The Tongsai Bay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$133
$118
  • Breakfast included
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
$218
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$158
$146
Agoda.com
Bandara Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$102
$74
Agoda.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$138
$117
Amari.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$188
$145
  • Pool
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$304
$91
ibis Samui Bophut(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$45
$30
Samui Palm Beach Resort & Hotel(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Breakfast included
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$219
$182
Travelocity
2,015 results
All reviewscottage suitehalf moonpo ladgrand villaprivate beachchef chomsseafront cottageprana spaour honeymoonbeach bistrothe cottagesoutdoor bathkoh samuifresh fruitgolf buggiesthai restaurantsplit level
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013

service and breakfast fantastic. beach is grainy coarse sand and very cloudy water but water sports with sailing and wind surfing was great, safe area for wind surfing and great beginner board but only 1 available. I was planning to go with my son next time and wind surf together but was disappointed to find out they only had 1. the rooms have fantastic view and having a bath on deck was a laugh and feels alittle decadent. complimentary fruit bowl topped up daily, great bed made a fantastic stay. rooms were lovely but feels tired at edges.
gym is small and sufficient but with older equipment. pool was a little cloudy on some days of our stay and added to tiredness feeling of the resort. interesting but dated pool and when it was built I can imagine it was cutting edge for its time. if you can ignore some of the dated feel (I trend to contemporary and others may find this charming instead) than you will love this resort and its certainly worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chillingoutsup
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 wonderful nights at Tongsai Bay Sept 5-10, 2013. We booked Hideaway cottage and could not have been more pleased. After the trip from the US, we needed a place to relax and reconnect before heading to Northern Thailand. The property and staff exceeded our expectations in every way. We have traveled extensively in the Caribbean and in SE Asia and this is, without a doubt, our favorite resort. There are a lot of steps, so if you cannot do steps, it is not a place for you. (We are in our 50s and had no problem) We enjoyed the walk through the shady topical gardens to our cottage and loved the view, the privacy, and the outdoor tub and canopy bed.

Some little, unexpected, touches that we appreciated were that there was a coffee pot (Mr Coffee style) and filters in the room, along with a hot water pot and tea pot/service. My wife loves her coffee and brought a pack of Starbucks along, while I am a tea drinker. The wifi in the room was as fast as what we have at home. Each afternoon, they left a snack for us! We had a AC unit that quit working, and it was fixed by the time we got back from dinner. The breakfast was amazing. The made to order waffles and french toast was the best we have ever eaten. The kayaks and Hobie cats were in good condition. There were more than enough beach/pool chairs, so we never had to hurry up to reserve one.

It is not within walking distance to other properties or restaurants, so we ate at the resort, and were very pleased with the food. They rent motor bikes on property and this is a good way to get around and see the island. Tesco Lotus in town sells wine :)

I could go on and on, but if you are looking for quiet, restful, and romantic get away, this is the place for your holiday.

Room Tip: We would stay in Hideaway Cottage again. The view is amazing, and you cannot see another villa from the deck. Feels like you have the island to yourself.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Tongsai for 12 nights on our honeymoon. It was our first trip to Thailand so although we knew kho samui was very commercial it wasn't really our cup of tea per se, Tongsai however was just amazing. The staff are really helpful and friendly and they seemed sincere with it too! The breakfasts are so worth getting up for, there is so much choice. We ate most days at the bar and I particularly recommend the red curry-delicious.
I think the thing we most enjoyed was all of the flora and fauna, if you like being close to nature you will love it at Tongsai. I liked that it was a family run hotel because it felt so much more personal.
Whilst your staying in kho samui make sure you go on the marine reserve tour, it was a truly amazing experience. You can book this through reception.
Don't miss happy hour for cocktails and enjoy an afternoon soak al fresco with the outdoor tub.
Go
I miss Tongsai and will definitely go again.

Room Tip: Don't miss out on the cottages with the freestanding baths- lovely!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have just had the pleasure of spending a week at the Tongsai Bay.

The hotel and its cottages are set on 25 acres of lush forest hillside looking over a private beach. We opted for an Seafront Cottage, which was perfect - it was luxurious and comfortable, nestled into the green hillside with a beautiful view out over the water.

I was initially concerned at the hotel's location, as it's a bit out of the way (we walked into the nearby town of Choengmon one afternoon and ended up very sweaty.) But I soon realised this is to its advantage - its location is stunning and feels very private and exclusive. The grounds are impeccably maintained by the staff and there's an abundance of wildlife.

Although it's a bit of a hike out of town, you can easily get a car from reception into Choengmon for 150 baht or Chaweng/Fishermans Village for 400 baht - ferried to/from your room in a golf buggy!

The staff were all extremely friendly, helpful and professional. Everyone - from reception to the gardeners - greet you with a smile and hello.

The resort attracts a good mix of people, mostly with a skew to couples aged mid 20s to late 40s. (As a side note, I travelled here with my boyfriend - we're a gay couple - and there were a couple of other gay couples staying here as well).

The only slight let down was a meal we had at the Po-Lad beach bistro. We ordered a seafood platter and it didn't taste at all fresh. Given the number of fishing boats visible on the horizon this was a bit disappointing.

However, all in all it was a fantastic experience, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We came back again just because we could. The hotel is still a wonderful place to relax for a few days, the breakfast is still awesome and the staff are fantastic.

The hotel has done some recent renovations, with the larger Spa and more villas this really is a great place to spend a few nights.

Try booking direct with the hotel for great deals, or the usual search engines like Agoda have great deals going.

Room Tip: Higher lever rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple