We went to Tangsai Bay for our honeymoon and had a brilliant holiday.
We stayed in one of the Beachfront suites and the room was lovely. It was nice and spacious and looked good. The bath on the balcony is a nice touch. Although the Beachfront rooms might not be as big as the Cottages, they are closer to the pools so we could easily pop back when the heat of the midday sun got too much!
The restaurants were really good (and gave generous portions). Our favourite was Chef Choms, the Thai food was great. Floyd's at lunch was really nice too with a good variety of dishes.
The spa was lovely, certainly worth trying as the setting is really pretty. We also had some massages in Chaweng which were excellent value for money, worth considering as an alternative.
The pools were good, we mainly stayed by the big one, it was never particularly busy. The beach is shingly but not that bad. The bay was lovely to swim in and good to kayak around (it may be good to sail and windsurf but we didn't do that so I couldn't really say!).
We also found that the hotel taxi was competitively price which was good.
For us though, what made the holiday so special was the staff. They were friendly, helpful and attentive. A real asset to the hotel.
Overall, a really great place, now we just have to save up to go again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splitty, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut