Going to Thailand, although so many parts of it are beautiful, it is important that you pick the right hotel in the right location and Six Senses is one of them for Koh Samui. Six Senses is set amongst stunning landscapes with spectacular sea views where all guest residences are villas, with a large proportion of them with their own private swimming pools. There is an infinity swimming pool and two wonderfully located restaurants - Dining on the Hill and Dinning on the Rocks.
Every attention has truly been given to respect and operate this hotel in harmony with the environment so it was very eco-friendly and maintained high end yet minimal luxury which works well. The hotel and spa are in the north of the Island which I’d recommend staying in (or Lamai Beach) as areas like Chweng have become very commercialised by an open, sordid and growing sex industry with more seedy strip clubs opening. The Six Senses is for those who want to relax and totally enjoy a hotel as it offers much of what you need which can be complimented by trips to other islands like Koh Tao. Everyone is given their own butler also to assist with any requirements you may have which is a nice touch.
I used the spa which was beautiful and the views outstanding during the massage.
My areas for improvement would be:
1. Better English speaking or English Language for ALL staff – there is a need to ensure all levels of staff have a basic and good command of English particularly at junior levels as these are often the people that interact most and directly with guests
2. I would have appreciated flowers and flower/garden landscaping around the property and some placed in the villa to add colour
3. Food quality was 7/10 and there is room for improvement (Dining on the Hill), unfortunately I didn’t get time to sample Dining on the Rocks
It is an excellent venue for a honeymoon, total luxury relaxation that is focused around the hotel and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six Senses Samui is set on a headland; with glorious panoramas out to the Gulf of Thailand. The 66-villa resort, many with private pools, is 45 minutes south of the Bangkok. The resort serves some of the best food on the island, offering regional and international cuisine and a wine cellar. A Six Senses Spa delivers a comprehensive menu of treatments together with spectacular views across a rock-fringed bay. However one gets around Samui, by foot, elephant or with wheels, a wealth of natural beauty is to be found. Boat trips also show you this most beautiful island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Six Senses Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Samui Hotel Bophut
- 6 Senses Samui
- Six Senses Hideaway Samui
- Six Senses Samui Ko Samui/Bophut