Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in a King Suite with two balconies and view of the beach and over the pool area. The room was large and had traditional furniture, four poster bed (king or bigger), day beds on both balconies, and a huge bathroom. The bathrooms may need updating soon but there was no problem at all. Favourite touches in the room: beach bag, yoga mat and umbrella! The check in was great, welcome drink and cold towel and I was taken to my room, which was reached by walking along the lilly pool (all lit by fire torches after dark - wonderful). The beach is on a slope down to the sea so you kind of feel as if you are falling off your sunbed but the pool guys helped with getting the bed as level as possible and helped with moving the parasols around. There is a massage hut next to the hotel which shuts at 6pm so get to them by 4.30pm to avoid missing your last foot rub of the day (300 bhat). There are loads of massage places out of the hotel on the main road too so if the spa is booked or you think it's overpriced (which I did - expensive by Dubai standards even) don't hesitate to try these places. OK, so you don't get the same experience, but if you just want a quick treat, 300 bhat as opposed to 4,000 bhat works for me. Breakfast was great, plenty of choice, and the dinner I had at the Full Moon restaurant was really wonderful. The Eclipse bar does a fantastic margarita - highly recommended. I mainly ate out at restaurants in the Fisherman's Village (3 minute walk beach side); lots of choice and good value. The pool area got a bit crowded for me and the beds are quite close together but the pool is amazing, and there is a swim up bar. There's a happy hour at the pool bar 5-6pm daily, worth getting involved with. The other guests were a lovely mixture of couples and families so a good choice for relaxation. My only niggle - one night there was a 'staff party' at some place close (but outside the hotel) and the music was really loud (I mean really loud) until about 1am. I called reception many times, spoke to the duty manager etc and while I appreciate it wasn't their problem (which they kept telling me - yes, I know) I just felt they didn't handle it well at all. They kept telling me it was only going on for another 30 minutes, then another 30 minutes etc. I think a little note under the door from management just to advise their guests would have been a better way to approach this, rather than waiting for guests to complain (and I'm not a complainer by the way!). A lovely touch on my first night was a 'sleep well' message from housekeeping, with my name painted in gold on an acutal leaf! Beautiful. I had originally booked the Hansar next door, but then got a fabulous rate here with Jetsetter so moved. The Hansar, like it's sister in Bangkok (where I stayed) is a cool, urban, sleek property (a bit of a concrete eyesore from the outside), and it's on the roadside (route to Fisherman's village) while not noisy, super busy, means you are literally on your sunbed by the side of the street, as there is no vegitation to separate you from the road. I'm sure it's rooms are ultra modern and stunning, but if you want to experience a true Thai feel then I would go for the Anantara. If you want modern simplicity then go with the Hansar. I think a nice touch for the pool side/beach days would be a cold towel - easy to do and no cost to the hotel but would be well appreciated by the guests (me anyway!), also I think the happy hour in the Eclipse would work well earlier than the current 10pm time slot. Overall, loved it and was very sad to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a tranquil stretch of sand, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa offers guests inimitable luxury comforts coupled with world renowned Thai hospitality. Enjoy water sports on the Gulf of Thailand's placid warm waters whilst residing at our elegant Samui resort. Soak in the sun by Anantara's elegant beachfront pool with stunning sea views or on Bophut's peaceful beach. Unwind with one of our specially developed Anantara spa packages. Dine on fiery Thai curries and handmade Italian pastas overlooking the ocean. Anantara Bophut presents a Koh Samui resort lifestyle that is quite unlike any other, from Bill Bensley designed tropical gardens which complement the charms of Fisherman's Cove on Bophut Beach, to southern Thai architecture which reflects our local cultural heritage, and world class amenities enhanced by Anantara's unique design touches. A wealth of leisure facilities and experiences from windsurfing and sailing to spa, beach yoga, tennis, cooking classes and area excursions help you to make the most of Koh Samui's stunning natural and cultural attractions. While complimentary Wi-Fi Internet at our Lobby and Library, in the Eclipse Bar, High Tide and Full Moon restaurants, as well as poolside, allows you to keep up to date with the world. In short, Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa brings you all of the island's riches with Anantara's distinctive gracefulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Bophut Hotel Bophut
- Anantara Bophut Resort And Spa
- Anantara Koh Samui Hotel
- Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui