beach. Perfect for a relaxing holiday and a romantic honeymoon. Zazen offers 26 stylish villas, and 2 of the most popular restaurants on the island with traditional Thai cuisine and fine French / Mediterranean dining. Le Spa Zen will help you find the deepest levels of relaxation. Welcome to Zazen! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zazen Boutique Hotel Bophut
- Zazen Boutique Resort And Spa
- Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut