We had high expectations going into this trip as the reviews were quite high. However for the amount of money you are paying to stay here, the service was below expectations.
The hotel itself is very private and a good getaway for a romantic holiday away from people. However the service could be much better in my opinion.
Each villa shares a butler and we had problems getting a hold of our butler at times which defeats the whole purpose of having a butler. I guess she was too busy helping other guests to pick up her phone.
The pool is absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately the sides of the pool smell like suage and the pools are lined with very sharp rocks.
The hotel is situated in the rainforest area. So there are bugs And Mosquitos everywhere! Inside and outside of the villa. Prepare to bring all types of repellent! The hotel sprays Anti mosquito spray a few times a day and the fumes are quite strong!
Food here was generally very good. The buffet is good and of decent value. The only complaint is that there are flies everywhere, including the food!
The villa itself is nice but the condition and maintenance is a bit on the shabby side. I'm not sure how often our bathtubs and private pool was cleaned as it was a bit dirty when we arrived.
The beach is poorly maintaned. Garbage everywhere to the point where you do not want to go there. It's very sad.
The spa was the best part. Absolutely amazing and no complaints there. Venue was clean and staff was professional.
Overall a relaxing stay with good privacy. However, for the price you pay, you would expect better service and better maintenance of the facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six Senses Samui is set on a headland; with glorious panoramas out to the Gulf of Thailand. The 66-villa resort, many with private pools, is 45 minutes south of the Bangkok. The resort serves some of the best food on the island, offering regional and international cuisine and a wine cellar. A Six Senses Spa delivers a comprehensive menu of treatments together with spectacular views across a rock-fringed bay. However one gets around Samui, by foot, elephant or with wheels, a wealth of natural beauty is to be found. Boat trips also show you this most beautiful island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Six Senses Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Samui Hotel Bophut
- 6 Senses Samui
- Six Senses Hideaway Samui
- Six Senses Samui Ko Samui/Bophut