“Honeymooners Paradise!”

Ranked #18 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Honeymooners Paradise!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Six Senses is a wonderful retreat with stunning views, excellent facilities, quality food and drink and most of all, happy and attentive staff. Our butler couldn't have been more helpful, she even went to the shops to buy us a pack of playing cards!

The only criticism would be that some guests did not adhere to the 'no mobile phone' policy in communal areas and staff did not challenge them. Believe me, when in paradise you do not want to be disturbed by someone engaging in FaceTime on the table next to you, whilst you are trying to enjoy a beautiful sunset over the ocean with a glass of champagne. The resort should enforce the policy they have committed to because if they did, it would be perfect.

Room Tip: Chose the ocean view villa with an infinity pool, amazing!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank richarddsmith82
SixSensesSamui, General Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear richarddsmith82,
Thank you for your candid feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations, especially enjoying the great views, service and quality of the food in each of our restaurants, we have also passed on your remarks to your butler.
We have noted your comment on mobile phone usage, and agree this can be disturbing, we will ensure that the rules are followed in this case to avoid the future disturbance of our guests. We do have a policy, our hosts will be trained to enforce it. I hope that you can visit us again and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
David Ashworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Here we go again and this time with six senses - koh samui

It won't be strange that when I say if you want to forget about the world around you , just leave it to six senses and live another world experince .

It was not the first time been in samui, but this time yes i consider it the first time because I have been in splendid six senses resort
That makes me love koh samui more and more..

Guys they don't treat us as a customer but a part of family !!
That was cool . Me and my wife felt we are celebrity !!!

Mr. David Ashworth ... Thanks for your warm welcome greeting and for the care that given to us and for everything
My respects and honour to your generous and kindness..

Well .. I will not forget (ink) and chiaki our butlers that handled our staying in the resort .. Thanks for the care ..

The villa (16) with an order from mr. David , was the best experiment I have ever .. In the villa you will not need anything from them except the ice and in-room dining

The resturant ( dining at hill) is nice they offered a good quality of food .. My comments:
- the drinks like mocktails and some juices need some artistic improvement
- Some kinds of foods need the sense of the chef which is lost in..

Unfortunately we lost the opportunity to try the (dining at the rock) which is one of the best fusion resturants in Thailand ..!

The administration need to notice some of the workers like the technicians and some labours not to enter the villa's area without a permission as we faced that with Electrical technicians when the came to the villa for some fixing

In general they are really great and they are ready any time for any thing you request , familiar environment and cute staff and the privacy is guaranteed ,the things that you won't find in any other hotels or resorts ..

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CODE75
Dear CODE75,
Thank you for your detailed feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, my team and I are very pleased that you had such a wonderful holiday, enjoying the food quality, service and ambiance of your villa. I have also passed you lovely comments to your butlers K Ink and Chiaki, they enjoyed having the opportunity to take care of you and your family. With regards to the maintenance team we would like to thank you for this remark, we totally accept this and will ensure the team as the correct training to avoid this happening to future guests. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, and maybe this time round you can enjoy the food at Dining on the Rocks. If there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
Venice, California, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

After staying at their Yao Noi resort, we ended our trip here at their Samui property. They were nice enough to upgrade our room which was very beautiful but we were very disappointed with the quality of their service and food in comparison. Yao Noi was exceptional for service and food and everything else. Samui was average for service and below average for food. I would find a place on Samui that was better than this. Not necessarily worth the premium price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Justin B
Dear Justin B,
Thank you for your candid feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, we are pleased to see that you appreciated the room upgrade, but overall you were disappointed with our food and service, we are looking into this in more detail to make sure we exceed all our guests expectations, we fully appreciate your remarks and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you once again in the not to distant future. If there is anything you would like to discuss further please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
Sincerly,
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My mom and I both feel so lucky to have met the Six Senses team (especially David and May) and to have had this experience. It was very unique and truly incredible- something that I would recommend everyone to experience if they have the chance!

If you are looking for your typical luxurious resort- then this isn't the place for you but if you are looking for something authentic and special- you must stay at Six Senses! You feel like you are sleeping in your very own private tree house (most of the walls are floor to ceiling windows). I have been fortunate enough to travel to many places around the world and have stayed at some of the nicest resorts (including The Four Seasons in Koh Samui) and this is by far the nicest pool area/view that I have ever seen. The spa was wonderful- definitely take advantage of it while you're there and I also need to note that the breakfast buffet is the best I've seen and tasted to date (in fact all of the meals were incredible)! Feel free to message me with any questions...

Room Tip: If you're able to splurge for the ocean view - it is well worth it!
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Alexandra W
Dear Alexandra W,
Thank you for your feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the authentic ambiance of your pool villa, including the service, food and large breakfast buffet each morning. I hope that you can visit us again and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
Sincerely ,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was a mom & son hols, a surprise really...we'd already done our annual Bali trip and this was unplanned and last minute... Six Senses touches all the senses and more, it excels and the staff make that happen, nothing is too much trouble, kind, courteous and welcoming. My son is a global traveller for both work and pleasure and adores Thailand, through him I have fallen for the country, its diversity, and its people are the kindest and most generous i have had the honour of meeting. Six Senses was a first for us and what it offers is an exemplar to all... The environment is considered, the local population are appreciated moreover what is offered is high standard at all times. I cannot fault it... We were upgraded to the Presidential Villa, an Ab Fab group of strikingly authentic villas with the very best amenities, watching the sun set with a glass of Bubbly in an outside stone bath is the ultimate joy for me... Six Senses offers the traveller all they desire and I mean desire... I thank my son for this fantastic experience and I have to thank all the staff who made our holiday absolutely outstanding.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lili S,
Thank you for your feedback on a recent visit to Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased that you enjoyed the tentative service and special ambiance of your villa including the unique surroundings. I hope that you can visit us again and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at gm-samui@sixsenses.com
California
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We spent 5 days in a pool villa with an ocean view.Although it was not a beach front villa we enjoyed a very nice ocean view,in a specious villa,with a huge bath tub and nice amenities.
This is a very upscale secluded resort,so you will not find vendors on the beach.The infinity pool is amazing,offering stunning views. Dinning on the Rock is a must! You will enjoy an amazing view and an excellent set menu.The staff was very friendly,and especially our private butler called Ink.She greeted us upon arrival,and has provided us with excellent and personal service throughout our stay .She was always accessible and gave us tips for activities out side the resort,such as booking a private long boat tour and sunset dinner at the "Five Island " restaurant, renting a motorbike and planing a day trip around the Island,etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarmufmaf
SixSensesSamui, General Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Sarmufmaf,
Thank you for your recent feedback on a visit to Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased that we exceeded your expectation and that you enjoyed the size of the villas, lovely views and private infinity pool and general ambiance of the resort, I have also passed on your remarks regarding the food at Dining on the Rocks to our chef. Khun Ink your butler is also very happy that she could make your holiday just that more special.
Sincerely
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was one of the best hotels in Thailand. The private pool in our room and the outside shower was beautiful. The room was beautiful. The service was great. The beach is quiet and so pretty. The only down side was that to do anything in town you have to take a taxi.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that I saw were great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Simchafirestone
Dear Simchafirestone,
Thank you for your feedback on a recent stay at Six Senses Samui, we are very pleased to see that you enjoyed the ambiance of your villa especially your private infinity pool, outdoor shower,and tranquil beach area , I have also passed on your remarks to all my team with regards to the service.
David Ashworth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand
W Retreat Koh Samui
W Retreat Koh Samui
#7 of 30 in Mae Nam
Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui

Been to Six Senses Samui? Share your experiences!