My husband and I stayed here for 10 days in September to celebrate our silver anniversary. Everything about the hotel is perfect - the location, the staff and the rooms. We stayed in 204 which was a suite with 2 balconies with a partial sea view (obscured by foliage) and a view over the full moon restaurant which was nice when a vocalist was entertaining. The only thing lacking was the amount of storage space for our clothes.
We ate in the full moon restaurant on the night of our anniversary and were quite obviously give one of the best tables which they decorated for us. The view was stunning, the food excellent and the staff most professional yet friendly. I will always remember it fondly.
We also attended the beach barbeque which was very romantic and Darika - the restaurant manager asked if we would like photos which she then e mailed to us. They are a lovely and thoughtful souvenier of our trip. Thank you Darika. Darika is an excellent representative for the hotel. We had a small problem one evening and she sorted it out immediately with discretion and professionalism.
The manager Manesh held a cocktail party in the garden and greeted all the residents. He was very interested in customer feedback and we feel appreciated our comments. We noticed him around the grounds a few times during our stay and he was friendly and approachable.
As mentioned in other reviews the breakfast was delicious, varied and plentiful, the hotel communal areas and grounds natural and wll tended, housekeeping immaculate etc etc. The hotel looks and smells seductive with inscense in the air and fire torches burning at dusk.
The pool bar holds a happy hour from 5-6pm and staff deliver drinks etc directly to your sunbed on the beach. The eclipse bar's happy hour was from 10-11pm.
We had a massage in the spa which was equivalent to European prices and the whole experience was one of the best I have had in beautiful surroundings. They even put a lotus flower in a bowl under the treatment bed to look at!
House keeping left little notes wishing us sweet dreams written on leaves every evening, filled the huge bath with foam topped with petals and decorated our extremely comfortable and vast bed with flowers. We were left an Anantara bag thanking us for our stay on the last night tied with twine and I was deeply touched. I have been to some lovely places but this is the only time I didn't want to come home.
All in all a peaceful and enjoyable stay. I would definitely recommend it and hope to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui