We were here on our honeymoon. We had pushed the boat out for the last week of our honeymoon and went for the 5+star resort over the 5star. Unfortunately by the time we got to Koh Samui the Six Senses had been downgraded to 5star.
The location is stunning but very secluded. So secluded that you are trapped to buy everything from the resort. Unfortunately everything costs 3 times more than it would in the shops. Being our honeymoon we were happy to pay this but its something you should be aware of. Beers are £5 a bottle but there is a happy hour 3-5pm at a beach bar. Wine is unfortunately very expensive at £45 a bottle but apparently this is true across all of thailand.
The room we had in our hideaway villa was beautiful.
As usual in Thailand the service staff were great.
We ate at Dining on the Rocks on our last night which was truely amazing-a real dining experience! Highly recommended and actually good value for what we had.
Unfortunately on the second last night of our stay I fell through the decking outside our villa. It was rotten and I fell straight through it getting stuck at my knee joint. Since returning home my knee has got worse and I am due to have a scan tomorrow on the infected blood clot I now have. The staff were excellent dealing with it but it put a huge dampner on what was an excellent two weeks. Not to mention I have been on antibiotics for a week and can't do any exercise until after it heals properly.
To be honest I would return to eat at Dining on the Rocks but I wouldn't stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six Senses Samui is set on a headland; with glorious panoramas out to the Gulf of Thailand. The 66-villa resort, many with private pools, is 45 minutes south of the Bangkok. The resort serves some of the best food on the island, offering regional and international cuisine and a wine cellar. A Six Senses Spa delivers a comprehensive menu of treatments together with spectacular views across a rock-fringed bay. However one gets around Samui, by foot, elephant or with wheels, a wealth of natural beauty is to be found. Boat trips also show you this most beautiful island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Six Senses Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Samui
- Six Senses Samui Hotel Bophut
- Six Senses Hideaway Samui
- Six Senses Samui Ko Samui/Bophut