“Best service”

Ranked #16 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Stockholm, Sweden
“Best service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This resort has made it in terms of making you feel welcome and cared for. The friendliness and attentiveness is fantastic, in a forthcoming yet very natural and balanced way. NOTHING is a problem here, everything you need is fixed and the staff really do make the difference. We stayed in a large room with sea view, with excellent beds. Super breakfast. One thing to work on: internet stability and speed. Also the beach itself is not very nice, a fair level of rubbish which is not cleaned away. (And for sand castle builders, this is not the beach to chose due to the coarse sand...;) But if Anantara want to be a role model, you should start an initiative to ensure a clean beach together with the neighbours around. Nice loaction with walking distance to shops and the Fisherman's Village.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear valued guests,

Thank you much for sharing your experience, and also for your kind words towards the team.
Yes, nothing is impossible at Anantara Bophut, and the team will go the extra mile to please the guests. I am really proud of the spirit!
Your comments regarding the status of the beach has been taken into consideration, and we do have a team coming early morning to clean the area.

Do not hesitate to contact me at anytime should you need any assistance in planning your next holidays in Samui.

Warrn regards,
Manish Jha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 29, 2013

First and foremost room was outstanding, really perfect for a hotel room, perfect balance between luxury and comfort. Also the service especially from restaurant staff was really polite and professional. Maybe not the perfect location to be in the middle of everything, but it was not far to go to the main tourist area and anyway around Anantara was a much nicer area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and we are happy to see that we created an extraordinary impression for you to return back in our paradise.

Regards
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights in Deluxe garden view room. On arrival it would be fair to say we weren't overwhelmed at all but this did change as we settled in.

The welcome was lacking on arrival. We were ushered into the library for check in and greeted with 'passport and credit card'. No hello/welcome etc. it did warm up after that as we were given a welcome drunk but it was a bit odd! Following that, we were shown to our room which was directly above a building site in the adjacent hotel. Lots of loud drilling which we were pretty alarmed by but thankfully we never heard it again throughout the stay. Again, just a shame as it did affect our first impression.

The rooms are superb. Beds are to die for and the standard of furnishing and toiletries is great. There is no towel rail/hook for towels at all which means you end up draping towels over furniture, and wifi was free for only 30mins/day in room (free all day though in all public areas) so they really would be the only comments I can pass for improvement.

We loved breakfast. Great coffee and lovely service every day. Very easy to spend an hour there reading the complimentary papers. Happy hour each day too was great. Nice way to end the days sunbathing. Pop to the next hotel, Hansar Samui, for great cocktails at their happy hour on the way into the fishermans village too in the evening.

We used the gym a couple of times. It's well equipped for a leisure hotel but could use a little more space for stretching off.

All in, for a great location, superb rooms and fab breakfast, we'd recommend Anantara.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and please accept my sincere apologies if the welcome was not as it is supposed to be. I have had a word with the team to avoid such situation in the future.
I am delighted to read that it did not affect the rest of your stay and you had a great time.
Your recommendation is the best reward we can receive!

Do not hesitate to contact us when planning your next holidays in Samui, we will ensure you have an amazing time with us.

Warm regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I will strongly recommend this property for any one travelling to Samui. Just the perfect location not far away from Chaewing (night life), direct access to the beach, infinity pool with BAR, Gr8 view from your rooms, and the best of all NATURE!!!!!.Hotel staff are very welcoming and accommodative to special requests( Nancy - reservations, Gift - Concierge, John - FnB). I Suer enjoyed my stay and m looking forward to me next one there too !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Beach Front rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.
We are delighted to read that you have had such a great time that you are already thinking of coming back! That is the best reward we can receive from our guests.

Do not hesitate to contact us when planning your next stay, we would be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am not staying at the Anantara Bohput, but decided to treat myself to a massage in their newly refurbished spa. The whole experience was truly magical from start to finish. The receptionist greeted me with a smile and a cup of tea, she explained what was going to happen and asked if there were any areas I wanted the therapist to concentrate on, or any areas to avoid, how strong/soft I wanted the massage, any problems etc, all very thorough, which instantly put me at ease as I sometimes have lower back pain. I was then introduced to my therapist, who escorted me off the island reception and into the grounds of the spa. The whole area has the feeling of an ancient Aztec Kingdom, beautiful. The large wooden doors were opened and I entered my treatment room. I knew I was in for a treat before the massage had even started! The changing area was first, lovely decor, a wardrobe for your clothes, boxes for jewellery, a robe and slippers. The Anantara have thought of everything. I had to bang the gong when I was ready, and my therapist came to collect me, and we walked through to the treatment area. The area was like a cool greenhouse, looking out onto a beautiful walled, tropical garden, stunning! Firstly I had a foot bath in rose petal water, scrub and massage. I was asked if the temperature in the room was good for me, as it could be made cooler or warmer if necessary. And then to the main event, the most perfect way to spend 90minutes, the best massage I have ever had. All the details were there, flowers under the bed, so you weren't looking at the floor when laying on your front, the discretion with sheets for turning over, all the small points that make a big difference, 100%. Added to that, the most perfect surroundings, it was a truly magical experience and I would recommend it to anyone. When my massage was complete, I was asked to lay still for a few minutes whilst more tea was prepared for me, which I sat and drank in the lovely changing area, before getting ready and being escorted back to the reception island, surrounded by water, where I paid for my treatment, and left, a very happy customer. It really was the best morning of my holiday (so far!) and I would like to say a big thank you to the Anantara for their well trained, helpful and friendly staff who all contributed to making my morning so pleasurable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rednip123
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your Anantara Spa experience.
All the details given are here to show that you have truly enjoyed it, please do come and try other treatments before going back home!

Warm regards,
north west
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Recently refurbished upgrade to junior garden suite isworththe difference giving good size king bedroom ,best showers I have had in a hotel .great location right on the beach and five minutes walk from lotsofrestaurants and bars quiet location suit 35 s plus.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our family of four recently enjoyed a wonderful stay at the newly refurbished Anantara Bohput. From the moment we arrived we were treated with superior service from all of the staff and it continued until we finally and sadly had to depart five days later.
My husband and I stayed in a beautiful Royal Garden View Suite (which had the most amazing bed and the best mattress I have slept on in the whole of Thailand, I kid you not!) while our two boys stayed in an adjoining Junior Garden View suite. Our boys were thrilled to discover that they had their own fish to gaze at for the duration of our stay. When they knew it was time to leave they asked if they could take the fish home with us to which I gently replied that it was best to leave him where he was, for other guests to enjoy! Our boys also really enjoyed having their own big bubble bath which they spent a lot of time in.

The rooms have a lovely light, bright and airy feel to them and have been decorated to a high standard.

We loved the added touch of the complementary 15 minute neck and shoulder massage which put us in a great relaxed mood to enhance our already relaxed stay.

The gardens and surrounds of the hotel are really lovely and peaceful. We witnessed a gorgeous wedding while we were there and the grounds were the perfect backdrop for such a special occasion.

As we were there for the King of Thailand's birthday, we were also treated to a cocktail function to celebrate the occasion.

It was nice to be able to choose to either relax by the wonderful pool or on the sun loungers on the beach. Again, this is something that we took full advantage of.
As I said earlier the service from the staff was fantastic. I think I would go so far as to say it is the best service we have received in Thailand and we have been living here now for two years!

The General Manger Manish Jha and his management team were always visible which is not something you see very often. We regularly saw Jacek (food and bev manager I believe) at breakfast (which was fantastic with a great selection) and also when we dined at the Full Moon restaurant. He was there to ensure that everything was taken care of and that all the guests were enjoying their meals, ours included.

I think our stay at Anantara Bohput may get me in to a little trouble as I am now going to be hounding my husband for us to return as soon as we can. It has left us with wonderful memories of Kho Samui which we hope to add to in the near future.

Do yourself a favor and stay here as you will not regret it!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 3terrina
GM_AnantaraBophut, General Manager at Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Valued guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a detailed review regarding your recent stay at Anantara Bophut.
Our top priority is to ensure our guests have a great time with us and go home with amazing memories.
We are very proud & delighted to read that you consider our service as the best you have received in Thailand and that you already want to come back!

Do not hesitate to contact us at anytime should you need any assistance in planning your next stay in Samui!
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
Manish Jha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
#17 of 186 in Bophut
Poppies Samui
Poppies Samui
#1 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort? Share your experiences!