Actually we stayed at Six Senses two years ago. We were there for 5 nights for our honeymoon. It was one of the best hotels we have ever been to. We had the villa with the ocean views. The villa had two stories, the top floor was the bedroom, the living area with a huge bathroom and outdoor shower while the lower floor was the pool and the chill out area.
The villa was really nice and well equipped with all amenities needed. I loved the little details they put in everything like little stuffed dolls the staff put on our bed when they came for the turn down service and a nice addition of insect repellent cream and the aftersun lotion. I liked it so much I actually bought the aftersun jelly location home. The bathroom was really, really nice. When we arrived, they also prepared a nice warm bubble bath for us.
The food at the Six Senses was the best food we've ever had in any hotel. They had quite a number of restaurants and we tried all of them. Even the room service food was perfect. I opted for the australian beef capaccio for a few times because I liked it so much. The breakfast was fantastic - again the best we've ever had. They had such a great variety of food. They even had sushi and sashimi which I loved. The egg station offered a variety of creative dishes while the juice bar featured a combination of frozen fruit juices with a twist.
We also went to the spa which was really really stunning. It was set in a lush jungle and was super spacious. The room we had at the spa boasted the views of the ocean. The staff was really nice and knew how to massage really well.
I must say that we were extremely impressed with the service from everyone at the hotel. The buggy service was really fast and the staff was really helpful. We also booked an excursion to the Five Island (outsourced) and had a private boat trip around the island and a huge and sumptuous at the Five Island restaurant. One day we also asked the hotel to hire us a car (very pricey) and we drove to the tiger zoo and aquarium and also around the island.
We had a great time at the Six Senses Samui. But because it was on a very pricey side, we don't intend to go very often. But I think for a special occasion like honeymoon or anniversary or simply for that fact that you can afford it, I strongly recommend this hotel. I would give it six stars if I could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six Senses Samui is set on a headland; with glorious panoramas out to the Gulf of Thailand. The 66-villa resort, many with private pools, is 45 minutes south of the Bangkok. The resort serves some of the best food on the island, offering regional and international cuisine and a wine cellar. A Six Senses Spa delivers a comprehensive menu of treatments together with spectacular views across a rock-fringed bay. However one gets around Samui, by foot, elephant or with wheels, a wealth of natural beauty is to be found. Boat trips also show you this most beautiful island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Six Senses Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Samui Hotel Bophut
- 6 Senses Samui
- Six Senses Hideaway Samui
- Six Senses Samui Ko Samui/Bophut