We stayed here for 6 nights over 2014 New Years with three other couples. We booked a deluxe room, which was on the top floor and had been recently renovated. The room was clean and nicely decorated and had a very comfortable bed. Two of the other couples we traveled with booked a Junior Garden view suite, which had a much bigger bathroom. We did however find these rooms to be very dark as they were on the ground floor which allowed very little light to come from the trees in the garden.
The service at this hotel was excellent. We would be greeted everywhere we went, which made the stay extra special.
Breakfast buffet was great and the restaurants served fantastic food.
The hotel is close to the fishermans village which was great for finding restaurants and little shops. Our only negative comment is the beach. We found the sand to be very coarse and sea quite rough. Throughout our stay we saw very few people swimming in the sea. If you are looking for a beautiful beach, then I suggest you stay elsewhere on the island. We travelled down to Lamai Beach during our stay, where we found an idyllic beach and sunshine. We would stay in this part of the island should we return to Koh Samui.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Anantara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui