When we arrived we bought a voucher for the mini bus to the various hotels. The driver had a problem finding ours and we got a free tour of the island but finally made it. On arrival, the staff we met could only speak minimal English. After a bit of negotiation we discovered via a third party an Indian tour guide working their that we had been given "compensation" because there were no services due to renovations. The main pool had a bar but it never opened or had any waiter service. The place was basically deserted, staff in the dinig room were slow and were constantly hovering to snatch your plate when they thought you were finished. The food was okay but the breakfast was boring with the same menus all week. Beds were rock hard and the lift on the 3rd floor where we were only worked on occasion.
After 4 days of this we upgraded to a beach hut..em...the only nice thing about this was the view. The bed was hard, the air conditioning sounded like a MAC truck in the room and the shower was hard to get into. The place was poor value, tired and run down but it has potential and is undergoing some pool and bar renovations. Access to the beach is available but not easy. We took this on a Spreets deal and it looks nothing like the pictures. Owned by Bangkok Airways it is used for their air crews to stay over and they get the better rooms. If you stay and want a taxi, walk outside and ask for Joe, he gives good service and is reliable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Palm Beach Resort is located just 15 minutes from the airport on Bophut beach on the north of the island. With stunning views of Koh Phangan Island our beach is one of the most beautiful settings you will ever encounter. At 270 meters, it is the longest beach-front of any resort on the island. There are a total of 127 rooms, separated to 2 zones. Deluxe has 90 Rooms and Deluxe Triple 12 Rooms with own terrace and balcony. Villas 24 Rooms and 1 Royal Villas with Garden & Sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Hotwire, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Palm Beach Hotel Bophut
- Samui Palm Beach Resort And Hotel
- Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel Ko Samui/Bophut