Apparently the extra sense refers to 'experience', which nicely sums up this excellent hotel. The food, the service and the attention to detail made it a memorable stay. Indeed as we were savoring each experience in turn, we had unwittingly been lulled into a slower more natural pace. I found myself content to lounge by the pool, and soak up the impressive ocean views.
This hotel prides itself for its personalized service - and they do not disappoint - you'll get a butler who is very attentive to your needs. The bungalows are modern and comfortable with extra touches which make it special. Breakfast is also very good, with Western, Thai and Japanese options, although the Western food is the best provisioned with freshly squeezed/blended fruit juice the most popular.
This really is a great hotel to relax and get away from it all... more so, because it is quite a long way to the town. Nevertheless we were able to hire a motorbike and make the 5km trip on bumpy roads each day to the shopping and restaurants.
Activities on offer within the hotel include kids/cultural activities, sailing and spa treatments. The catamaran was a highlight, as I am a novice sailor, and navigating the reefs at low tide was exciting. Despite the dangers we managed to get about halfway to Koh Phangan before we were forced back by high winds and a large swell. The Spa was outstanding, and the massage was one of the few I have had in Thailand where the therapist was well-trained and got the pressure just right.
Overall, this is a wonderful for a secluded holiday retreat, however it IS very isolated and you will need to rent either a car or a motorbike after a few days. Highly recommended if you are looking for a romantic getaway with great ocean views, attentive service and a truly sensual experience for all 5 senses, plus that extra sense which you didn't know you had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six Senses Samui is set on a headland; with glorious panoramas out to the Gulf of Thailand. The 66-villa resort, many with private pools, is 45 minutes south of the Bangkok. The resort serves some of the best food on the island, offering regional and international cuisine and a wine cellar. A Six Senses Spa delivers a comprehensive menu of treatments together with spectacular views across a rock-fringed bay. However one gets around Samui, by foot, elephant or with wheels, a wealth of natural beauty is to be found. Boat trips also show you this most beautiful island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Six Senses Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Senses Samui Hotel Bophut
- 6 Senses Samui
- Six Senses Hideaway Samui
- Six Senses Samui Ko Samui/Bophut