“Not up to Anantara Standard”

Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
Ranked #18 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Booked this hotel after a wonderful holiday in the Anantara Riverside, Bangkok. Unfortunately this hotel couldn't be compared. The rooms were nice and rather small, but in fairness the island is rather small so space is of a premium. The gardens are beautiful stretching out to the pool and beach. Very little space in this hotel, small dining room, moon bar and cafe, they also had a small library. The breakfast was average and the staff some what disinterested, they did not have the professionalism of the Bangkok hotel, most of the time they looked like they didn't know what to do next. We stayed in Bophut the week before Christmas and I can say it was the most disappointing holiday I have had. I expect we chose the wrong time of year as there were very few tourists around, the one thing you need to make a good holiday is people so I would say if you want to spend your holiday sunbathing then this is the place for you, if you want atmosphere and adventure look elsewhere .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review, and please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations.
I do agree that Anantara Bophut is small compared to Anantara Bangkok Riverside: the size of the property itself is different: we have only 106 rooms, against 400 for Bangkok Riverside. Therefore the facilities are very different.
Regarding to our rooms: Anantara Bophut offers 8 different rooms categories, with a size varying from 36sqm to 180 sqm. We would have been delighted to show you a bigger room upon request.
Unfortunately, I must also agree on the fact that you have picked up the wrong time to come to the island. November and December are the slowest months for Samui, up until Christmas. Then it will again be busy until April. May I suggest you to come & visit us again during that time. You will see a totally different face of Samui!

I really hope you will give us another chance to show you the Anantara hospitality. Feel free to contact me at anytime, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Warn regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Ok so I am a bit of a fussy traveller... I know what I like and don't like and for me the hotel is a big part of having an enjoyable holiday.i like my little bit of luxury and pampering and it has to be better and nicer than my own home for me to enjoy it.
Here at Anantara Bophut everything I like about holidays happened short of having Daniel Craig here with me!
It was first time in Thailand for me although I have done a fair amount of travelling but usually in the opposite direction.As usual Trailfinders in Exeter were the booking agents and I can thoroughly recommend them. Thanks Dan.
Flight and transfers ok arrived at hotel and managed to upgrade to junior suite as recent painful foot sprain meant wasn't too keen on 3 rd floor room offered.
What a delight the room was! Immaculately clean, huge huge bed, beautiful bathroom, twin sinks, stand alone bath that was filled with flowers and bergamot and our very own Siamese fighting fish 'pet' for 2 weeks! Perfect!
The food in the both the High Tide restaurant and Eclipse bar was excellent and always served with the usual smile from well trained delightful staff.
The purpose of the holiday was relaxation and how we kicked back and relaxed! The swimming pool is just lovely. Plenty of loungers,plenty of staff to bring you drinks, fruit on sticks, drinks , fruit lollies, towels.... Everywhere very clean and the gardens with the huge long lily pond and amazingly planted garden absolutely delightful.
For 2 weeks we more or less stayed in the resort all the time.The food was so good we ate out in Fishermans Village only a few times as it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel.
Thank you Anantara for making our holiday one of the best and for me personally a terrible sleeper at best the chance to have just about 14 nights of the best relaxed sleep I've had in ages so good is your hotel!
Special thanks to the lovely little Aommy,San, the really nice head Chef Bernard and to the lovely Praslim(?)
We will return.
Until then thank you.
I would come back tomorrow.
Worth every penny and will definitely be trying other Anantaras in future vacations.

Room Tip: Upgrade to junior suite if available
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amyche
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

WOW!!!
thank you so much! Your review makes me very proud of my team! Please be assured that your good words have been shared with all our associated.
We are glad you had a great relaxing time with us, and are all looking forward to welcoming you back.
Do not hesitate to drop me a mail when planning your next holidays, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Warm regards

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Am now on the third day of my four days stay for my family of 5 and we occupy two poolside rooms which are tastefully decorated and clean and complete with full amenities. Im more impressed with staff's service as my wife fell and bruised her knees and was attended by staff immediately . Nice little things like notes on your bedside , fruit tray and get well soon cards and flowers made our stay memorable. This hotel is highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for appreciating all the small touches placed here and there to ensure our guests have a wonderful and memorable stay with us.
Thank you very much for your recommendation, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here for 10 days, having been in a neighbouring hotel last year. Tha attention to detail was excellent. Lovely big room with daybed/balcony overlooking stunning gardens. Breakfasts were plentiful and very varied, and everything was labelled ! The food presentation and quality was amongst the best we've experienced.
The pool was beautiful with no shortage of sun beds/towels. Even had complimentary sun lotions !
Staff were very attentive and helpful at all times.
Only had one meal other than breakfasts in the hotel at the eclipse bar, complimentary part of our deal.
Service was a bit slow but the food and wine were delicious.
Great location for accessing Fishermans village, just out onto the beach and about 5m to the road.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are nicer than groung floor as they only have small courtyard

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed our property, its locations, the food and the service provided by the team.
Do not hesitate to contact us when planning your next holidays in Samui, it would be our pleasure to assist you!

Warn regards

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my first visit to Thailand and Koh Samui is an amazing island paradise that offers travelers the opportunity of staying at this wonderful hotel. The staff are always smiling and very attentive and the head chef is always checking that the food is top quality by visiting the on-site restaurants regularly.
Staying in a junior suite the room size is excellent and the wet room and bath allow the guest to enjoy the very best facilities possible. The rooms and beds are top quality.
The restaurants offer excellent food, freshly cooked by a very talented team of top chefs and the variety is amazing.
The grounds are amazing and a lot of thought has gone into creating an idyllic escape from everyday life in an oasis of calm and tranquility.
The Spa is definitely worth visiting as top trained therapists can provide a range of treatments that leave you relaxed and totally at peace.
I would recommend everyone to try this hotel and experience the totally relaxing environment offered by the hotel and the staff.

Room Tip: Paying a little more for a Junior Suite is well worth the cost.
2  Thank Tgaztec

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, and thank you also for your kind words towards the team. Our associates are really the ones making the difference between a good stay and a great one!
We are pleased to see that your first Thai experience was a relaxing and enjoyable one and we are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Having stayed here on 6 occasions before my wife and I are still blown away by the hospitality of the staff and gorgeous surroundings.The recent uplift to rooms has given more space and although my wife and I liked the older style one has to move with the times.This hotel has exceptional staff and anyone who finds fault needs to look at themselves !, It is ideally situated for the local village, now a busy village compared to 8 years ago. Once you have stayed here you will return again and again.

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms, but as the hotel is 2 storeys and no lift a middle floor or ground floor for...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review, and thank you very much for coming back year after year to Anantara Bophut!
There is so many good resorts in Samui, it is an honor to be your preferred one.

Looking forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We have just returned from our 9 day stay in the Anantara totally relaxed. We previously stayed in this hotel in 2012 and this year has excelled that stay. From the moment you enter the drive way there is a calmness that is difficult to explain. We arrived early but our room was made available within one hour so this was a great start after a 17 hour flight. The room was spotless which is absolutely true of the whole hotel. The staff are excellent, always with a smile on their face and even broke in to song at one point. I had a small problem with the safe and within 5 minutes an engineer was sent to the room and was accompanied by a staff member which was an excellent touch as it provides an extra security feel. This year we ate in the restaurants in the hotel and the food , presentation and service were excellent , much higher standard than Fishermans village. If one is looking for a holiday to recharge or totally relax with no stress, this hotel is a must. My only wish is that it was nearer to Ireland but I hope to return again. F. Falvey

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for staying again with us, and taking the time to write a detailed review.
We are very proud having made this stay even more memorable and enjoyable than the previous one, and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back!

Manish Jha

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Sandalwood Luxury Villas
Six Senses Samui
Six Senses Samui
#30 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort? Share your experiences!